Zero Punctuation: Skate 2

More Fun To Compute

Nov 18, 2008
The mention of Spelunking made me wish that this was a review of Spelunky but he kept on talking about some sort of roller blading game or something.

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
Black Ice said:
"Do a late cockslap."

On a serious note, I've never seen him talk so little about the game he's reviewing... which is fine, since I watch it for the humor, but I felt like only 1.5 of those 4 minutes was actually about Skate 2.
to be quite frank, I don't think you can ramble on about the mechanics of a skating game for 4 1/2 minutes if you don't know the first thing about skating. Was a little surprised at his review *cough cough* choice, since its not exactly a game I would figure a large amount of people caring about.

Also skating games are notoriously boring *ducks behind sh*t shield*

Zersy

Nov 11, 2008
LMFAO LMFAO
this was pure funny

"oh and there's a 2 because there was another one before it"

and how come there's no intro ?

Nikita89

May 24, 2008
Lovely review!

But I still can't see how Skate 2 is any different than the Tony Hawks series...?!

Joreal

May 7, 2008
Skate 2, huh? Doesn't really seem to be your territory, Yahtzee. Good to see something different, at least.

And yes, the impossible "Score 5,394,612,964,@t^,45CAPSLOCK points to progress" sections always suck.

Also, no intro! Buh-shizzle-snoochie-boochies? Also, no annoying pop-up-you-can't-get-rid-of-me-completely-ha-ha-ha ad on the video! I feel vindicated! The keyboard is mightier than the pen! Take that, Edward Bulwer-Lytton!

WarpGhost

Jan 5, 2009
When I saw the game you were reviewing I didnt have high hopes for this episode, but it turned out to be one of the funniest yet! Great job.

yourbeliefs

Bored at Work
Jan 30, 2009
I think this review confirms to me that Skate 2 is not worth my time. Apparently EA missed the boat that Tony Hawk started (and subsequently CRASHED with the release of Tony Hawk 4) and made a game mainly for hardcore skate people as opposed to the masses. Tony Hawk 3 remains one of my favorite games of all time, and sadly I don't think any skating game will go back to the linear, short run style that it did so well.

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
As I'm not a skater, I don't have much to say, other that this review is pretty damn hilarious.

Now BRING ME A CHAIR.

Ronwue

Oct 22, 2008
I liked the intro. I want my intros back. At any rate, skate reminds me of the tony hawk games. I loved those.

Thoric485

Aug 17, 2008
Never tried or plan to try the game, but the video was still amusing as usual. Felt kinda incomplete without the intro though.

Kaboose the Moose

Feb 15, 2009
I like it how he said he felt sorry for the cops who abandoned all other evil to catch skaters. Still, a very good review and because I am no skater myself I think I will pass on this game.

Lullabye

Oct 23, 2008
Im a skater and its not really true. Skate boarding is not like that at all.....anymore*cough*.... at least not here

A.I. Sigma

Sep 17, 2008
Could anyone else hear the traffic and police sirens in the background?

Anyway, great video as always.

LesIsMore

Jul 22, 2008
MaxTheReaper said:
LesIsMore said:
Not a bad review, but certainly weaker than last week - though part of that is because I'd never play this game for two reasons, 1) it's a skating game and 2) it's on the Playstation 3. I just wasn't into the topic and for the first minute or so he didn't seem to be either. I did appreciate his more critical point at the end of the review though as to who this game is intended for.

Also, and probably an issue that messed with my overall experience - where the hell is the opening music?
The intro is back.
I have rewatched it with the intro and actually think it makes the review better - not in any sense of judgment on the music, it just fits into the overall experience of ZP.

Or in other words, "Waaaa - don't mess with my routine it scares me."