Your greatest NEVER AGAIN achievement?

Captain-Giggles

May 21, 2008
JoJoDeathunter said:
Completing the national pokedex on Pokemon Platinum, I only did it because I had a whole months holiday in Canada where we were driving for a couple of hours a day and I had little else to do during those long camper-van journeys so I did the whole pokedex, except a few unrequired mystery-event pokemon like Arceus. Considering how long it took my, I doubt I'm going to do it again but as a pokemon fan it's nice to say I've done it once! (Damm new 5th gen pokemon, loads more to catch! :)
I played through FireRed, Sapphire, Colloseum and Gale of Darkness again just to complete my pokedex, I'm now working on having one of every pokemon in my computer so it'll be easier to complete it again in Black/White.

vivalahelvig

Jun 4, 2009
gamerguy473 said:
vivalahelvig said:
Playing MW2 singleplayer was one of the most rage inducing things, because those mother fucking enemies kept fucking meleeing you, and your already really fucking hurt...so you die instantly, BULLSHIT.
Plus the AI si a bunch of SUPER GENIUSES! They can see through walls and know instantly where you are so as soon as you round a corner there's a firing squad of 58 people with their guns all trained on you're exact location. But I still beat it on veteran.

OT: The Favela level was Hell.
i played it on EASY, but i just started playing xbox (ps1 and pc player).
but that fucking melee was so fucking annoying...favela was evil, i died like more than 20 times.

About 115 Ninjas

Aug 13, 2009
Guardin' Gnome for L4D2. It was pretty hard, especially because I ended up having to do the achievement with a bunch of strangers.

Browbeat

Jul 21, 2009
CpnBeef said:
L4D, Zombie Genocidest. It turned a game i love into a monotonous drag so much that i havnt been able to enjoy it or L4D2... :(
Upping the ante, Dead Rising's own Zombie Genocider... 53,000+ dead-again bodies later, the reward is pretty sweet (the REAL Mega Blaster), but grinding to get there was hardly amusing. L4D may have turned into a slog, but it was a slog of unrelenting automatic weapons fire and boomer bile. DR's weapon of choice turned out to be a sedan - confined to narrow parking garage hallways.

PurpleLeafRave

Hyaaaa!
Feb 22, 2009
Modern Warfare on Veteran was easy. COD 4 on the other hand...

"No Fighting in the War Room" and the Ferris wheel level. *shudder*
I had to get a friend to do the last part of No Fighting in the War Room, because I raged so much. I did most of it and almost died (in real life not the game).

He's stalking me, so he'll probably reply in a minute...

Purplefood1

Jun 5, 2010
isawdrones said:
L4D(2) on expert. Gah... I'm still recovering from the RAGE.
Completly understand you here me and 3 friends were doing it and to cope every 3rd fail we would shoot the crap out of each other for funsies.

Dr. Feelgood

Jul 13, 2010
The Furbinator said:
Dr. Feelgood said:
Captain Pancake said:
Attaining all the veteran achievements on Modern Warfare 2. On that difficulty it turned a 5 hour game into a 10 hour one. Trying to complete the last part of contingency in only a minute and a half was the worst.
You should have played Call of Duty 4 on Veteran, man did that suck.

OT: The hardest achievement I got was "What are you trying to prove?" in Left 4 Dead... frickin' expert difficulty.
COD4? COD FOUR? Did you men never do COD5 veteran? It made the modern warfare veteran campaigns feel like something for mentally handicapped carebears, never, ever again would I do that campaign.
Actually that was a typo, thanks. :D

Berserker119

Dec 31, 2009
Theron Julius said:
The Annual achievement in Halo 3. You have to get through the last level on the highest difficulty with 3 other retards constantly taking all the supplies and dying with a skull that forces you the go to the last check point every time someone dies. Additionally you have to complete the warthog run (a race across collapsing platforms) on single person ghosts. Not fucking fun, god damn it!
I've done it three times now, to help friends, and it gets better if you do it more or if you have people that know what they're doing. The first time took me 3 hours, the second took me 2 and a half and the third took me 1.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
i dont grind achievements, but the one i remember most and probably wont ever achieve again is the "What the?!" achievement in COD4:MW

shooting through 2 walls into an explosive and killing the man that planted the explosive. Still remember vividly how it happened! i was down stairs saw a dude run pass the door way upstairs, Shot through the stairs and doorframe and blew up the claymore he just placed by the door! Most Epic Achievement ever! XD

Standby

Jul 24, 2008
MrShowerHead said:
Little Rocket Man

Why did I even do that? Just to get 30 GS? 30GS?!
This, oh God this.

In addition to the Unlimited Setlist 2, starting at 10 in the evening was not a good decision wither with hindsight.

capin Rob

Apr 2, 2010
The one for ODST where you have to go through and few sets on legendary.

Or Mile High club for COD:4

bak00777

Oct 3, 2009
supertoast099 said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Never again do I want to hunt all the Bobbleheads in Fallout 3.
I just used the Fallout wiki.

OT: Getting a $5000 dollar bounty on RDR. I simply lack the will.
that $5000 bounty is rather easy, once u get to blackwater go to a roof and pick people off, or as i did it, just run around the countryside shooting random people, or take over a small town for a while then let them all respawn and repeat.

HassEsser

Jul 31, 2009
isawdrones said:
L4D(2) on expert. Gah... I'm still recovering from the RAGE.
It's not that hard on PC :/

OP: One might say "MW2 on Veteran, man, how hard was that?" But I can't agree. I beat it in one day on Veteran and I died about 3 times.

Was it worth it? Was rebeating the worst game of all time on the hardest difficulty worth a bronze? No

pejhmon

Mar 2, 2010
About 115 Ninjas said:
Guardin' Gnome for L4D2. It was pretty hard, especially because I ended up having to do the achievement with a bunch of strangers.
Me and my friend tried to do that in the "Last Gnome on Earth" mutation with 2 bots, funny shit xD. The annoying part is the lvl 4 running horde, man that horde is HARD (hardest part of the game) although with the gnome(s) you can just throw them over the fence earlier on, skipping most of that horde. It made "Still something to prove" that bit more impossible (although other than that (with the right group) that wasn't too bad an achievement, I soloed dead centre, the parish and the passing since bots cover you well provided you take it fairly slowly and don't get pounced :p)