Woman Blames FarmVille for Killing Her Baby

Random berk

Sep 1, 2010
Wow, Farmville may be crap, but this is fucking ridiculous.

I's say insanity here. She may get away with far less of a punishment than a childs life is worth, but no sane person could have done this because they were pissed off over a computer game. I may have a short temper while playing some games, but I would never even kill one of my consoles for its offenses. A crime like this, its unthinkable. So, I think she must have been a severely mentally ill person, with no concept of reality or human life.

KarmicToast

Nov 11, 2008
I'm going to take a wild guess here and say that she wasn't "blaming FarmVille." I think she was just explaining to the police what happened when she shook the baby. I don't think this counts as "blaming video games." And I'm not willing to call Farmville a video game anyway...

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
Jesus Fucking H Christ, what the hell is this world coming to?!
Where's Jack Thompson? Why the hell doesn't he condemn this game for making people doing stupid shit?
So far, for as long as I've been seeing reports on this game, it seems like Farmville causes more deaths/court cases than GTA 4, Halo, COD, or <insert M-rated game here> has caused in the past 5 years combined! Sonofabitch!
Hey FOX, PTC, why don't you guys talk about Farmville instead and leave the M-rated games alone for awhile?

Ok, anger induced rant over.

Communist partisan

Jan 24, 2009
Than I saw her picture..... I wanted want to stabb that fucking ***** in the throat whith anykind of sharp object repeatingly while saying "wheres your farmville now?"

She would really disurv that.

rsvp42

Jan 15, 2010
Captain_Maku said:
rsvp42 said:
If Farmville was to blame, then there'd be a lot more shaken babies.
Unfortunately, very few non-gamers share your way of thinking, so this is going to be yet another opportunity for anti-game crusaders to cry out for game banning.

On topic, I hope this woman gets what she deserves. I don't even like kids and I think this is utterly inexcusable.

[small]Zynga's tactics must not be that effective considering the amount of people who clearly don't like Zynga's games on this site. I for one played it, then got totally bored.[/small]
I just think we all have a better taste in games than the average baby-shaking mothers out there. But naw, all I was saying is that as popular as Farmville is, as many players as it has, this is the first time I've heard of someone blaming their murderous rage on it. I think even non-gamers can see that she's just an irresponsible, horrible person, with or without Farmville. The only people who'd use this against games as a whole are those who already have an axe to grind. But they're always jumping on every little incident, damn vultures.

mr_rubino

Sep 19, 2010
At least Zynga, maker of chintzy Facebook mini-games, has the ability to say "No, this chick's a loon. Now go back to playing.", whereas something like- say- EA would piss their pants in the corner and make a grand apology to every news outlet.

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the "Most Ridiculous". I'm sure it'll be topped within the week, but let's just sit back and take a breath in celebration.

CheckD3

Dec 9, 2009
As if video games weren't the scapegoat of enough shit, now we have a dipshit mother who shook a child because it had the galls to be a baby? Seriously?

I'm suprised we haven't seen Jack Thompson running into the courtroom, stark naked and waving the anti-gaming flag, calling this the fault of Zynga and trying to bring them into court to pay the woman for killing her child.

I seriously hate what I'm now calling 'poser gamers', people who play video games, but turn on the medium because they don't know how to behave.

snow

Jan 14, 2010
tehweave said:
"Woman blames farmville for killing her baby."
"She's 22 years old."

Of course she is. Because every single person of our (I'm 22 as well) generation has no idea how to take responsibility.
Speak for yourself...

No one randomly decides to shake a baby, that agitation was there long before she decided to play her lil facebook game. It just happened while she was playing farmville, it could have just as easily happened while she was watching TV. She was unhappy with her life because of being tied down to her child, so this death for the most part was inevitable... Sad to say but it is true.

_Nocturnal

Nov 4, 2006
SadakoMoose, ffs-dontcare, meganmeave, Serenegoose, Hawk of Battle, KarmicToast: You give me hope, guys.

Everyone else: How about you try and look at the bigger picture? Which would not be the sullied reputation of our holy games industry, but the waste of somebody's life in jail. When that "somebody" is obviously a person with problems who should receive the proper care and attention. Are you that willing to take such a person's life away? Why, that kind of makes you the same as a certain mother who didn't give the proper care and attention to her baby just recently! I say this: If "blaming games" has actually helped someone in a position like that, then that means those same games have saved a life. Which, I don't know, seems a little bit more important than a sullied reputation to me.

LostAlone

Sep 3, 2010
Pretty shocking story. But then again its only due to the facebook reference that this is even a news story, let alone one that would be discussed here. And in all honesty, it doesn't make her any worse because she blamed it on a game, it makes the wider society a whole lot worse for not being interested unless its to do with facebook.

Zeithri said:
binvjoh said:
What the fuck?

"I got angry doing something else and while I was still angry I killed my baby, so it's obviously not my fault".

I'm not usually an angry person, but I want her shot. Or preferably shaken to death.
I'd rather have her live, chained up against something and kept alive in agony for her entire life.
Quote chosen because it was closest to end of thread, could have picked almost any other post.

You know what's actually kinda worse than this story ?

You people.

You should be ******* ashamed of yourselves.

She did something terrible, and shes going to be punished for it. But any excuse to be a petty little sadist and say that somehow she deserves to be punished more than anyone else who killed or raped...*shakes head* Civilisation discovered a long while ago that torturing people to death doesn't stop anyone nor does it undo anything that they did. Nor would it make you feel better. All you'd know is that there's more blood on your hands for screaming for vengeance. I'm kinda glad none of you actually have any power... Because god damn do none of you understand what the justice system is actually about.

Pandalisk

Jan 25, 2009
Its the last thing that company wants, but its also the last thing we want as it blackens gaming in general

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
Oh That Dude said:
maddawg IAJI said:
I believe it, I got angry while with my brother while I was playing Team Fortress and set him on fire. It's obviously Team Fortress' fault.
No no no, you were just spychecking and you found a spy disguised as your brother. Clearly he wouldn't have burned if he was on your team.
But he didn't turn red after he finished screaming :< And now the guys on my team told me to get in their car with the flashing lights and now I can't get out of the spawn point.

SnipErlite

Aug 16, 2009
Therumancer said:
0_O Woah that was a long post. I agree with some of what you said, I'm not up to writing a mini essay back though. I just hope it doesn't backlash against Zynga, despite my dislike for them. It isn't enraging enough to cause something like this...well, I don't think it is. Meh.

TheDoctor455 said:
It seems more likely that this is just another "Twinkie Defense".
She is either insane, or just irresponsible.
Let her rot.
Bit of both? A lot of both? =/

Amyler said:
Unless it's a game where you shake them around a little so they giggle, because I do that with my nephew and it is the cutest thing you can see. *Avoids the horror and disgust the actual topic fills him with*
Well yeah, but there's a bit of a difference between that and this. Is there even a game that focuses on that? :S

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
Maybe she saw one too many ".... found a stray cow on his/her farm and it needs adopting" and just lost it.

Seriously, what the hell? It seems a rather controlled out burst, she stopped had a smoke then carried on shaking the baby, seems weird to me.

She needs a good slap and be made to never have kids again.

I kind of hope it brings zynga down but on the other hand if it did, it would probably effect the entire industry.

TraderJimmy

Apr 17, 2010
DragonsAteMyMarbles said:
You have got to be kidding me.
There is no excuse for killing your own baby. Ever.
This...

Why did this need to be said?

Oy.

Perhaps we should start branding all newborns with those words, so every time their parents see the kid, they're like "Oh, right! DON'T kill the fragile young human. That was a close one, junior!" and...canned laughter...freeze-frame!