Scary movies 2-4
Date Movie
Disaster Movie
Anything directed by Uwe Boll

neoman10

Big Brother
Sep 23, 2008
Eyclonus said:
Turkish Star Wars, properly known as Dünyayı Kurtaran Adam (The Man Who Saves the World). Its meant to be a rip off of Star Wars, Indianna Jones, and just about any big film from 1970s - mid 80s.

By rip off I mean the steal all the music and randomly inserted it, took all the flying scenes from SW reshot the cockpit parts and applied the oddest backgrounds from the film behind the actors (In one part the pilots are doing that narrow canyon in the Deathstar thing, except by splicing in the footage of the models instead it looks like the ships are flying sideways, then with out any cuts, it changes to giant image of a nebula.)

The plot is even less logical, like melting down a magic golden sword and a magical Brain in a campfire pot, then plunging his hands in there and pulling them out wearing golden heavily mailed gauntlets. For some reason an amulet of mind control and a sword of Mass Genocide +999999 aren't as good as a pair of gloves AND matching boots.

Other interesting points are:
-The same guy plays about half of the monsters, only wearing the masks and not changing out of his pinstripe jacket,
-For some reason the Deathstar is shown at the start levelling Alderaan, then it later turns out that the Deathstar is Earth... and that the nice, environmentally healthy and beautiful planet is evil...
-And that the Deathstar's Earth's armoured shell is an invisible(???) barrier projected by the brains of the human race...
-That the co-star is necessary to power a machine to nullify this shield because he is from Earth, ignoring the fact that about half the evil wizards henchmen are human and from Earth and are not constantly escaping and being generally violent.
-The Millenium Falcon appears randomly throughout the film, and when I say randomly in the context of this film, I mean random, like theres a battle going on between robots stolen form Dr Who and villagers who come from either a Conan film, or a Mad Max film (I'm not being indecisive, literally half look post-apoc and the other half look like classical period Gauls/Goths/Germanians/Celts.) and then Woooosh jump to Hyperspace... Back to battle of the Franchise mooks.
i want to see this movie now you know to see the badness that it sounds

but epic movie

xitel

Assume That I Hate You.
Aug 13, 2008
I hated Napoleon Dynamite, it was a stupid movie that got overhyped for no reason.
I hated Antz and Bug's Life too, but not many people ever agree with me on that one.
I have to second the hate of Uwe Bole movies, but only in the case of video game movies. I think he has a chance to be a good director if he started using original ideas.
And yeah, the ____ Movies (Scary, Date, Epic) sucked. Scary Movie 1 was funny once, but that about does it.

Feb 13, 2008
Bhaalspawn said:
Keep in mind that not all Star Wars fans are going to have the same opinion, and if you like the original trilogy yourself then what I say shouldn't get to you.
The bit I took reference with was that Star Wars had Nothing good in it. Even if you don't like it, there has to be a few points where you said "Ok, that wasn't that bad.", which is what the thread was about, REALLY bad films.
I thought the original trilogy was shit, just like I thought a number of classics were shit. There is not much in the world that I'm not a cold hearted cynic about. For every point that 4, 5, and 6 get towards modern perfection, they lose more points for plot holes.
Fair enough, I'm not saying that they are TEH UBER films, I'm just saying they're not bad. The real problem is that the plot holes MADE in the sequels often stem from bad writing in the sequels. My friend has actually shown his kids the films in the order 4,5,6,1,2,3 and they agree it's the order you watch them in that makes the difference, so it's not really nostalgia.
I usually don't discuss movies on an internet forum, but I left a small comment here for shits and giggles. Had I known that it would escalade into this, then I would have kept my mouth shut.
Escalate? Dude, this is just a chat. :)

But seriously, Jumper? Fantastic idea, Excellent SFX; Lousy, lousy story.

Eyclonus

Apr 12, 2008
neoman10 said:
Eyclonus said:
Turkish Star Wars, properly known as Dünyayı Kurtaran Adam (The Man Who Saves the World). Its meant to be a rip off of Star Wars, Indianna Jones, and just about any big film from 1970s - mid 80s.

By rip off I mean the steal all the music and randomly inserted it, took all the flying scenes from SW reshot the cockpit parts and applied the oddest backgrounds from the film behind the actors (In one part the pilots are doing that narrow canyon in the Deathstar thing, except by splicing in the footage of the models instead it looks like the ships are flying sideways, then with out any cuts, it changes to giant image of a nebula.)

The plot is even less logical, like melting down a magic golden sword and a magical Brain in a campfire pot, then plunging his hands in there and pulling them out wearing golden heavily mailed gauntlets. For some reason an amulet of mind control and a sword of Mass Genocide +999999 aren't as good as a pair of gloves AND matching boots.

Other interesting points are:
-The same guy plays about half of the monsters, only wearing the masks and not changing out of his pinstripe jacket,
-For some reason the Deathstar is shown at the start levelling Alderaan, then it later turns out that the Deathstar is Earth... and that the nice, environmentally healthy and beautiful planet is evil...
-And that the Deathstar's Earth's armoured shell is an invisible(???) barrier projected by the brains of the human race...
-That the co-star is necessary to power a machine to nullify this shield because he is from Earth, ignoring the fact that about half the evil wizards henchmen are human and from Earth and are not constantly escaping and being generally violent.
-The Millenium Falcon appears randomly throughout the film, and when I say randomly in the context of this film, I mean random, like theres a battle going on between robots stolen form Dr Who and villagers who come from either a Conan film, or a Mad Max film (I'm not being indecisive, literally half look post-apoc and the other half look like classical period Gauls/Goths/Germanians/Celts.) and then Woooosh jump to Hyperspace... Back to battle of the Franchise mooks.
i want to see this movie now you know to see the badness that it sounds

but epic movie
I think its on netflicks or somewhere, getting copy is hard, many Turkish people in the film industry try to bury it on the basis that it makes less sense to them than it does to us.

redikulis

Nov 7, 2008
Easy, it must be the utterly failed attempt at making max payne a movie, the game was great and the story line was fucking compelling, right and they saw that and went "no, fuck you and your great story and powerful dialogue, we are putting something new together, so loosely based on the game that it might as well be called something else"

and that reminds me Alone in the dark as well, same reason

uwe boll must die

ObnoxiousTwat

Sep 28, 2008
ThePoodonkis post=18.75617.874617 said:
Anything that is a "Sci-Fi Channel Original Movie"
I agree, although I get a big laugh when I get to see a man being "eaten" by a completely computer generated dinosaur.

Not Good

Sep 17, 2008
Twilight and it's impending sequels. The Book is full of fail, and so will the movie AND the incited wrath of the fangirls and fanbois as soon as the movie conflicts with the text.

Not Good

Sep 17, 2008
pieeater911 said:
Epic Movie
Meet the Spartans
Scary movies 2-4
Date Movie
Disaster Movie
Anything directed by Uwe Boll
Scary Movie 3 was the height of the series and I believe it shouldn't be included.

forever saturday

Nov 6, 2008
the worst movie i have ever seen is either epic movie or dan in real life. come to think of it, a lot of movie movies suck. for the uninitiated, a movie movie is a movie like scary movie, epic movie, disaster movie, you get the picture. most of them suck. some stuff from these movies are ok, but the bad thing is that they also usually only make sense for a few months and then we forget about everything they make fun of in the movie. sorry, this is getting tangential. anyway, i also think that dan in real life sucked because i didnt laugh once during the movie. steve carrell is better in the office.

Coldsnap

Oct 24, 2008
It's been mentioned once or twice, but I have to go with "Monster a go-go" being the worst film ever created. You only see the "monster" once or twice shambling along about as threateningly as a tree. The "monster" also looks like Abraham Lincoln with oatmeal rubbed and dried on his face. Only a couple of people die in the movie and they take away any buildup by having some random announcer tell you that a scientist guy is gonna die in a minute. Whoever first started making the movie stopped about halfway through and the movie picked it up from there by throwing new characters at you while barely explaining who everyone was. Also the "ending" was the biggest cop-out I've ever seen in a movie. I would be amazed if anyone could watch this movie without Mystery Science Theater to ease your suffering.