Worst. Weapon. Ever.

Flackster

Feb 21, 2010
Going with Excalipoor from Final Fantasy, amazing stats and had 99% accuracy, but no matter how high your stats were, no matter how awesome your gear was, it would only do 1 damage.....Oh and you can't sell it.

That and the wooden sword from KH1.

Odbarc

Elite Member
Jun 30, 2010
There's this one Street Fighter game where you can customize a character by earning new moves (by doing combos of varies difficulty)...

This one uber-hadoken takes up the entire screen, takes a full (triple) meter of special and does a single tick of damage. I'm probably doing something wrong, but it's absolutely the worst offensive option I've ever seen or heard of in a game. It's as expansive as any other special and also replaces your special if you choose it in lieu of something worth while.

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
I'm surprised no one mentioned the rusty sword from SOTN.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
REvolve said:
Klobb from Goldeneye, takes 7 shots to shoot through a pane of glass. Oh the frustration.
This is what i was thinkong when i saw the thread title , but you took my answer so soon :/

Siege_TF

May 9, 2010
Final Fantasy XI. Great Swords. They have at best an average damage-delay ratio of any weapon type (aside from Great Katana, which can easily be tailored to have 5 hit builds early as level 50), and can only be wielded well by Paladins, who are better suited to a sword-and-board or dual wielding swords witht he proper support job. Dark Knights, who use Scythes after they get Guillotine can use them too.

They're skillchain friendly in a game that hasn't used skillchains for five years, and they stack well with damage boosting job abilities like Sneak Attack, which you can use once per minute... in EXP parties that resemble the Cloning Machine - Murder Machine duo from that one episode of Itchy And Scratchy.

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
The chemical thrower in bioshock while using liquid nitrogen, it literally can't kill anything. And you never find a suitable time to make use of it. Why, anyway when you've got winter blast on hand.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Treblaine said:
Outside of games: the SA80 rifle series
And to give a game reference, try using the piece of shit in STALKER. The thing will start to break down and misfire after the third bloody clip. The gun is useless, uses expensive ammo, and it is quickly outclassed once you order a Tunder from the order guy.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
Staskala said:
Treblaine said:
SA80 rifle series
I thought they became rather reliable after H&K fixed them? At least that's what the officials say.
Notice how almost all those points had nothing to do with reliability and still apply with the A2 variant (that is, post H&K modification).

The fundamental ergonomics are terrible. It is overpriced and under-performs.

H&K refit made the weapon even heavier, I actually forgot a lot of other contras (there are so many):
-terrible cocking handle position, especially hard to clear faults (compared to FAMAS/AUG)
-heavy has hell, over 5kg / 11-pounds it is the heaviest rifle British soldiers have ever had to heft yet the rearward centre of gravity means it is still a ***** to control on full auto
-H&K retooling cost a LOT of money and worse than that, 1/3 of the MoD's rifles had to be cannibalised for parts for the other two thirds.
-Refit left many rifles out of action for an inordinately long time
-Bayonet is a diabolically bad design
-SA80 was based on AR18 design yet when the designer of AR18 inspected the SA80 he found numerous flaws with the "adaptation" that you can't fix with retooling
-it is still too hard to clean and disassemble

Ultimately the SA80 is an example of how officially corrupt the entire establishment has been with such a lack of accountability.

All throughout the SA80's procurements and deployment there has been a catalogue of whitewashing, biased testing and dismissing. Especially when you consider how at the time of procurement the government was trying to sell off Royal Ordinance, it helped if they had just delivered a "successful" new military rifle so the government could sell the company for a high price.

It was a waste in the end, the people who bought Royal Ordinance liquidised its Enfield properties to sell the land to build expensive flats for rich Londoners.

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
Rem45 said:
Worst gun I've ever come across is also the most powerful.

The Experimental MIRV from Fallout 3. I mean...Its a shotgun filled with mini-nukes...What idiot thought that was a good idea? Its a long range mortar, you can't hit shit with it.

Shoot it straight, kill yourself, shoot up, miss. Loss loss situation. Unless you're aiming for a skyscraper.
While that gun is mostly a dicking around gun it does have its uses, you can destroy nearly the entire outside force of raiders and evergreen mills with it, same goes for other strongholds, like the Lincoln memorial

OT: I'm pretty sure there was a weapon in oblivion, probably in shivering isles, that actually healed your enemies, as far as I'm concerned, that's worse than a weapon that does nothing

Wrath 228

Aug 26, 2010
Dominic Burchnall said:
The Beam Rifle from Star Wars Battlefront II

This weapon is supposed to be a reward upgrade for the Sniper class, but the scope has a lower magnification, it takes twice as many shots to drop a target, and headshots do not 1-hit-kill, I mean what is the point in a sniper rifle that can't kill with a headshot? However, the single most incompetent feature is the fact that, being a BEAM Rifle, every shot you fire leaves a great glowing trace from your target back to your sniper nest, which persists for about three seconds after the shot is fired, and instantly attracting a hail of enemy fire to your position. Quite possibly, the most useless sniper rifle seen in a theatre of warfare.
I came in here to post this, damn ninjas. >.<

But seriously, this. This all the way. Terrible hit detection, headshots were nearly impossible and didn't kill in one hit, lower ammo count, the "I'M OVER HERE!" beam trail, and the fact that you had no choice in the matter. If you switched weapons then switched back to the sniper rifle or died, you'd have it. As time went on I played many rounds of BFII using only the sniper rifle and never switching to my sidearm, just so I could keep using the vanilla rifle.

Mark Flanagan

Apr 25, 2011
The assault rifles in Alpha Protocol were pretty dire with the Shotguns and Pistols outstripping them in usefulness at every turn IMO.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
Soviet Heavy said:
Treblaine said:
Outside of games: the SA80 rifle series
And to give a game reference, try using the piece of shit in STALKER. The thing will start to break down and misfire after the third bloody clip. The gun is useless, uses expensive ammo, and it is quickly outclassed once you order a Tunder from the order guy.
Wow, Stalker is SOOO inaccurate, the SA80 never had reliability that bad.

IT WAS WORSE!

In CQC trials an officer noted that for every soldiers the L85A1 would have a fault Every. Single. Magazine.

And the terrible position of the cocking handle and ejection port meant you had to be a contortionist to clear the weapon. It took as long to clear a fault as reloading a muzzle loading rifle and just about as awkward.

And this was in the "ideal" environment of temperate English climate. In Kuwait it sabotaged operations.