Zero Punctuation: Alpha Protocol

PhiMed

Nov 26, 2008
Why is Kevin Conroy the ultimate asshole? I'm confused...

Good vid, and sorry about the Mario Galaxy 2 delay, because I live in the states, so I have it already, AND IT'S AWESOME.

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
Blue-State said:
I was kinda hoping for...
[img height= 200 width= 300]http://cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/castfire/mini/ebb98f8371c4a49b0b18be6f58c39f8c.jpg[/img]

Great review anyway. I think that the reason that the games industry makes PMC secretly evil is because in real life they actually ARE!
Probably coming up next week. It likely takes a while to do videos like this and the big news/dissapointments only came out a few days ago.

OT: Great review, I'm considering getting this simply from this video. And the fact that it's moral choice system seems to actually work.

Edit: and the comparison to Deus Ex :D

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Difference between a review build and a retail copy, maybe?

He kinda liked it, everyone else...hated it.

yourbeliefs

Bored at Work
Jan 30, 2009
miquelfire said:
If Yahtzee has anything bad to say about Mario Galaxy 2, we won't know until it's released there. I'm wondering if he should move to US or Canada? Not sure if either give him a good enough reason to though other than actually getting games on time. (I mean, for the Aussy market, the US NTSC to PAL shouldn't be THAT much of a hurdle, unlike Europe where they need to translate the game into 6 languages at minimum along with the PAL translation!)
It seems like mainly the Wii has this problem for some strange reason..

Doomsday11

Apr 15, 2010
Better review than I was expecting and yes Alpha protocol is a better game then most give credit most of the "reviewers" just copied what other more popular sites had to say and I actually did understand the story line and I can say it's great.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
Finally a review that doesn't rip off on this game like others.

After a full playthrough I really enjoyed and was baffled by the sheer ammount of choices and consequences that you go through the game,unlike any other I have seen before.

I could turn a blind eye to the sometimes buggy dialogue and liked the game overall.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
I love how you crossed the N out there too...would make so much more sense with it!!!

And, Awesome review...despite the good elements...still flawed, which is a shame!

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
Sinclose said:
Why the hell was Kevin Conroy, the voice of Batman in the DCAU in the spectrum of 'dicks and assholes'?
Maybe he doesn't want to be typecast?

Delta2501

Mar 31, 2010
If people like Deus Ex you should be aware that a fantastic mod came out for it a year or so ago. The Nameless Mod was in development for seven years, is fully voiced with professional production values, good game length and the same great gameplay as the original Deus Ex.

Anyone who enjoyed the original should give it a whirl:
http://thenamelessmod.com/

Pontus Hashis

Feb 22, 2010
Hope your doin Mgs:pw.
BTW if you need someone for CO-OPS, send me a maessage to my psn (da-wolfdude) and ill meet you on ad-hoc party =)

Zing

Oct 22, 2009
I'm sure you have the funds to get out of this terrible excuse for a country, Yahtzee. Why are you still here?

Anyway, this review annoyed me. You rip on games like Red Dead Redemption, complaining about stuff that you clearly didn't even know you could get around. But you were generous to such an awful game like Alpha Protocol.

What gives?

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
Thank you for so much for pointing out confusing dialogue choices. So many times do games have choices of words that don't tell you at all what it will actually say. Heavy Rain did this as well. Often times I would be trying to play the nice guy and I click on a button thinking he'll say something nice, but ends up smacking them in the face! If you're only going to have three choices like that, just say "nice," "mean," or "neutral." Don't say "car," "face," or "bird" unless it would absolutely make sense for it to be used in that situation (such as they went off on a long paragraph and you want to hear more about the bird).

But, as always, it was entertaining.

Mydnyght

Feb 17, 2010
Warforger said:
Kingsman said:
...I never even heard of this game, but the fact that it lets you be that diverse and dickish seems appealing to me.
Are you fucking me? There was a huge advertising campaign on TV and even on ZP! You'd have to have awesome ignoring skills to not see the constant replays of the adverts.
I know, Warforger. For a couple weeks, I'd see that ad for Alpha Protocol whenever I started up a video on the Escapist. I saw that ad so many times, that line "That airliner was his first target...and we want you to kill him" has carved its place into my brain. -_- Hell, I totally expected to see an Alpha Protocol pop-up ad to appear at the start of this video.