Zero Punctuation: iPhone Games

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
Madara XIII said:
Tharwen said:
Why does no-one ever mention Tap Tap Revenge?!

It deserves at least as much of a review as Angry Birds...

Anyway, it's good to see Yahtzee is prepared to criticise outside his standard area of subject meterial.

Oh man I loved Tap Tap revenge. Fun game to play
And they release a free song every week too :D

It gets a bit buggy at times, but sometimes I feel that's due to the limitations of the phone itself more than the game.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
Cyrax023 said:
angrybirds is over rated.
The iPhone in general is overrated. I'm not saying it's a bad platform; it's an excellent platform. It's just not the holy end-all that many people claim it to be.

culade

Quiet Knoll
Dec 17, 2007
Nice one, just after creating wizards in doodle god on my iPhone, I decided to watch ZP on my iPhone. After I write this comment on my iPhone, I will watch a few YouTube videos on my iPhone or watch MST3K episodes thru netflix on my iPhone.

Nuurtuka

Apr 5, 2009
Don´t really get why he is more hostile towards nintendo then to apple.

Nintendo would be as bad as apple if Wiimotes only would function on nintendo exclusive batteries which you have to buy for 20$ each. Thats the apple way of doing thing, well, if they were encased in really cheap plastic and tend to be broken, then its apple.

Mzullos5

Nov 18, 2009
Lordofthesuplex said:
Also Sonic Colors is a Wii exclusive and the last thing I want is for him to review a game that gives him the excuse of saying the usual "waaaaah the Wii is the cancer of the gaming society!" bullcrap he's been saying for the past 2 years now. (Even though he took potshots at it in this review anyway)
Uhh... it was on the DS too and in my opinion the DS version was better albeit a bit short.

Asdalan08

Jun 19, 2010
I have an iPod touch for the simple reason I'm not giving my whole being in to Apple's evil plan for world domination...

Siah

Mar 15, 2010
Games on the Iphone are not bad, they are something to do while waiting for other things but the just drain the batteries too fast.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
About the iPhone.

Come to my country, where the cheapest iPhone costs as much as a very good AMD graphics card and I'll show you around the red wastelands.

Ryuu Akamatsu

Feb 26, 2009
I found the simplest way to breath on Mars is to learn how to breath Carbon Dioxide. It's easy! You just have to find a Sage Tree and have it teach you the ways of being a plant!

DSQ

Jun 30, 2009
I was hard at first but once we got the the forest of dean up here i find the air to be quite plesent :)

Slappybob

Jun 18, 2008
Seriously Iphone games? Wow the escapist must pay shit if you have to slum for apple for a ZP.

I need some time in my life back.

BlackWidower

Nov 16, 2009
See, I don't have an iPhone because I'm not Apple's *****. The thing simply costs too much and I have better things to spend money on like food. It's also why I don't have any consoles.

Fall from Honor

Mar 29, 2010
Just to say, I suppose going out to partys and not onwing a next gen console has helped me breathe on mars. Or did that help me keep my sanity in north east Germany? I am not really sure here.

On another note, it seems Yahtzee can't learn from bad sonic experiences, just like I can't seem to learn not to click on the weird links some of my friends like to send. Sonic, by now always seems to be a bad experience and the links are usually almost worth gouging my eyes out so I forget the image, or video.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
How do I breathe?
Simple. By not letting Steve Jobs shove his metaphorical iDick down my throat.

I don't want nor need an iPhone.

DSQ

Jun 30, 2009
Fumbleumble said:
wickes666 said:
see, i have an iPod, so the whole mars question doesn't really apply to me. thank you middle upper class parents of kid who's iPod i took :)
Are you seriously acting all smart, because you're such a scumbag you stole from someone.

I went to a rather enlightened school... we used to walk around in packs and put people like you in hospital... there's nothing better than seeing the look of gratitude in a someone's eye's as he looks at the smear that used to be the person who victimised him.

I wish adulthood worked that way.
I can see you have some rage to work out, but i don't think the op said he achually stole from some-one. And even if he did threating to beat some-one to death is frowned upon in polite socilty. Now if only i could spell....

MowDownJoe

Apr 8, 2009
Sorry. Will never get an iPhone. Happy Android user here. That said, at least two of those games are also available on Android, and they are pretty fun. Though I will say this: all this talk I hear about Game Dev Story, and you don't try that?

subject_87 said:
...And will we ever get a double review of VVVVVV and Super Meat Boy?
...Okay, forget Game Dev Story. This needs to be done. Let's drive Yahtzee through a bunch of brutally hard platformers.