Zero Punctuation: Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
I just saw the "Mailbag Showdown" review, and he mentions a Gamespot employee being tea-bagged by Kane & Lynch first game. I totally forgot about that.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
MiracleOfSound said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Maybe he'll like Vanquish...If he reviews it. Cover based shooting, but JET PROPELLED!
Which was all well and good until the checkpoint-less boss one hit killed me and I vowed never to touch it again.
There's a checkpoint at the start. Just not after it transforms. The turrets on the ledge DECIMATE his health in less than 10 seconds.
OK I'll give it another try then... it was fun up until that part.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
MiracleOfSound said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
MiracleOfSound said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Maybe he'll like Vanquish...If he reviews it. Cover based shooting, but JET PROPELLED!
Which was all well and good until the checkpoint-less boss one hit killed me and I vowed never to touch it again.
There's a checkpoint at the start. Just not after it transforms. The turrets on the ledge DECIMATE his health in less than 10 seconds.
And focus fire on specific bodyparts. Your basic guns, when upgraded from picking up spares of the same gun on the field, will tear a bodypart away quickly. Then man a turret, and shoot the weak point!

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
MiracleOfSound said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
MiracleOfSound said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
And focus fire on specific bodyparts. Your basic guns, when upgraded from picking up spares of the same gun on the field, will tear a bodypart away quickly. Then man a turret, and shoot the weak point!
I was just shooting the glowy red bits!

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
MiracleOfSound said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
MiracleOfSound said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
MiracleOfSound said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
I was just shooting the glowy red bits!
It's classic japanese boss design. Attack the bodyparts first to expose the weakpoints for an extended period of time. Attack enough bodyparts, and he'll collapse for a bit, leaving the major weakpoint vulnerable.

And run up his arms for a badass QTE.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
AvsJoe said:
"Kane and Lynch sucked so many dicks it now breathes *spunk* instead of air!"

Now THAT'S a quote that should be on the box art!
Hah reminds me of LRR episode Toothy Smile... "well... if we can't hide it, we can always flaunt it?" :D

MAUSZX

May 7, 2009
marioandsonic said:
I wonder if Yahtzee has found a new "worst game I've ever reviewed", in place of Too Human.
Not a chance in hell.
Too Human is the worst.
This game wasn't good, but not bad as too human.
Yes is short, bad graphics, the aim is awful, in this kind of games the multiplayer is what is worthy but they failed in that.... and even so I'm more a classic gamer who enjoy more the single campain than them multiplayer.
Just rent this game, don't buy it and for god sake dont buy the DLC.

Nythengayle

Aug 10, 2010
My far too expensive hat off to you Yahtzee! It's always so refreshing to hear a critic actually be a critic! Ballsy as always, even through the humor. Please keep telling companies that think they can pass this shit by us exactly what you think of them!!

Red_moon_wolfess

Dec 6, 2009
You can always review Qbert if you need that extra Q that badly! :D

But hey, don't blame Squenix for the shittyness of the game, they're just trying to take over the world before Nintendo does.
I'm rooting for Squenix. No way am I living in a world filed with plumber's crack!

Sexbad

Mar 31, 2010
After playing the demo I was pretty sure this game wasn't worth it. This video proved the last piece of the puzzle. Fucked if I'm going to get it, at least not until it goes to about $10 a few years later.

On a less-but-still-related note, review Amnesia: The Dark Descent!

Firerush

May 19, 2009
The review was funny, but it was not good

Yahtzee, you used to be good, you used to make concise serious reviews in a funny style that made them enjoyable to watch, now all you do is complain. A critic must be critical but just being negative does not make you a critic, it makes you a whiner. You used to be a critic but now you're not and sadly, you're falling victim to the very thing you accuse video game publishers of doing, repeating yourself and using the same tactics to appease your audience by just throwing out a random sequence of complaints and mentioning the same things over and over, cover based shooting, apparently bad story sequences, and bad art and gimmicks.

you have degenerated, your old reviews were good, funny, and concise, now they're just a series of swears, dick jokes, and complaints done to draw in as many viewers as possible. Not to mention that you never give anything a chance so I'm going to do the same thing you did in shadow of the Colosus but backwards.

I've never really been into linear platforming games because it's too much like watching a movie with only one point forwards. In Starcraft 2 every time you fail a mission your'e free to alter your strategy and try things a new way, but wait! Maybe I can climb up the giant monster or platforms a different less painful way. Whoops! My mistake there's only one route to take and I just have to deal with sore blistered thumbs that make my real job a lot harder to do!

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
I admit i've never placed this or the first game, but i get depressed even looking at the cover.

Mr Waffle

Mar 18, 2010
I avoided the first game because of the whole Gamespot thing, when I saw the trailer for this I almost felt insulted. I'm supposed to care about these guys enough to play their game? Really? So I passed. Glad to see that I didn't miss anything, aside from an experience akin to punching myself in the face.