Your Favorite Game opening/intro

TitanAtlas

Oct 14, 2010
Ahem... the best two for me are:

Final Fantasy 8, intro;

And the good old Half Life 2 intro..

One is epic and encouraging, and the other is simple and self-explenatory, has well has powerfull and interesting.

But no matter how hard you try... you can never defeat...

...the Soul Reaver...

Dafttechno

May 19, 2010
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker. Someone already mentioned it, but here's a video link to add to it

Bleedingskye

Mar 19, 2011
Vault Girl said:
Bioshock without a doubt is the best intro i've seen, awe-inspiring and powerful then straight in to the action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgDEh3UN404 - Bioshock Intro

Fallout 3, Being born is one of the weirdest openings I've ever played.
I have to agree, I was nearly blown away with Bioshock even after seeing the teasers before I actually got the game...still amazing.
Also dug Fallout 3 intro...i consider the whole fallout shelter stuff the intro, which I think was pretty unique and awesome

I'm gunna have to add Halo 3 to this cause I got all sorts of jacked up when it started.

DasUberCow

May 26, 2009
Iwata said:
All three Killzones have, in my opinion, the best intros in gaming.
True. The opening cutscenes are a testament to how awesome the back-story really is in those games. Shame the execution of in game story was a bit meh.

For me every MGS game opening scene is very memorable and well executed.

tomzu

May 22, 2010
just awesome http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shIHWmrkYU4&feature=related

DaMan1500

Jul 10, 2009
I'm not sure if this counts as the opening to Call of Duty 4, since it's after the tutorial and first mission, but it's where they show the opening credits, so why not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-nFum6KABM&feature=player_embedded#at=105

Lord_Jaroh

Ad-Free Finally!
Apr 24, 2007

Still better than every other Soul Calibur intro ever. I want an HD remake of this game dammit, just for the intro...

ParadoxHunter

May 12, 2011
I thought the intro to Oblivion was pretty cool. It makes you think it's just going to be your standard fantasy game, going through linear corridors and trudging through boring lifeless forsets, and then you exit the sewers, and the game literally just goes "Well, as you can see, this world is huge, and it is fully explorable. You still want to do those linear corridors?"

I think I can guess how many people opted for the latter choice...

Gravy Boat Gary

Apr 13, 2011
I love the intro sequences from Bioshock, the descent into Rapture; Andrew Ryan's little speech "Is a man not entitled to the sweet on his brow?" and having Rapture reviled to you for the first time, pretty awesome. I've always like the intro to Max Payne, it was pretty good for it's time.

Wicky_42

Sep 15, 2008
Steven Biehler said:
what is your favorite video game opening/intro mine comes from a little game from the ps1 called Roll-cage Stage II. It was a futuristic racing game with a boat load of weapons one of which if used while powered up (get same weapon while having one in 1 of 2 weapon slots) would jump you ahead TWO places. Another one would if it connected (and did not back fire from over charging) would freeze a car for about 6-8 seconds.
Here is the intro

Good God I Loved THIS GAME!!!!
sadly a sequel was never made. :(
Holy shit, I got a free copy of Rollcage with some bit of computer hardware (sound card??) years ago, it freaking ROCKED :D So much destructible scenery, ridiculous tracks,invertible cars, tough AI - man, it was awesome. Like G-Force, but more wild and awesome.

PS - that's how you embed youtube ;)
Sixcess said:
C&C: Red Alert

If I ever become President I'll insist on this music being played every time I entered the situation room.
Gonna have to second that - Hell March is the tune I used to use to clear my head if any unwanted music started to stick around :D

My contribution? Halo 1 was a phenomenon. Loved it soooo much, and the opening cinematic was great for getting you pumped, especially when it was cutting edge graphics :D

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Kingdom Hearts, for some reason invokes an emotional response from me. More so than any other opening cinematic I've ever watched. Clutch in the chest, lump in the throat...

Fbuh

Feb 3, 2009
Calcium said:
The Fable 3 intro was pretty good. No, scratch that. Very good. It instantly came to mind.

Basically it involved a chicken in a slapstick escape attempt while Judi Dench narrated about rebellions and such.
THat's not Judi Dench. It's Zoe Wanamaker. She played Madam Hooch in Harry Potter. TEHy do sound similar, though.

My favorite is Chrono Cross. A little outdated, but that song gets me everytime.

Nudu

Jun 1, 2011
There are probably better ones out there, but one that springs to mind is Brütal Legend. It has Jack Black in it.