"You're screwed" moments

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
The Wykydtron said:
Maybe it's just the Solo Unranked-ness talking but why is every enemy Yi a complete boss yet our Yi is just complete fail all the way through the game?
I KNOW RIGHT!?
It seems like every Yi I verse knows exactly when to come in a clean up in team fights but whenever there is one on my team, he just charges in thinking he can be the hero, gets stunned, and then dies.

Rikomag132

Dec 26, 2011
I was playing World of Warcraft, and we were like 10 level 85s who thought it would be a brilliant idea to do an old raid.

Everyone was fine until we got to the multiple face bastard thing (it's been a while since I've played the game). The thing about this multiple face bastard was the fact that he lowered your max mana over time (which I failed to notice until I could no longer cast my most powerful, emergency healing spell). He also did whatever damage you did to him as damage to you, which caused our enhancement shaman to kill himself almost instantly with his damn whirlwind thing (yeah, it's been a really long time).

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
Rikomag132 said:
I was playing World of Warcraft, and we were like 10 level 85s who thought it would be a brilliant idea to do an old raid.

Everyone was fine until we got to the multiple face bastard thing (it's been a while since I've played the game). The thing about this multiple face bastard was the fact that he lowered your max mana over time (which I failed to notice until I could no longer cast my most powerful, emergency healing spell). He also did whatever damage you did to him as damage to you, which caused our enhancement shaman to kill himself almost instantly with his damn whirlwind thing (yeah, it's been a really long time).
Reliquary of Souls.

And my old raid guild I used to be in in those times was screwed any evening I couldn't make it for that boss because I was apparently the only rogue who could tank the enrage in P1 and interrupt in P2 properly.

Astoria

Oct 25, 2010
Well I was just strolling around the Mojave desert minding my own business when out of nowhere a giant radscorpion started attacking me. Took it out pretty easy before turning to see another two attacking me. No big deal got ready to kill them two when I see another THREE not too far off in the distance and yet another one off to my right. Instead of even bothering to take on six radscorpions I ran for it only to end up running right into that cove thing where all the deathclaws are. I think it goes without saying that I died.

WaReloaded

Jan 20, 2011
I've had plenty of those moments in World of Warcraft and they all involved a Mage (in patch 4.3, because prior to Cataclysm Mages were a joke in PVP)...

Ghaleon640

Jan 13, 2011
Definatly league of legends as already mentioned. And Fire emblem sacred stones. When I know I've made that dumb mistake and noone is in a position to fix it.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
distortedreality said:
Vault101 said:
ME3 towards the end...

HOW MANY BANSHEES??!! seriosuly how many??!
The end run on Tuchanka......so, SO FREAKIN' PAINFUL.
the thing I remember most about Tuchunka was the Brutes....granted now they dont seem to be as mouch trouble for me, but at the time I abandoned any thourght of fight them and just RAN

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Sarge034 said:
The beginning of ME2. I mean, you die... I actually said, "Well... I'm boned" when Shep got spaced. Then I got mad, really really mad.

And I forgave it.
mad because you thourght there was sotmhing you were suposed to do to NOT die..that you missed

or mad because you actually thourght they had killed off the main charachter and were going to give you another player charachter

Mass Effect 2....play as intrepid war Correspndant Diana/Daniel Allers!

skywolfblue

Jul 17, 2011
ME3 Multiplayer: Hack the Objective, more then one banshee is on the field, nobody has missiles. (Most of the matches I play I seem to be the only one using missiles, everyone else is squeamish about using them it seems)

Dead Space 1: Fighting the Leviathan for the first time with virtually no Ammo. I managed to suck so much I'd been barely scraping along killing the regular necromorphs. I was all out of money to buy any more. That fight is haaaaaaard without ammo.

Trippy Turtle

Elite Member
May 10, 2010

I feel bad for this guy.
Otherwise the worst feeling ever is when you trip and are on the way to the ground.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
poisonedcon said:
Vault101 said:
ME3 towards the end...

HOW MANY BANSHEES??!! seriosuly how many??!
D: at least an hour of restarting that mission, pain felt.
the thing is it seems that shepard herself is thinking the exact same thing

I think she said somthing before a "wave....you can hear the "oh god WHY?!" in her voice

[i/]Ok people.....we can DO this[/i]

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
That feeling of cold dread you get when you realise you didn't line up that jump properly, and you can only watch helplessly as Mario sails through the air and down into the bottomless pit below.

When you just scraped through a boss battle, used up all your healing items and are on your last legs, but you did it! ... And then the fight moves into stage two.

Glover09

Jun 19, 2009
Warship gunner 2, three seperate missions, all while working back east.
1. In a recommended ship, fast and "tough" cruiser. Thirty missiles later, try mission again. Damn.
2. Using a battleship that would embarrass the US Navy in firepower. Forty CLUSTER missiles later, retry three times. Finally change tactics and just sqeak by, maybe. Jesus, this one sucked.
3. The final mission is bad, but if you play through again there's a nasty surprise. The true final boss. Two words, uberweapon Ragnarok. A ship that LOOKS alien, and fires black instant death spheres of energy. My god, I had to change EVERYTHING I though I knew.

Kingdom Hearts 2, Xaldin and Final Xemnas.
Xaldin fight-I thank Christ that Square Enix decided that changing into forms restored health. I think this fight is broken, but I really couldn't figure out the best way to beat him.
Xemnas final battle- actually the final phase of the final battle. Take a guess? Yep, the laser beam hell. I had maybe 20 HP, then that came. I thought the reaction command would help, and it did....for three shots despite me spamming the damned thing.

Deadyawn

Jan 25, 2011
Walking around in the dark with only matches to light my way and suddenly...

"It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a Grue."
Shit.

Also in X-COM whenever you send a guy to scout forward ahead just a bit. They get shot at but survive. Only, you have them turn to look at who shot and they can't see them so you have them move forward till they can at which point you realise they don't have enough time units to actually shoot. Or get away.
Happens all the goddamn time and it really sucks.

Zack Alklazaris

Oct 6, 2011
It depends how many times it happens. Usually I seek cover and go down fighting. The best part is when you see what IS an impossible conflict heading towards you and some how at the end of it all you come out on top.

Video games are meant to be challenging, but not impossible, so when something like that happens where it wasn't intended for you to survive based on your current level, weapon, armor, etc it just makes you feel all kinds of good.

Spineyguy

Apr 14, 2009
When you're playing Space marine and you find yourself in the path of a Chaos Dreadnought.

'I'm not going to be able to hide from this one.'