Zero Punctuation: Sniper Elite V2

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
trollpwner said:
Raiyan 1.0 said:
DVS BSTrD said:
Even if you don't get to kill Hitler, as long as you end the game killing Nazis it'll still feel like a...

*puts on sunglasses*

...Goodwin
Alright, that was good, I did Nazi that coming.
O.K., stop please. This is just getting reich-diculous.

EDIT: ninja'd. Blimey, this is as bad as the time we had that page about a guy who killed his family with a sword and we had 7 pages of blade-related puns.

EDIT 2: Oh, here it is. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.363930-Killing-spree-in-Hungary-with-a-twist#14239401]
Hey, these Nazi jokes are Goring nowhere, Anne Frankly, I find them Heilarious.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Grey Day for Elcia said:
Lmao. I kind of hope you aren't kidding, just because that would be so hilariously insane.
Well, I just googled and game sites are confirming it was pre-order exclusive "DLC." I don't know if it'll remain exclusive, but the fact that it's DLC means it's an additional part of the game. Which is, of course, hilariously insane.

DanHibiki

Aug 5, 2009
did the US even have Sniper units in WW2? I know Russians had some nasty bad asses who ranked up hundreds of kills and so did Germans and Brits to some extent but I think the US didn't have any Sniper units and mostly just let armored units take front or in the case of a lot of green soldiers "went prone and waited for German snipers to pick them off one by one".

Iggy Rufflebar

Mar 26, 2008
yay for the accurate representation of the welsh!

only a minor issue though, all our world war 2 era tanks have sheep's wool covering them so we can hide them in fields near our borders.

It will soon be our land!!

MonkeyPunch

Feb 20, 2008
The single picture bit at the end was pretty damn ingenious this time.

DanHibiki said:
did the US even have Sniper units in WW2? I know Russians had some nasty bad asses who ranked up hundreds of kills and so did Germans and Brits to some extent but I think the US didn't have any Sniper units and mostly just let armored units take front or in the case of a lot of green soldiers "went prone and waited for German snipers to pick them off one by one".
Ima let you finish, but the Fins had arguably the most successful sniper of all time.

Bvenged

Sep 4, 2009
fanklok said:
Yahtzee you didn't even mention getting to assassinate hitler. ASSASSINATE HITLER.
Pre-order DLC only. If he "picked it up" as a spur of the moment thing, like he was describing, it wouldn't have been a pre-order.

[hr]

I enjoyed this game a lot. Once I'm done with the co-op I'm going to stick it on my shelf for a year before playing it again. It's short, sweet, not much replay value but definitely a keeper.

Dr Jones

Join the Bob Dylan Fangroup!
Jun 23, 2010
I love watching me a nazi's bones torn apart from a bullet o' mine. Best part of the game, really <.<

DVS BSTrD said:
Even if you don't get to kill Hitler, as long as you end the game killing Nazis it'll still feel like a...
*puts on sunglasses*
...Goodwin
Oh you smart bastard!

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
In case you're wondering what the Russian girl said while skipping along with Yahtzee: "I hate you." Aw, that's so cute. :)
And so ninja'd. :-(

Gennadios

Aug 19, 2009
Yahtzee's been leaning pretty heavily on the English->Russian google translate lately, the Russian temp worker might not have been a passing phase.

Try the Swedes or Poles one of these days, now those f****** are crazy.

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
I just realized Yahtzee used a Hitcher-hiker's guide to the Galaxy reference back there with the flying whale.

Classic.

mb16

make cupcakes not bombs
Sep 14, 2008
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
But I hate sneaky games.
Having played it I can tell you its not all sneaky sneaky. You are given a pistol and SMG and can just sprint through the levels mowing down all the enemies.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
"SNIPER ELITE: WE POO" Even yahtzee couldn't hold back the laughter! Just like that time he mentioned "experience with relationships [SNORT]" in his "Catherine" review.

And the puns, Oh God the puns, MAKE IT STOP!!!

Steve the Pocket

Mar 30, 2009
It hit me while watching this video that the whole Russians-as-villains thing is something developers do to get back at the Russian gaming community, who from what I hear are... problematic.