Zero Punctuation: iPhone Games

tehweave

Gaming Wildlife
Apr 5, 2009
Funny review. Well done. I too have played the gaudy monstrosity that is the overly popular Angry Birds. Yes. It's fun. Yes. It's frustrating. Yes. It's a casual game. Yes, it's fun.

Looking forward to Ass Creed Brotherhood and Fableshit 3.

Triple360

Jul 27, 2009
I have this HTC desire phone, (its technically better than a iphone), it also has android, ( the Microsoft phone os); and that's how i managed to breath on mars.

Ohlookit'sMatty

Sep 11, 2008
Is that a smile I see on little Yahtzee's face? Has the iPhone games market induced a feeling of joy on this once harsh gamer?

Probable not, the effects will ware off as he gets back into Sonic

-M

mcl323

Sep 30, 2009
Right before watching this video I was playing Angry Birds on a HTC Wildfire. The view from Olympus Mons is fantastic.

Uber Waddles

May 13, 2010
This is actually one of the better reviews Yahtzee has done lately, because he talks about the games. Still a little too much whining about things he's already whined about alot and is too thick to accept (aka his stance on MOTION CONTROLS R BAD AND IF U DISAGREE UR WRONG TEHEE). Reminds me of the good old days when ZP made me laugh, rather then facepalm.

wickes666

Jun 26, 2010
see, i have an iPod, so the whole mars question doesn't really apply to me. thank you middle upper class parents of kid who's iPod i took :)

Wolcik

Jul 18, 2009
Lots of people on mars today - must be monday.

I liked the "interupted" joke the most XD

Fumbleumble

Oct 17, 2010
The iphone/mars thing sounds suspisiously like he thinks everyone should have one :/

I wouldn't tanke an iphone if it were the last piece of digital equpment on the face of the planet.. seriously, I'd do without.

NeoAC

Zombie Nation #LetsRise
Jun 9, 2008
I went with the Adam West method of strapping a fishbowl to my head. Seems to work pretty well actually. So yeah, let me know how Korea turns out, I'll be watching the Middle East from Mons Olympus.

mattaui

Oct 16, 2008
I thoroughly enjoyed that one, and he's spot on regarding the state of the game development space on the iPhone. It doesn't matter what you think of Jobs, the iPhone or AT&T, there's some interesting stuff going on there. Sure, a lot of it ends up on the Android platform and elsewhere, but the fact that so many small gaming studios are able to tap into a revenue stream from iPhone customers is a huge, huge deal.

I probably spent the most time on Angry Birds than any game I've played on the iPhone, if nothing else because I absolutely loved the sound effects and some of the trickier later levels. I've not yet spent anywhere close to the sort of time on my iPhone games that I do with PC or console, and while I know the purpose of most iPhone games is a very quick get in and get out sort of gaming fix, there's no reason those games can't also have longer term play.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
I simply breathe the iron oxide that's everywhere on mars. It just takes a little force of will.

Toksyuryel

Mar 20, 2009
All of these games sound suspiciously similar to games I've played on Kongregate... where they were free, and didn't require an iPhone to play... must be my imagination.