You Are Probably Not Using Internet Explorer to Read This

Optimus Hagrid

Feb 14, 2009
I used IE for yonks and imo it's nowhere near as bad as people make out to be.

However, now I am stuck on Chrome, which is brilliant.

dochmbi

Sep 15, 2008
The first program I install when I do a fresh Windows installation is firefox, it comes even before antivirus.
I would love to use Chrome, but there is no way to block ads with it as far as I know.

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
i have never really had any troubles with IE, might be because i haven't used it since ME (fuck that made me feel old) but i just think of having it is like not setting the clock on your VCR (im so freaking old), it makes you seem like a...well the opposite of a nerd, a jock?.

now i gotta go, im about to find out who shot Mr. Burns and my mom needs to use the phone so i gotta log off.

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
huh, I haven't used internet explorer in ages, there is just so many better options available.

jcm0791

Jul 22, 2009
In the Hot rod industry there is a saying: "If it don't go ... Chrome it!"

...and I can't use Firefox ... I can't think in Russian.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Ben Bazooka said:
Opera, for several years now. Hands down far better than Firefox, or any other browser for that matter. I still do use Firefox at times.
Ditto. Opera is my primary and Firefox is in reserve for the few sites Opera doesn't handle well.

Optimus Hagrid

Feb 14, 2009
Rationalization said:
Tried firefox, it broke more things than it fixed, missing features that should be standard. I might try chrome.
The only problem I had when I started using Chrome was that I greatly missed the feeds tab in IE. I overcame this by downloading Google Reader and adding a bookmark to it in my bookmarks bar. It was a bit of a faff but I got used to it.

CaptainKoala

Elite Member
May 23, 2010
Firefox is faster, safer, and has a spell-checker and open source code means that you can get plenty of useful add-ons.

Unrulyhandbag

Oct 21, 2009
Tenmar said:
Also what does CCleaner do anyway?
checks registry for problems, manages un-installers and manages temporary files. It's free, smallish and pretty damn good. It just keeps a system running at reasonable speed and free from clutter.

Of course the tech savvy could just do all that themselves but why bother when something free and reliable does it almost instantly.

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
Trivun said:
I use Internet Explorer for reading webcomics and for doing things that I don't want my friends to know about -_-. I'll leave it to you to guess what I mean by that.

But for everything else, I use Safari. This happened after it was automatically installed on my laptop when I installed iTunes, and I was fed up of IE as it kept shutting down, cutting out, without warning whenever I browsed The Escapist. Though that problem has gone, when I tried Safari out I was hooked, and now I use it for everything apart from the above mentioned things. With webcomics, at least, it's easier because I already have a folder in my Favourites tab with the ones I read regularly, so it's easier than trying to do it all over again setting one up in Safari. I read a lot of webcomics...
Firefox and Chrome have Private Browsing/Incognito modes which keep history from showing.

esperandote

Feb 25, 2009
Yes I am, i like how IE looks more than the others besides it supports aspx wich I use to work plus a old IE mode that I use to check HTML compatibilities. If it has speed issues then i dont know because i have use the others very little besides, IE7-8 uses Firefox engine doesn't it?