"You're screwed" moments

Zeema

The Furry Gamer
Jun 29, 2010
Binding of Issac, i had 1 heart and fighting 'a Boss' and i didn't think i would survive but then

i died

Schaaka

Feb 17, 2009
Me and my friend got into a D1 kick "Lets install this old game and beat it two players!".
Aside from the lack of 'conveniences' that D2 has the general hardcoreness of D1 (we found out the hard way that D1 had friendly fire - something we both seem to have forgotten).
Strapping for potions, items and magic, in all of the cathedral, before we turn every corner it was a "Oh shit, can we survive this next fight?" but we managed to endure to the catacombs.

Where we descended the stony steps, seeing nothing but darkness ahead and feeling confident we strode forward. Out from the shadows charged at least thirty plus goatmen in their stun-locking glory. Prior, I was being pretty conservative with my lighting spell since I would accidentally hit my melee friend but seeing all them goatmen surround my hapless companion, I said to my self "Ha, your screwed" and lite that dank dungeon up so fast and hard.

I did get a fancy ear though.

Robert Ewing

Mar 2, 2011
World of Warcraft. Just stepped in to fight Onyxia for the first time. Second we all get in. Insta kill 14 of us. Those 14 happen to be 99% of our healers.

It was a massacre.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
The Wykydtron said:
League of Legends, late game. Everything seems to be going well, oh looks like a team fight is just starti-

"ACED!"

Well, gg guys. You have an entire minute to push the weakest lane with your whole team. See ya later fuckers!

Maybe it's just the Solo Unranked-ness talking but why is every enemy Yi a complete boss yet our Yi is just complete fail all the way through the game?
I know that feeling all too well.
So I am seconding... wait three pages of replies...
I am twentying this one.

Right Hook

May 29, 2011
Left 4 Dead. On the rooftop of No Mercy, waiting for the helicopter, things are going pretty good, using the defensive weapons at a nice, even interval. A tank zombie shows up, I dispatch it with my machine gun. Literally two seconds later another tank shows up, you have got to be kidding me! My team starts to go down, one after the other. I look around and see another tank. I get up onto a high point and can see at least two additional tanks, four tanks, wtf! I start blowing up propane tanks and setting the lower areas of the roof on fire with gas cans, just gotta keep moving, the chopper is almost here.

By now I've lost count of how many tank zombies are on the roof, my whole team is down and I have literally nothing in the way of weapons, health or pickup items, it's just my pistol. As I run to where the chopper will show up, a tank finally runs me off the roof, the camera pulls out to show the rooftop as the chopper arrives, there are about thirty tanks on the roof. Not sure if the AI director is actually allowed to do this or this was some insane glitch.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
Sean Hollyman said:
Being the last man standing in any multiplayer gametype..
It's even worse in a game type where there isn't supposed to be a last man standing.

Sarge034

Feb 24, 2011
Vault101 said:
Sarge034 said:
The beginning of ME2. I mean, you die... I actually said, "Well... I'm boned" when Shep got spaced. Then I got mad, really really mad.

And I forgave it.
mad because you thourght there was sotmhing you were suposed to do to NOT die..that you missed

or mad because you actually thourght they had killed off the main charachter and were going to give you another player charachter

Mass Effect 2....play as intrepid war Correspndant Diana/Daniel Allers!
Option #2 nailed it. I thought they were "discontinuing" my Shep's story. I worked hard to role play that character dag on it!

"Mass Effect 2....play as intrepid war Correspndant Diana/Daniel Allers!"

Are you suggesting that Bioware should have killed the series in the beginning of ME2 instead of in the last 15 minutes of ME3?!?!?!?!?

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Sarge034 said:
Option #2 nailed it. I thought they were "discontinuing" my Shep's story. I worked hard to role play that character dag on it!

"Mass Effect 2....play as intrepid war Correspndant Diana/Daniel Allers!"

Are you suggesting that Bioware should have killed the series in the beginning of ME2 instead of in the last 15 minutes of ME3?!?!?!?!?

HAHAHA...especially funny if you spent hours upon hours crafting the perfect face

but seriously they would have never done that...if they did it would have been a bold move, but I mean shepards the face of the series...

I think playing as war correspondant Allers would be cool! provided she leanrs to emote

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
Battlefield 3 on the console gets especially hectic when their's enough tanks for the entire enemy team to jump on.

There's not much else that's disheartening as seeing 3 tanks approaching you from all different angles.

Sarge034

Feb 24, 2011
Vault101 said:
HAHAHA...especially funny if you spent hours upon hours crafting the perfect face

but seriously they would have never done that...if they did it would have been a bold move, but I mean shepards the face of the series...

I think playing as war correspondant Allers would be cool! provided she leanrs to emote
I made a quick face that felt right in ME1. I did however spend some time in ME2 tweaking the face and a large chunk of time in ME3 getting the face right. Why u no work face importer?

I know Shep is the face of the series, but it was my first ME2 play through and he died. I was hurt and confused...

And I think uncanny-valley Allers should have never happened. Perhaps we could have gotten a better ending if Bioware had not spent so much time and money (poorly) rendering Chobot into the game.

Jolly Co-operator

A Heavy Sword
Mar 10, 2012
Dark Souls. Especially the early part of your first run through, when you don't know what to expect.

A few cliche skeleton soldiers? Pfft, easy. Hiyah! *Jump attack like a boss*. There, that wasn't so bad. Ha ha, the bones collapsed back into a pile. Why did everyone say this game was so hard? Wait, why are they getting back up? Why are there more of them? Ok, they're overwhelming my stamina gauge when I try to guard, this is getting kinda tricky. I think I'll just run away deeper into the cemetery and grab the loot, at least I'll get to keep that when I die. What a clever plan . . . HOLY SHIT, GIANT SKELETON!!

And then I die . . . again, and again, and again :'(

Eveonline100

Feb 20, 2011
Aerosteam 1908 said:
You're in first place and about to win the race... then you hear that dreaded alarming noise that indicates a spiny (blue) shell is heading straight at you. When that happens, you might as well retire from the race because you're pretty much in last place for the rest of the race.
Great JPG and yeah i'm totally with ya their.

Doneeee

Dec 27, 2011
I was playing Resident Evil 2 I had no herbs, a pistol with 2 rounds, and a hallway full of zombies beyond the room I was trapped in. Plus I hadn't saved in about an hour. I miss good old survival horror... :(

bird of hermes

Jan 4, 2011
Space Marine, when you're stunlocked as a Raptor/Assault Marine by a Huge Slugga Nob in Exterminatus. You can do nothing unless one of your teammates distracts it somehow. Also when the Orks' Deff Dreads come out, accompanied by 'Ard Boyz and Scarboyz to drag you out of cover and you only have a chainsword, bolt pistol, and grenades. And Loyalist/Traitor Astartes running around with thunder hammers. If anyone knows how to deal with these guys (effectively) as a Raptor/Assault, I'd love to hear tips, lol.

However, I have survived situations where I thought I'd be screwed. I've been surrounded by lots of dudes in Seize Ground who somehow didn't quite manage to kill me. They, of course, ended up dead for their troubles.

217not237

Nov 9, 2011
I was replaying Metal Gear Solid 3 once when I noticed I forgot to pick up the heat-vision goggles, and I was at the Fear boss-fight. I still managed to win, though. Quicker than on my first time, actually. I guess I'm just more awesome now.

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
Pretty much every single time I get spotted in Amnesia, especially when I'm hiding in a one door room and the monster decides to see whats behind a certain door in the hallway...

Alpha Maeko

Uh oh, better get Maeko!
Apr 14, 2010
I've never fought a weapon before.

I start a battle with Ruby Weapon.

The ass handing begins.