Your favorite rule of combat.

mitchell271

Sep 3, 2010
spartan231490 said:
This is a quote, it's a bit long winded, but bear with me.
"It means only one thing, and everything: cut. Once committed to fight, cut. Everything else is secondary. Cut. That is your duty, your purpose, your hunger. There is no rule more important, no commitment that overrides that one. Cut.

"The lines are a portrayal of the dance. Cut from the void, not from bewilderment. Cut the enemy as quickly and directly as possible. Cut with certainty. Cut decisively, resolutely. Cut into his strength. Flow through the gaps in his guard. Cut him. Cut him down utterly. Don't allow him a breath. Crush Him. Cut him without mercy to the depths of his spirit.

"It is the balance to life: death. )t is the dance with death."
~Sword of Truth (Temple of the Winds)

He's talking about a symbolic pendant, btw.
ironically, that is when the series started to suck

OT: stay out of the tanks. literally every weapon (except small arms) are made to destroy armored vehicles

M0rp43vs

Most Refined Escapist
Jul 4, 2008
Redingold said:
Rule One: Do not act incautiously when confronting little bald wrinkly smiling men.

There'll be some extras momos in your thukpa if you get that reference.
Yes, for those who doubt this rule go see Lu-tze. Do I get what ever that is you were talking about.
Also rule 19:"remember rule 1 and ask yourself why it was created in the first place"

OT:If a cause is worth dying for, wouldn't it be worth much more living for?

(Not war but general fighting)Outside the sparring ring there is no such thing as a fair fight. No such thing as honour. Pragmatism rules. When in doubt run away. There is no honour in dying and no shame in living another day. Above all, when you can, Break your opponent. An attack on you is an attack on your life. Knock him down, make sure he doesn't get up again. He get's up he may get a lucky shot. There is no such thing as a low blow only a vital target

SuperSuperSuperGuy

Jun 19, 2010
If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little more about fighting than you do, pal, 'cuz he invented it!

On a more serious note, I particularly like the 9th of the Thirty-Six Stratagems: "Watch the fires burning across the river" or something to that effect, depending on the translation. It basically means to stay out of battle until your opponents are tired from fighting amongst themselves, then head in and take them out while they're weak. This strategy has won me multiple Smash Bros. games in the past.

Purkki

Apr 4, 2010
Duck, spray from cover, duck, spray from cover, duck, spray from cover. That should do it.

KedynCrow

Sep 23, 2009
A corollary to "If it bleeds, we can kill it."

If it doesn't bleed, we can kill it with FIRE.

Another personal favorite: Organized panicking does not constitute a plan of action. Nor does the substitution of enthusiasm for accuracy. Or anything including the words, "...and hope they miss a lot."

Taham

Mar 31, 2011
TheIronRuler said "The point in a war isn't dying for your country, but making the other bastard in front of you die for his country."
I have to agree.

Akytalusia

Nov 11, 2010
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. - Sun Tzu.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
Another one,

"Honor in combat is a lie, purpetuated by your enemy. There is no honorable way to fight a war; there are morals to keep in mind, whether you chose to abide or ignore them is your choice, but do not fool yourself into think there is honor. To fight honorably is to leave yourself open for the enemy. When you are challenged to a dual to the death, kill the other man as soon as the chance peresnts itself, for he will do the same to you. Honor is a word made-up for those who do not need to fight, and for those who lead those that do fight. There are many things you can choose to fight for, but never fight for honor, as it is a hollow victory."
-Anonymous​

TL;DR- Fuck Honor, Fight to win!

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
Redingold said:
Rule One: Do not act incautiously when confronting little bald wrinkly smiling men.

Wise words Sweeper.

OT - "God is not on the side of the biggest battalions, but of the best shots." - Voltaire.
The irony being that Napoleon discredited rifles for his skirmishers, saying that the extra range and accuracy was negated by the much longer reload time. The British, Portuguese and Prussians disagreed with that.

Redingold

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Mar 28, 2009
Blunderboy said:
Redingold said:

Wise words Sweeper.
M0rp43vs said:
Yes, for those who doubt this rule go see Lu-tze. Do I get what ever that is you were talking about.
Also rule 19: "remember rule 1 and ask yourself why it was created in the first place"
Well done. Here, have some momos.

I have no frikking clue what momos are.

EDIT: According to Wikipedia, they're a kind of dumpling served in some Himalayan countries. A thukpa is a Tibetan noodle soup.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
No teabaging what so ever! Someone out there in the battlefield will have the urge to do it for some bizzare reason.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
that there are no rules in large scale. Napalm the hell out of that tiny village, I dont care, we'll send them a message damnit, even if I have to level that entire scrap of land you say you "own".

in private duels, it is your honor above your life.