Zero Punctuation: Aliens: Colonial Marines

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
I can't share a glitch because I wasn't one of the suckers who bought this game. I haven't taken it off my rental list yet either so I may be a sucker too.

I do have a great idea for a Blues Bros game I think I shared here once before.
Burnout Revenge: Blues Bros edition. It just sounds like chocolate & penutbutter to me: you got the cars settings and music from Blues Bros as a skin to Burnout Revenge...but with bigger crash junctions.
Anyone remember what crash junctions are?

Anti-American Eagle

HAPPENING IMMINENT
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
Canada
Funny and True story: I was right when you took Yahtzee's word on this as gospel. Atleast I know the truth about this game. Atleast I know.

MB202

Sep 14, 2008
Watching this video, I have to wonder... Does Yantzee watch any of Jim Sterling's stuff? Like, he's been going on about the Alien franchise and this game in particular for a few weeks now, so I find it weird that Yantzee would not only not mention this in his video, but called out all Alien fans by saying everything after Aliens was crap.

Zombie Sodomy

Feb 14, 2013
canadamus_prime said:
I bet it would've really sucked to have been the guy who kept getting revived only to get smacked back down again. Must've thought he was in hell or something.
I assume it went something like this:

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Zombie Sodomy said:
canadamus_prime said:
I bet it would've really sucked to have been the guy who kept getting revived only to get smacked back down again. Must've thought he was in hell or something.
I assume it went something like this:
Only instead of a cyclops it was a giant xenomorph and instead of Jesus it was a doofus with combat armour and an assault rifle, but yeah probably something like that.

exobook

Sep 28, 2011
I'm actually watching aliens for the fisrt time while I watch this, and I have to say, this is supposed to be scary? I'm having too much fun laughing at all the things I've seen before.

Dooly95

Jun 13, 2009
mjc0961 said:
Don't forget to blame SEGA, they're the biggest bastards in this entire story. They LET Gearbox jerk them around for 6 years, and then when they were handed this piece of shit to put to market, they actually put it to market to screw us over instead of canceling its release and figuring out what the hell Gearbox had been doing with all that time and money they asked for.

Fuck you, SEGA. If anyone company gets crushed and goes out of business because of this, I hope it's SEGA. As much as I hate the likes of EA or Capcom, they wouldn't be stupid enough to let this game get so far out of hand. It would have been canned long before we all wasted our $50 or $60 on it.

Hell, makes me wonder how many of those games that suddenly get canceled end up getting canceled because of shit like this.
SEGA were going to lose the Aliens license if they didn't put something out. Too bad it turned out to be shit.

Not to say SEGA's all innocent in releasing crap games... I mean, Sonic '06.

mike1921

Oct 17, 2008
mjc0961 said:
Don't forget to blame SEGA, they're the biggest bastards in this entire story. They LET Gearbox jerk them around for 6 years, and then when they were handed this piece of shit to put to market, they actually put it to market to screw us over instead of canceling its release and figuring out what the hell Gearbox had been doing with all that time and money they asked for.

Fuck you, SEGA. If anyone company gets crushed and goes out of business because of this, I hope it's SEGA. As much as I hate the likes of EA or Capcom, they wouldn't be stupid enough to let this game get so far out of hand. It would have been canned long before we all wasted our $50 or $60 on it.

Hell, makes me wonder how many of those games that suddenly get canceled end up getting canceled because of shit like this.
That's not being bastards that's being idiots. Of course they put it to market, it's a game that is obviously going to make money that probably had preordered on it. They put up the money for the game of course they're going to get whatever money out of it they can.

Yes I'm pretty sure EA would release this game.

Gearbox are still the assholes.
RedDeadFred said:
General Vengeance said:
1. I hope this crushes Gearbox, they have no integrity.
The following is a massive amount of sarcasm:

Ya lets just make a whole bunch of people lose their jobs because of decisions made that are way above them! Who cares if they need the job to feed their families, their bosses lied to us!
Businesses should fall and rise with their products. Otherwise the consumer always gets fucked. If a business is untrustworthy and does shitty things like BLATENTLY FALSE ADVERTISEMENT in the form of a demo than it should cripple them.

AlexanderPeregrine

Nov 19, 2009
serious biscuit said:
All I took away from this is that we need a Blues Brothers game.
Not only is there already a Blues Brothers game, it also came from the same developer that gifted us with such critical darlings as Dick Tracy, the Prehistorik duology, and the all-time classic, the game everybody must play at least once in their lives lest their tombstone be engraved with "wasted life": Superman on the N64.

Brainwreck

Dec 2, 2012
AvP 2 was an awesome game. AvP 2 multiplayer? Double awesome.
Everything else... well, yeah. I guess it all sucked.

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
I thought he'd do an inversion and talk about the good things in the game this week, given that everyone else on the internet shat on it. Ah well, still a great video.

General Vengeance said:
1. I hope this crushes Gearbox, they have no integrity.
2. I hope this ends people preordering games, it just encourages assholes like Gearbox to make cash grab games.
3. I hope Yahtzee starts to review good games, constantly reviewing bad games is cute and funny but its like shooting fish in a barrel.

1) Borderlands 2
2) I completely agree 3) That's why he's funny, he's a critic. He badmouths games he finds GOOD as well as the ones he finds bad.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
I say give Rebellion another shot at making another Aliens or AV game seeing as how AVP 2010 plays and looks better than the trash that is ACM.

And also Sega sue Gearbox into the ground.

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
Hey Yahtzee, here is my favorite glitch:

Apparently I swapped my weapons when I first started up the game to the shotgun and used that first before pulling out the assault rifle. Well somehow when I fired the shotgun, the sound glitched and everytime I used the shotgun, it made an alien hiss WHENEVER it fired. Even when there were no Aliens around.

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
Shadow-Phoenix said:
I say give Rebellion another shot at making another Aliens or AV game seeing as how AVP 2010 plays and looks better than the trash that is ACM.

And also Sega sue Gearbox into the ground.
Here is what they had to do to make this game good:

Take AvP 2010, remove the Predators all together AND change the title
Give the Marines Iron Sights
And there you go, you have a solid Aliens game.

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
Bindal said:
hermes200 said:
Bindal said:
Thank you for the MASSIVE Spoiler-warning in the middle of the review about Hicks. Oh, wait. THERE WAS NONE!
You are welcome.
Unless you actually paid for this thing, in which case... You had it coming.
Sorry but here, I am peed off out of princible. If Yathzee reveals such a huge part of the plot (and pretty big twist in the canon), then yes, I expect a freaking spoiler warning. It doesn't matter how good or bad the game is - it is still wrong to do.
You do realize this game is not part of the cannon, right? FOX distanciate themselves as far as they could of this turd (who can blame them?) even before it was revealed to be that bad. In fact, it is exactly the point Yatzhee makes: that by bringing back a character that was established to be dead in Alien 3, they reduced the story of A:CM to the level of fan fiction, where they can retell the cannon to include the characters they like...
Bindal said:
geier said:
One bad game ?
Have you allready forgotten THE DUKE ?
Hardly their game - they just did about 10% of it as the game when they got it was more or less finished. You can't blame them for that.
Which is exactly what they are doing to justify this game. Blame TimeGate and Sega about the status of the game...

Do you see a pattern there? Because it makes me doubt the excuses they give to Duke Nukem. It seems the blame game is the best game Pitchford knows how to play...

Bindal

May 14, 2012
hermes200 said:
Bindal said:
hermes200 said:
Bindal said:
Thank you for the MASSIVE Spoiler-warning in the middle of the review about Hicks. Oh, wait. THERE WAS NONE!
You are welcome.
Unless you actually paid for this thing, in which case... You had it coming.
Sorry but here, I am peed off out of princible. If Yathzee reveals such a huge part of the plot (and pretty big twist in the canon), then yes, I expect a freaking spoiler warning. It doesn't matter how good or bad the game is - it is still wrong to do.
You do realize this game is not part of the cannon, right? FOX distanciate themselves as far as they could of this turd (who can blame them?) even before it was revealed to be that bad. In fact, it is exactly the point Yatzhee makes: that by bringing back a character that was established to be dead in Alien 3, they reduced the story of A:CM to the level of fan fiction, where they can retell the cannon to include the characters they like...
Bindal said:
geier said:
One bad game ?
Have you allready forgotten THE DUKE ?
Hardly their game - they just did about 10% of it as the game when they got it was more or less finished. You can't blame them for that.
Which is exactly what they are doing to justify this game. Blame TimeGate and Sega about the status of the game...

Do you see a pattern there? Because it makes me doubt the excuses they give to Duke Nukem. It seems the blame game is the best game Pitchford knows how to play...
1 - No, it is canon. Deal with it. Was stated a billion times and was even a selling point.
2 - No, DNF was an entirely different. They were never even related to it until they decided to purchase what was done (a game about 90%) so it could finally get released after 14 years of waiting and it about to die.

Grahav

Mar 13, 2009
Well, at least there were Blue Brothers in his review...

I hope you can play a good game next time Yahtzee.

serious biscuit

Jul 3, 2012
AlexanderPeregrine said:
serious biscuit said:
All I took away from this is that we need a Blues Brothers game.
Not only is there already a Blues Brothers game, it also came from the same developer that gifted us with such critical darlings as Dick Tracy, the Prehistorik duology, and the all-time classic, the game everybody must play at least once in their lives lest their tombstone be engraved with "wasted life": Superman on the N64.

Well those were all before my time, but this game looks like fun, or should I say would look like fun if not based on the Blues Brothers with the only resemblance being the outfits and records. Maybe its time for a reboot? XD