Your Current Minecraft Project?

TuringTest

Jan 26, 2011
Re-making my fortress from Dwarf Fortress, magma rivers and all. (The workshops might give me trouble, but I can just make craftbenches for that.)

peterwolfe

Aug 2, 2008
Joe Deadman said:
peterwolfe said:
Joe Deadman said:
Nothing too big right now i'm just trying to escape my house
I should probably build some walls around the house as well.
Also a tree farm underneath the house.
This is why I always keep sand or silt around somewhere. Drop in on them, it'll suffocate them slowly.
Aaaaaaaand I used up all of that making windows and getting flint D:.

Oh well I guess I can tunnel out, heck I know there's a cave that I can connect my house with i'm just worried the creepers will ambush me at that enterance or something else will be waiting in the caves as well.
Worry not of what may come! Ride to battle and glory!

Drummodino

Can't Stop the Bop
Jan 2, 2011
I've recently started again and through digging down from my temporary first night shelter I have discovered a wicked cave to explore. It has three different, very dark branches to explore. Problem is the creepers don't seem to want me to. After I discovered it I went back up to my chest to deposit all my crap, then when I went back down one ambushed me (two of the branches are horizontal). I survived, went and ate food then went to go hunting more. As soon as I get to my house there is another one outside the door (it's daytime btw) which I killed. Then I step outside, start climbing up the small cliff I built my house into... One dropped onto me and killed me. Fucking creepers...

Drummodino

Can't Stop the Bop
Jan 2, 2011
Wicky_42 said:
Psh, castles are so passe:

As you can see, heavily work in progress but it's gonna be sweet :D Still debating about interior decorating, and struggling to plan a titanic dome to go above the compass part at the cross of the building, all Florentine style, with adjoining bell tower ^_^
Wow. That's incredible

megaraccoon

Dec 7, 2010
currently working on the crenellations of my ultimate castle while also planning the 60ft statue to fallout new vegas' vulpes inculta from ceaser's legion, speaking of which i must make towers large enough to hold roman, scorpion siege engines and catapults and mangonels and pots of oil, burning of course... and maybe some form of greek fire throwing weapon? hmmm
decisions decisions

Whoolpurse

Jul 14, 2008
A hundred times hundred square stone castle, ten stories with a overhead tunnel leading to my dig site. I've spend 6 hours on it and I'm not even done with the first floor..

'The Eel'

Sep 13, 2008
a fortress 211 meters across, with 76 5x5 towers up to the height limit, an extensive system of 3x2 tunnels running underneath it (and connecting to the foundations of the towers at their ends), skyways leading from the central building to the 30 meter high, 5 meter wide walls, and a 17-story underground storeroom.

Currently digging the foundation for the main building... this is going to take a while

Anchupom

In it for the Pub Club cookies
Apr 15, 2009
ClassicJokester said:
Gathering all the wood to rebuild this:

Elysium, the tree city that was lost to a map reset on our old SMP server.
How much damage will Flint and Iron cause that in one go?

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
Underwater base, so far it has an entrance hall, a transportation hub, a living area a m ining room and to get in you go over a minecart jump off of a cliff and plummet down a glass tube.

Anchupom

Apr 15, 2009
Joe Deadman said:
Nothing too big right now i'm just trying to escape my house
I should probably build some walls around the house as well.
Also a tree farm underneath the house.
Bow and arrow?

Anchupom

Apr 15, 2009
Myself, I'm planning on making an underwater mansion with glowstone. I've spent about an hour hoarding/mining it so far and I've got 3 blocks. This might take some time.

Lord_Ascendant

Jan 14, 2008
A stone tower within a lake on a man-made island I made from sea level up. It has a lower section with a stash of chests and an upper room with paintings and one with a huge golden chair. Theres this skirt of dirt around it that has two little houses for my furnaces and workbenches. Theres a little dock outside the front gate.

GiglameshSoulEater

Jun 30, 2010
Hemlet said:
Internet Kraken said:
Hemlet said:
I'm...probably going to shamelessly copy that because that looks and sounds brilliant. How will you deal with skeletons that spawn though? Won't they shoot through the half blocks?
Yes, skeletons shoot through the blocks because they are assholes and ruin everything. It's simple enough to kill them though if you move quickly. They can't chase you and have barely any room to work with so it's a simple thing to do.

The only way I could get the skeletons to not shoot you would be to redesign the prison to use blocks that obscure sight. This defeats the purpose of the prison though. You would have to use glass, which doesn't look very good for a prison. You also couldn't put a door in, as they can see and shoot through doors.

I'm not going to let some skeletons stop me from building it though.
I've found that skeletons only shoot through doors if they're on a particular side of the door. If the door swings inward and they're on the inward side then they can shoot through, but if they're on the outward side of the door they get blocked (at least from my experience). Also glass doesn't necessarily look bad in a prison. Hell if you wanted too you could make a smaller underground section of the prison that emulates that hallway of holding cells from Hannibal. Last I checked everyone's favorite cannibal had a cell which consisted of bulletproof(?) glass and a slot that people could hand things to him with.
You can make a lattice of fence blocks that makes kinda-cell bars, or the doom texture pack makes glass prison bars....
Just some suggestions.

thingymuwatsit

May 29, 2010
kiwi_poo said:
I am currently creating a large town, with underground metro, a castle, prison, walls and a giant underground vault system.
Also it's built on an artificial island.
Oh, and it has a giant obsidian doom tower too.

it may be a bit overambitious.
All in a single-player game. Sometimes the Minecraft protagonist seems a little lonely.

Jovlo

May 12, 2008
I found a small cave in a big rock with a waterfall flowing out of it.
I've hollowed out the cave further, and made a nice home in it, complete with living room, bedroom, bathroom, loo (although the toilet is just a block of wool), library, kitchen... On top of the rock, I've built crenelations, a lookout tower and a garden with trees, flowers and a fountain.
That fountain flows over the side as a waterfall that forms a moat around my rock.
I use the original waterfall as a garbage chute.

In the future I plan to turn the desert around my rock into lush green farmland.
It's great to see it all evolve like that.

Valkyrie101

May 17, 2010
I'm building a castle. I've finished the keep, and I've taken a break to gather more resources and try out a few new smaller things, like a sugar plantation. The collection of random towers that I have is starting to turn into a city, very very slowly.

Daveeo

Feb 5, 2011
Currently im having a break from minecraft, but the project me and my friend was working on was to build quite a big boat.

Drummodino

Can't Stop the Bop
Jan 2, 2011
Building a underground "aquatic retreat". Basically I hollowed out a large room and I have fountains, pools, waterfalls and a lava powered hot tub. Large fireplaces provide light and I have an office behind a waterfall wall - entrance and exit are hidden and one way, the flow of water pushes you.

Am planning to expand up and down - have to level a large hill above and harness a huge natural cavern I've cleared out beneath.