Zelda: Skyward Sword Trailer Introduces Enigmatic Foe

Jaser

Mar 30, 2010
In my opinion, that art style is just ugly. If you're gonna have it be cartoony, then it should be cell shaded. A mix between TP and WW art styles... I just don't think it's gonna work very well.

Jenneh

Jan 27, 2011
I actually really dont like the new design. I won't mind as much if we go back to the Twilight Princessy style (which i loved) after this game, but if they are taking the Zelda series in a cartoonish direction, i dont like it.

Ailia

Nov 11, 2010
Guess I'll have to go find my Wii and dust it off... in a year or so.
As much as this has me excited, the art style bothers me. I much prefered Twilight Princess' grittier look, and Wind Waker's style was charming - mixed together, it just looks... weird.

DarkPegasus333

Mar 21, 2010
I'm excited about the new Zelda game, unfortunately all that is lost on the Wii controller. I will never own a Wii and I will forever loathe that damned controller.

crimsonshrouds

Mar 23, 2009
Wind waker was good and the graphics suited it. These graphics are just plain ugly now comparing it to twilight princess.

Theron Julius

Nov 30, 2009
Jukofux said:
Jabberwock xeno said:
He's the gilded sword personified, like how the girl is the master sword.

Or its Vaati(sp?) again.
OHMYGOD! The Gilded Sword was Vaati all along! Vaati just used you as a pawn to get Majora out of the way and advance his own schemes! MM was just a conspiracy!

crimsonshrouds

Mar 23, 2009
Setsuri21 said:
About To Crash said:
I... don't want it. I've bought Zelda games my whole gaming career, but now it's come to me realizing that I really don't want to just play more of it. I wasn't even that big of a fan of Twilight princess. I'll probably play it, but on a friend's console. I want to see Zelda go in a new direction. Regardless of that direction, they'll have huge sales, because it's Zelda, and they could explore some new gameplay feelings. Have one that's acrobatic, or more reminiscent of Steampunk designs. I'd happily debase myself for Steampunk Zelda. And geez, it would be nice for Link to have some new elements to his personality. I know it's not going to happen, I know a lot of people don't want to see it happen, but I can still plea.
But you know exactly whats going to happen when the try to give him more personality. It'll be like Other M all over again. Not as bad, perhaps, but nintendo will still be fracturing the fanbase.
To quote yahtzee. "Fans are clingy, complaining dipshits who will never ever be grateful for any concession you make."

Thats pretty much my thoughts even though im a nintendo fan who is giving up hope for nintendos future. 3DS is nintendos last shot before i jump ship without looking back.

Bon_Clay

Aug 5, 2010
I like the graphics more than Wind Waker still, but I much prefer darker styles for Zelda. Oh well.

I'm still incredibly excited for it and I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
my prediction: no new wii this year because of 3ds launch

new console released fall 2012: wii hd,
720+ graphics, 3d glasses as standard peripheral will come with the system,
commodity hardware, cheap to manufacture, cheap to develop for,
maybe the equivalent power of 360 at launch except without the burning up part

will have significant integration with 3ds, good chance of a psn equivlent for nintendo again tight integration with 3ds where if your buddy comes over and his 3ds is on it will talk to your wii and automatically have his mii available to play in your games

expect more 4 swords ish games where two to four people will play in the same room on a 3ds but the main tv hooked up to wii will show total progress and game info

WolfEdge

Oct 22, 2008
ZeroMachine said:
Think of it this way: you've just returned to home after journeying to an alternate dimension in which you fought a demon-mask with time travel, and you ended up on that dimension while searching for your fairy partner who helped you on ANOTHER journey through time to fight off someone who found the essence of the Goddesses', only to find out that you've launched yourself thousands of years into the future.

Would you be totally honest about your past when you settled back down in a new village?

I'm not calling you out or saying "OH YOU'RE FULL OF SHIT!" I'm just explaining how, with a little digging and imagination, it's easy to explain certain "contradictions" =)
It's a sound thought, until you think about a couple of things... namely, Illia is supposed to be a life-long friend to Link, which doesn't completely destroy your theory (he could've befriended her after his return). But then, I'm pretty sure the three Spirits of Light you save are under the impression Link is from Ordana, born and bred. And if anything would know Link was from another time/dimension, it would be the all-powerful light-spirits that protect and watch over Hyrule.

Personally, it's my sincere belief that Nintendo, as an entity, is the single greatest plot-troll known to man-kind

WolfEdge

Oct 22, 2008
Theron Julius said:
Jukofux said:
Jabberwock xeno said:

Or its Vaati(sp?) again.
OHMYGOD! The Gilded Sword was Vaati all along! Vaati just used you as a pawn to get Majora out of the way and advance his own schemes! MM was just a conspiracy!
OH MAH GAH! METALGEEEEEEEAAAAR!

godfist88

Dec 17, 2010
Jabberwock xeno said:

hmm... thats an interesting observation. speaking of which, have they ever shown that girl character in any of the trailers yet? is she even still part of the game?

Hydro14

Sep 23, 2010
Just for the record, I really hope that you're all right and that isn't Ganondorf. If they've got Ganondorf wearing eyeliner I think I'll break something.

Dommyboy

Jul 20, 2008
Tis great that the combat is properly utilised for the Wii.
This game may make me make a purchase is its truly good and innovative.

JaredXE

Apr 1, 2009
Wait, so the new Zelda game is going to be all gimmicky motion control crap? Well that seals it, not buying. Which is sad, I would have liked to have played it.

Jul 9, 2008
ZeroMachine said:
ZeroMachine said:
Lrbearclaw said:
Mordwyl said:
It doesn't take a genius to realise the villain is Ganon, again.
Just like Four Swords and Majora's Mask huh?
Um... if you're talking the Gamecube Four Swords... Ganon was the main villain...

Mordwyl said:
Lrbearclaw said:
Mordwyl said:
It doesn't take a genius to realise the villain is Ganon, again.
Just like Four Swords and Majora's Mask huh?
Great as they were (MM being my second favourite) they don't go in the main series.
First off, Majora's Mask is a direct sequel to Ocarina of Time, so if there were any game that would be part of the "main series", it's that.

Second of all, all normal Zelda games are part of the "main series", so I don't even understand what you're getting at.

And finally, if we're talking the "canonical" story, then there IS no "main series", at least the way I see it. You're supposed to look at all the different Zelda games and decide which fits where for yourself, what story you think makes the most sense and is the coolest.

Take me, for example. I believe that the Link in Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask is the same Link in Twilight Princess, and that upon returning to Hyrule from Termina, Link realized that all his time-fuckery had sent him over a thousand years into the future.

But, again, that's my own personal Legend. Think about it... it'd make much more sense for someone like Miyamoto to want something like that rather then some strict timeline.
I know yous said it's your own personal Legend, and power to you, but that is directly contradicted in game. Like, third line said. "Link...you've never been to Hyrule, have you?"
Think of it this way: you've just returned to home after journeying to an alternate dimension in which you fought a demon-mask with time travel, and you ended up on that dimension while searching for your fairy partner who helped you on ANOTHER journey through time to fight off someone who found the essence of the Goddesses', only to find out that you've launched yourself thousands of years into the future.

Would you be totally honest about your past when you settled back down in a new village?

I'm not calling you out or saying "OH YOU'RE FULL OF SHIT!" I'm just explaining how, with a little digging and imagination, it's easy to explain certain "contradictions" =)
Fair enough. I don't really think that clears it up (and I'd personally prefer for it not to, since that wouldn't fit into MY personal Legend), but it's your belief. I personally believe everything is a bit more straight forward.