Will you forgive Bioware if they bomb ME3?

Awexsome

Were it so easy
Mar 25, 2009
After the good ME1 and improving so much on it with ME2, (face it RPG purists, it was better overall. Period.) I have very high hopes for ME3. Unless it's clearly an issue with EA screwing with it you don't usually retain much faith for screwing up the third of the trilogy.

Liquid Paradox

Jul 19, 2009
No, I will not forgive them if they f-word this up.I could take DA:2 sucking, because it was still awesome fun for a while, and because Dragon Age hasn't had that epic build-up of the previous Mass effect games.

It would be a travesty, the likes of which have not been seen since someone gave George Lucas the reins to create Star Wars: Episode One, and from there, butcher an entire beloved universe.... where was I again?

ReCaptcha: Uaryaat Says... No idea who Uaryaat is, but his name sounds like a Lovecraftian Horror!

Virgilthepagan

May 15, 2010
MiracleOfSound said:
I've played Mass Effect 3 and I'm pretty confident it's going to be amazing.
Song worthy amazing?

In all honesty, I'm fairly confident Bioware will make it a good game? I'm a little worried that still more of the RPG element will be shed for a 3rd person shooter approach, but if for some reason it turns out horrid then I will crawl into a corner and weep like a small child.

Nov 12, 2010
Well, ME3 couldn't be worse than ME2. There isn't much space for dumbing down left... Unless, of course, they drop the RPG elements entirely.

To my experience, when it comes to games, the third one is usually the best in series. Think "Devil May Cry 3", DMC 2 and 4 were utter crap. DXHR to me is better than the original too (it's the third one in series technically, but don't even get me started on DX2).

Versuvius

Apr 30, 2008
Yes because i have no interest in their shooters with RPG elements. I haven't forgiven them for bailing on the NWN/DA:O formula for first person mc shooty no inventory system. ME1 was okay. ME2 was okay with lot's of RPG features i like gutted out (Unlock this big pistol? EVERYONE CAN HAVE BIG PISTOL!) yeahno.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Kathinka said:
MiracleOfSound said:
you have WHAT?!

torches and pitchforks..
Hehehe

rohansoldier said:
How on earth (or any other planet you care to mention) have you played it already?
Bioware let me play it at Gamescom. And it's real good. Shooting is meaty and solid, team AI is good, enemies are smart and the set pieces are amazing.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Forgive? They'll have released a bad game, not kill my dog. I'll be massively disappointed. But when their next game rolls around, I'll be gathering info and seeing if I should give it a chance.

The odd thing about Dragon Age 2 is not that it was a bit of a disappointment. The odd thing is how it changed the perception of Dragon Age: Origins. Before, Origins was known for being uneven, ugly, and derivative. Now people talk about it like it is BioWare's flawless masterpiece that needed no changing.

Kathinka

Jan 17, 2010
MiracleOfSound said:
Kathinka said:
MiracleOfSound said:
you have WHAT?!

torches and pitchforks..
Hehehe

ah, well, i suppose it's fair. you probably don't remember, waaay back when ME2 came out i obtained my version early due to the awesomeness of eastern european corruption and teased you with screenshots. so i suppose this is the rightfull retribution. never thought this would come back to hit me^^

jFr[e]ak93

Apr 9, 2010
Cheshire the Cat said:
I am still unsure if I am willing to forgive them for bombing ME2.
The company that brought us Mass Effect and Dragon Age: Origins aint the same one that brought us ME2 and DA2 and we are poorer for it.
Ummm... What was wrong with ME2? ME was good, but CLUNKY. The engine lagged on my machine that ran ME2 like a dream, the weapon mods were overwhelmingly poorly organized. Now, I will admit that ME had things that were better then ME2, (the story was consistently better in ME, it took a loooong time to get ME2 engaging...)

OT - IF they mix ME and ME2 just right, it will be awesome, if not, I'll play it and feel like I did after Matrix Reloaded...

My biggest fear is that EA pulls an EA and makes it an Origin exclusive and gives Steam the cold shoulder... that would suck.

Lordmarkus

Jun 6, 2009
No. If BioWare fuck up Mass Effect 3 then it means that Dragon Age 2 wasn't a coincidence and that the times when BioWare could make engaging RPG's rather than the latest boobs with dialogue is long gone.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
jFr[e said:
ak93]My biggest fear is that EA pulls an EA and makes it an Origin exclusive and gives Steam the cold shoulder... that would suck.
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but they already have.

The ME3 EULA states that you need an Origin account and the Origin client installed to play ME3 on PC.

I don't know if it's going to be on Steam, but I doubt it.

Jan 27, 2011
No, I don't think I could. :s

I mean, ME1 and 2 were awesome. If they were to totally botch the ending that we're been playing towards for years.........It would ruin an otherwise awesome series.

That being said, I don't think they'll botch it. Bioware usually know what they're doing. Although I REALLY want to have a chat with the idiots who made that Sonic RPG. >: ( That game was awful. I could do better in RPGmaker.

Sewer Rat

Sep 14, 2008
Probably not, because they would have to really f*ck up royal to screw up Mass Effect 3, considering the fact that they pretty much have a strong formula set up and a really engaging story. The only way that the game could really be as painful as to call it a 'bomb' I can see is if they had the lead programmer not only rick roll the player in place of an actual ending, but also comes to your house and personally kick you in the crotch. Not to mention I am willing to look past EA's control so long as they keep producing strong games, DA2 was already a strike against them, not sure if they can survive another.

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
MiracleOfSound said:
Wait, you played it already? Are you from the future? Are you.... are you....

OT: According to my religion, I have to forgive them. But I think what you are asking is "Will you buy from them again" and my response is this: Only to finish up the Dragon Age series. If they bomb ME, I'm done with them, like Lionhead

FangShadow

Feb 18, 2009
I would be greatly dissapointed at bioware for giving me hope for the last few years only to crush it by screwing the pooch on the home stretch. I love the mass effect series despite the flaws of each game.

Kinda like how I feel about the avengers movie:
If great, I'll remeber it for all time.
If Bad, God help me, I may go Ape-Shit.

ABLb0y

Aug 27, 2010
I don't think it's possible for them to make a bad game. I even liked Dragon age 2.

The closest I came to hating a game was Mass Effect 2, and that was because of the characters (Especially Miranda. Luckily, she died in the Suicide Mission. Unluckily, so did Tali. Only casualities.)

cannot_aim

Dec 18, 2008
This question is irrelevant because ME3 is going to be awesome.

Realistically if somehow they find a way to screw it up I would be able to forgive them because KOTOR, ME 1 and 2, Baldur's gate 1 and 2 are all awesome. And ToR is going to be awesome.

radioactive lemur

May 26, 2010
Geez guys relax. Look at the goddamn trailers ffs. There is literally no chance this game will be anything short of an amazing, critically acclaimed GOTY contender.

Sep 14, 2009
well after checking out videos and that endless fact sheet they have about it, i seriously seriously seriously seriously doubt they can NOT impress me with it, plus its the end of the trilogy, i want to know what happens dammit!

unless they make it so the game physically is NOT playable, i don't think i will be disappointed...

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
Yes, I would have to say "Fuck you".

After the utter catastrophe that was DA2 and their response to it, I think they'd have lost it by then.