Your name

Asuka Soryu

Jun 11, 2010
Nah, you're name's not dumb. I've never had anyone mispronounce my name, but one person misheard it. That's about it.

Berenzen

Jul 9, 2011
Not giving my first name, but my surname is Goss and it's given me issues before. I've seen it misspelled Gross, Gass(this is probably the closest, as it is pronounced like this, it's a gaelic name), Gauss, Gas, etc.
And I've been teased because of my surname

The name Liam though, it's a good solid name, and honestly, just ignore the people that make fun of your name, if teachers mispronounce your name, kindly correct them, and if they are the ones who tease you about it, you have solid grounds to get them infracted and possibly fired. As for other children, get yourself a good circle of friends, it doesn't need to be large, and ignore the rest, they don't matter and honestly, once you graduate high school, no one gives a fuck what your name is.

In summary, just ignore those who insult your name, they don't matter and they never will.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
Ashley.

I'm a guy.

I'm that awesome.
It is awesome. There seems to be a trend here...
See, I met a Meteorology professor named Walker-Ashley (he preferred his first and middle name), and he studies LIGHTNING for a living.

My name and life is pretty damn boring in comparison, though my last name means "Spark".

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
Ashley.

I'm a guy.

I'm that awesome.

(Although Americans seem to think it's a chick name for some reason).

Incidently, I have friend named Liam, and he's had the same problems with Americans who can't seem to pronounce it correctly.
If we need someone to kill the Evil Dead, we'll give you a call.

I'm John, which means I'm either saving the galaxy with biotics, powered armor, or riding around the old west.

Mauso88

A Simply Dignified Manly Man.
Feb 3, 2011
My name is Liam and I have never had any problem with it. I have one friend who calls me Lee, but I let her cause she's a good friend. I have friends who have called me Leanne in the past, just in banter though. I live in England though, so it's a somewhat common name nowadays.

Now I'm going to stop saying my own name over and over again, because the uncanny valley is setting in. :>

megamabu

Mar 2, 2011
I don't think Liam is a hard to pronounce name at all, anyways my name's Hunter, I think its a pretty cool name and I know that because a girl once said that my name was so cool that she wish she had it and to me if that doesn't scream "What an awesome name" then I don't know what. :3

CannibalCorpses

Aug 21, 2011
My surname is Taffinder and everybody calls me Taff for short (no i don't shag sheep but they do bleat worriedly when i walk past). When i was at school i was a fat bastard and people thought my name was fat backwards lol. Thick bastards ;o)

Liam is a fine name but if it's giving you grief you need a nickname dude

Blueruler182

May 21, 2010
My last name's Macri (Mac-ree). I get called Merci online all the time, or Marci (mar-see), and I used to get called Macaroni a lot. Learned to stop caring when I noticed the people doing it furking up so royally.

And if you think your teacher's bad, my old socials teacher used to only know me as the username I'd play Call of Duty with on the tech lab computers after school. He tried calling me out on being a nerd once when I was mocking the production qualities of an educational comic and I got to use that on him, so I guess it wasn't all bad.

Venereus

May 9, 2010
You should totally send Liam Neeson an e-mail telling him about this and asking if he had similar problems and how he handled them. I'd be cool even if he didn't and just makes something up to make you feel better.

micky

Apr 27, 2009
i like that name, my friends dads name is Liam. i like my name, Macneal its pretty original

StellarViking

Apr 10, 2011
SckizoBoy said:
RedxDecember said:
Huh, well let's do the rundown shall we?

One of my best mates is called Liam (but that's sort of beside my point).

Anyway, Liam - diminutive of William, otherwise translated/transliterated/derived as: Will; Wilhelm; Guillaume; Guy; Willem; Guillermo etc. etc. For pretty much all of those names, history chucks up a shed load of badasses, and there're a fair few famous 'Liams' anyway (as people have mentioned Mr Neeson), so don't bother if people mock your name, it's always baseless.

My name: Aidan... not many of them around, at least not Chinese ones, anyway...(!)
Really? I used to live on the East Coast and every two-year-old running around was an Aiden/Aidan/Aidin/even an Aidon.

My name is Tyler. When I was growing up, I was the only one I knew. Not anymore. Mr. Chinese Aidan, please treasure your name before you're surrounded by them.

JasonKaotic

Mar 18, 2009
Really? Liam isn't that rare a name. I know at least three people called Liam. Try not to let them get to you, if they think your name's odd then they're really, really... different. Let's say different.

And my name's Jason, so not really. It's a boring name but I haven't had anything for it.
Some immature little shits called me Gayson a while back, but that's hardly anything serious.

That's Funny

Jul 20, 2009
Liam is a good name, and there is nothing wrong with it at all.

I don't get much flak for my name though. Turns out Edward is quite hard to take the micky out of, that and I will uppercut them immediatly if they do. I have had people spell it wrong though.

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
Liam is actually a pretty nice name.

My name is Wyatt, and I've been teased quite a bit because of it, the most common joke among my friends being "Why it? Wyatt".

And usually when I tell people my name the first thing they say is "Oh, like Wyatt Earp?"

Silent Anima

Jun 2, 2011
You're name is pretty cool. ^-^ I'm friends with a Liam. My name is easy to pronounce, or it should be. Ethan Spalinger. I'm actually quite amazed at how many people mispronounce Spalinger. -_-

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
Shelby is an ordinary name so I never have to deal with that. The only thing I hate about my name is how my parents chose it. They decided to name me after a car. I'm just thankful they didn't give me one of the stripper sounding ones.