Worst movie ever

SpiritCorsair

Oct 10, 2008
I remember finishing Destroy All Humans! and unlocking the little feature that went with it... Teenagers From Outer Space.

And watching that thing... I just couldn't do it with no MST3K wisecracks. I just sat there, and I wanted to get away from it, and come back when I had done something more interesting, like pop zits or watch grass grow, but there were no pause or rewind buttons to that thing, and if I quit to the game menu, I'd have to start from scratch. Gack.

Finally, I gave up two thirds of the way in. Haven't gone back. Don't plan on it.

And if this is the payoff for finishing the game... I don't wanna THINK about what they'd do to you for sucking at it. *shudder*

MattyboyJ

Sep 11, 2008
The Others. My god, i wasted two hours watching that rubbish. I only watched the other night, and nobody told me the ending, but i managed to work it out within at least 15 minutes. That and the fact it was set in Jersey (i'm a Guernsey boy, and we have much better legends than that)
Also Napoleon (sp?) Dynamite is just not funny, and smae with every other "____ Movie" barring the Scary Movie 1+2

Zippy1313

Mar 26, 2008
True Lies or Species 2 for the worst movies EVAR!! (I know, I know, it was misspelled on purpose.

Feb 13, 2008
Bhaalspawn said:
The_root_of_all_evil said:
zhoomout said:
Bhaalspawn said:
The worst movie I have ever seen would have to be Star Wars Episode IV. It was just all bad all the time and had nothing good in it whatsoever.
Such a troll.
Be fair, the first one wasn't as good as the other 2 imo. Maybe it wasn't the worst but I kinda got a bit bored watching the film.
Even if you didn't actually enjoy it, there are certain parts about the film you have to appreciate. 'Nothing good in it whatsoever' is flamebait. 1,2,3,6 I could understand, but not 4 and 5.
The biggest thing that turned me off the original trilogy were the Lightsaber duels. It was pretty much: Poke Poke Smack and die. It was just terrible compared to the (how do you spell it) choreography of the Clone Wars trilogy duels.
It was 1978...do you know how bloody difficult even making those was in that time? Fight Scene Choreography wasn't even heard of.

kazork

Oct 16, 2007
Battlefield earth which is a made after the book with the same name by L. Ron Hubert.
I loved the book so i was really excited to see the movie.

I have never been so disapointed in my life!!!

And starship troopers 2 but i could have expected that.

Kuweekee

Jun 18, 2008
Nickson said:
I saw "Starship Troopers 3" this weekend. Now I can't say I expected a lot, but I read a goodly number of positive reviews on it. So I actually was a bit optimistic. When the movie ended and I finished vomiting, I was left to wonder what unholy demon from the depths of Hell convinced so many people it was good! Disgusting!
I really couldn't agree more. I really liked the first one, never watched the second one, and my friend (?) came with this movie and said that the second one was worse than the third one, so we should be ok. I don't think i've ever seen a movie worse than that one

Feb 13, 2008
Bhaalspawn said:
Bhaalspawn said:
zhoomout said:
Bhaalspawn said:
The worst movie I have ever seen would have to be Star Wars Episode IV. It was just all bad all the time and had nothing good in it whatsoever.
Such a troll.
Be fair, the first one wasn't as good as the other 2 imo. Maybe it wasn't the worst but I kinda got a bit bored watching the film.
Even if you didn't actually enjoy it, there are certain parts about the film you have to appreciate. 'Nothing good in it whatsoever' is flamebait. 1,2,3,6 I could understand, but not 4 and 5.
The biggest thing that turned me off the original trilogy were the Lightsaber duels. It was pretty much: Poke Poke Smack and die. It was just terrible compared to the (how do you spell it) choreography of the Clone Wars trilogy duels.
It was 1978...do you know how bloody difficult even making those was in that time? Fight Scene Choreography wasn't even heard of.
really? a lot of people told me that it was because Darth Vader couldn't move very well in the bulky suit...but it was still bad. I don't suffer from the blindness of nostalgia. The original Trilogy was not the best trilogy ever. There will be millions of movies that will be better.
Well, given that you've no latex or bendable materials, you're shooting in a desert on a very small budget, Dave Prowse is just about to have severe back problems, all of the lightsaber had to be manually drawn onto the film (no computer editing), I'd still say it was a remarkable film.
The basic story was great, not brilliant, NO over-advertising and it was realistically the first EVER summer blockbuster.

BUT...let me touch on the nostalgia element.

I don't think it's the best film ever made; though I'd be tempted to say it's one of the few trilogies that actually kept it's place.(Alien 3 was a god awful movie, Highlander 2 screwed things up)

But you imagine all of the films that came after, without the original success of Star Wars? It was the trilogy that gave Hollywood a complete understanding of marketing.

Sure Chewie looks like a walking carpet, the cantina is far too dark, Luke fumbles his way through, Stormtroopers hit their head on the doors.

The wave of anti-nostalgia prevalent at the moment bugs me at times. Look at The Italian Job, Casablanca, The Great Escape...sure, they have plot holes you could drive three mini's through, sure the acting is a bit ropey, sure the effects look like they've been phoned in, but can you still see people raving over Dark Knight, Quantum of Solace or Ghost Town in 30 years?

Saying Star Wars had NO redeeming features is a little off. It wasn't a ZOMG TIS TEH BEST FLIM EVAH!, but it is a really good film that spawned thousands of others.

And if you say millions of films that were better...Try naming a hundred.

95% on the Rotten Tomatoes all time score.
BBC said:
Despite being over-hyped, over-marketed, and fairly flawed, Star Wars remains one of the most memorable and glorious fantasies ever made.
Empire Magazine said:
This is the phenomenon that saved 20th Century Fox.
Arizona Daily Star said:
Lucas' trilogy earned its place in eternity not for its mechanical precision, but for its intangible qualities of inspiration and wonder.
Roger Ebert said:
Lucas fills his screen with loving touches
Along with
Stanley Kauffman said:
His work here seems less inventive than in THX 1138.
And that's not much of a criticism.

I agree that there is a wistful look to Star Wars, and watching the Prequels first will damage the viewing (because the prequels screw up some of the basic logic in the first films), but saying it's rubbish? Nah.

Syphonz

Aug 22, 2008
erm...worst movie ever...Yeah, somebody else mentioned it before. House of the Dead by Uwe Boll..wow, just wow..I didn't realise someone can fuck up a movie so bad in my life.