You first "**** This" Moment in Gaming

Mrmac23

Aug 12, 2011
Emperor Velo XXVII in Crash Nitro Kart. If you've ever raced him, you will know how utterly indescribable my hatred is. When he says he doesn't lose in the preceding cutscene, he fucking means it. FUCK RUBBERBAND AI.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
Zelda(the first one)

My save battery is dead so every time I start the game I start from the beginning again... I gave up trying to beat it in one sitting.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Adellebella said:
Master Locks in Skyrim...It's not LEFT, it's not RIGHT, I've broken EIGHTEEN LOCKPICKS flkjfsfsfkj...
I feel your pain. Although I only wasted ten.

OT: I was playing a TMNT game for the PS2 and every fucking time I attacked the bastard would repeat the same line over and over again. SLICE AND DICE!

I also remember the time I tried to beat mile high club on veteran. FUCK THAT SHIT WITH A SPOON!

ArbiterX13

Jul 2, 2011
I don't remember my first, but I've had a couple in Skyrim recently. A minor one would be the Expert and Master locks and how you can only open them if you place your pick at exactly 138.7261538 degrees!
There's a mission early on in the story quest where you need to infiltrate the Thalmor Embassy, and you can give your very favorite weapons, potions, and clothing to that one wood elf guy, because the guards won't let you in with anything sharper than some parchment. I only have two weapons, so I give him both my Superior Skyforged Steel Swords and all my Shrouded Armor. So I get to the party and get all my armor...but no swords. Turns out they wound up with Delphine, and I got them back at the end of the mission. When I was in the Embassy, it was an "f#^% this" moment. When I got them back, I promptly set about trying to figure out how the two swords had teleported themselves to a chest several miles away and underground.

Reishadowen

Mar 18, 2011
Oh, so maaaaany to choose from, which was first? Oh well, why not LIST them.

1, Devil May Cry: About the twelfth time I had to restart the first encounter battle with the dark knight, because he kept going near the area in the room where if I followed him, the camera angle changed and completely flipped my controls, giving him his 50th free hit at my wide-open backside as Dante suddenly swung in the exact opposite direction yet again, RAGE QUIT!

2, Star Wars Battlefront 2: On the assault against Hoth. Seriously, f*ck this stage. It goes on FOREVER. Despite outnumbering the rebels a hundred to one, I can never find more than one or two NPCs to help me take the stupid hanger about half-way through the stage, where every sniper in the entire d*mn rebel alliance has taken up residence in. Even at the point where you unlock Vader there's still another 50 million rebels to kill in yet ANOTHER hanger (all shooting at you at once as well) while you have to rush through, plant some bomb/tracking device on a ship that's about to take off(I don't know, I couldn't hear the conversation over my cursing), then the stage STILL ISN'T OVER....RAGE QUIT!

3, Clocktower 3: It started out OK, but I honestly couldn't tell you how it ended, because the antagonist does NOT leave you alone for anywhere near long enough. Seriously, if you are going to have Resident Evil style puzzles of "Find the switch" or "find the odd-key object" and we have to take time to explore and figure it out, being forced into a corner every thirty fricken seconds by the unkillable antagonist that effectively blocks your path is a great way to get players to give up and RAGE QUIT!

4, Resident Evil Zero: About the point where you get both characters, but Rebecca gets stuck in a room, where in order to proceed she needs "A sharp object" to unjam the lock in the door. Fortunately, you can trade items between the two characters via a dumbwaiter. Switch over to Billy, go into the kitchen of the train, and you can't pick up ANYTHING, no knives, forks, anything that's lying around IN PLAIN SIGHT, in there to use. Okay, fine whatever. I can suspend a sense of logic for a little bit. So I look in the inventory, Billy has a combat knife. Sweet, that should work. Go to the dumbwaiter to send it up to Rebecca. "It's too big, it won't fit!"

.....what......

Techno Squidgy

Nov 23, 2010
TJC said:
Trauma Center

Fun, unique and awesome game, except for one type of alien Virus which made me nearly snap my DS cleanly in HALF...

SERIOUSLY, F#*K THAT D:
I couldn't get past the aneurysm mission. Not my first "FUCK YOU GAAAAAME" moment, but certainly a memorable one. I believe the first might of been in Rayman 2 the great escape, but I can't remember.

Vuliev

Jul 19, 2011
The mission in Battlezone where you were supposed to defend some Cthonian power plant on Mars from a ridiculous amount of Soviets. After getting my ass handed to me for the twentieth time by a swarm of five (FIVE!) Soviet tanks, I said "Fuck this" and enabled cheats. At which point they promptly destroyed the power plant. >:|

Malty Milk Whistle

Oct 29, 2011
probably a golden sun game, just spent a mint on shiny new Armour and weapons. then got taken out in 4 turns by a obese jellyfish.not fun. "F$£k this sh!t" was my response.

Outright Villainy

Jan 19, 2010
First would definitely be Dragon's lair on the NES. Never got past the first screen.
Fuck everything about that game.

LITE992

Jun 18, 2011
ToastiestZombie said:
I was about 8 and I had gotten the 360. I got two games, Viva Pinata (awesome game) and the polar opposite of that, Sonic the Hedgehog. Viva Pinata wouldn't work, so I was stuck with Sonic the flipping Hedgehog for 2 weeks whilst we sent out for another copy of Viva Pinata. The first silver battle is when I just went **** this.
Yeah I was also playing Sonic the Hedgehog when I got to one of Shadow's vehicle sections. There are no tutorials for flying, hardly any checkpoints, the collision detection is fucked, and the loading screens are insanely long. The game can't just give me an airplane, a bunch of obstacles and enemies and expect me to master it in 3 seconds. I wish Yahtzee reviewed this game. He would love to review it because it's bad.

I Have No Idea

Aug 5, 2011
Grand Theft Auto IV. Yes, it's fun. Yes, it's a great sandbox game. But Rockstar so royally screwed the goddamn checkpoint system in GTA IV that if you die, you restart the whole mission. And when I say the whole thing, I mean the whole process. It's freakin' ridiculous how this got past playtesting.

ruben6f

Mar 8, 2011
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, I have to kill a bunch of french soldiers to get their uniforms, I am riding my horse heading to my next victims, I stop and think " This game is boring, more frustrating than a MW2 lobby filled with noobtubers, and the missions are poop" I turned of the 360 and gave the game back to my friend, then I insulted him because he said the game was good.

I bet it wasn't the first moment but it was the first that came to my mind.

Sep 14, 2009
King of the Sandbox said:
I smashed BOTH of my SNES controllers trying to beat Vega in Street Fighter 2 (back when it was released).

Seriously? You can just climb on that fence? "**** this, this is BS." /smashes controllers
haha that is quite annoying when he spams that shit, especially when he's roughly on 1/4th his health...the first fighting game troll ever created.

OT: first time probably was mario party...played the adventure mode on hard, and got to the tug o war part...my little hand just couldn't speed that stick around fast enough to beat the mini game

when a child is BLEEDING from the palm and can't beat your mario game, then game..you fail.

so yeah mario party, fuck you

Cr33dl0rd

May 5, 2011
Hmmm, i can´t remember the name, but i believe it was called cheesy bridge or something like that, it came right after the vanilla fortress in Super Mario World, a scrolling level with platforms that go down when you jump on them while the other one goes up, i beat it after a week or two, but every 2 tries i was like f_ck it, and turned it off for the rest of the day.

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
I loved the shit out of Chrono Trigger, but I never had the chance to finish the game completely. I don't mean the 200 endings, I mean a very first, regular play through.

This is because my final save, just before the final boss, was erased somehow. This shook me so hard that to this day I'm still shaken up about attempting to play this one again. Someday I'll bite down and throw another month at this game. Hopefully.

Strange thing is, when my first PS3 died on me, I had no problem redoing every save from my collection. I think this may be because most of the games I own for the platform can be finished in a single sitting (with a few notable exceptions).

GeneWard

Feb 23, 2011
Ratchet and Clank 3, and that planet with those fucking robots, if you mean due to difficulty.
I also recently walked out of the Battlefield 3 campaign on the level after "Thunder Run."
I love the game to bits, but the single player is just... soul rending.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Ain't that San Andreas?
Yeph, that's a pain!

Taris on KotOR, that whole planet is a pain, you don't have force powers yet, and the whole thing feels like one long tutorial!

Uncle_Brainhorn

Dec 18, 2009
Demons and Dark Souls, The Bourne Conspiracy, the final boss on Turok (2008), Ninja Gaiden for the Xbox Ninety-Nine Nights (not in a difficulty way, more of a "holy shit this game is boring" way)

deth2munkies

Jan 28, 2009
Ghostbusters for NES. There were no instructions, the graphics were terrible, and no real gameplay to speak of, I never quite figured how to play, even after a few hours of trying.