Zero Punctuation: Sniper Elite V2

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
DVS BSTrD said:
Even if you don't get to kill Hitler, as long as you end the game killing Nazis it'll still feel like a...

*puts on sunglasses*

...Goodwin
Alright, that was good, I did Nazi that coming.

Marik Bentusi

Aug 20, 2010
Last bits of jokes seemed kind of bland (since they can be built anywhere I guess, lololol dickjokes out of nowhere don't exactly rely on making fun of a game), but video was funny as a whole.

Personally I thought the game was extremely dull and repetitive, especially with the unbelievable health regen making it really damn hard to die on any difficulty level. The gore shot gimmick is interesting at first, but after replaying a demo for some time you pretty much got the whole experience in my opinion.
Story is really bland (oh look we must stop the not-a-nuke), characters are pretty much nonexistent, it's invisible-wall-level linear. Tutorial took that up to eleven.
Plus the AI was so balls-to-the-walls stupid you basically got no enjoyment out of stealthily outsmarting them. At least in Thief: Deadly Shadows the AI was so stupid it was hilarious again, and if they found you they could still knock a considerable amount off your health bar before you can initiate countermeasures.

I like how they made sniping on harder difficulties a bit more skill-requiring and by extension more rewarding when you blow up a group by shooting a grenade like it's a pinto, but between that and the killcam novelty there was nothing about this game that struck me as worthwhile.

Qitz said:
NO GUILT! HE'S A NAZI!

Best line ever.

Sniper Elite V2 has the best option ever. The option to shoot someone through the testicles. Who doesn't like a bit of nut busting? Also, the serial killer with a rifle idea changes things up a bit. For the better of course.
Never understood what's engaging about that Freudian excitement. Guess I'm really not this game's target audience.

somonels

Oct 12, 2010
Raiyan 1.0 said:
DVS BSTrD said:
Even if you don't get to kill Hitler, as long as you end the game killing Nazis it'll still feel like a...

*puts on sunglasses*

...Goodwin
No need to take this Führer.

Qitz

Mar 6, 2011
Raiyan 1.0 said:
DVS BSTrD said:

*puts on sunglasses*

...Goodwin
Well, this thread just took a hard Reich now didn't it?

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
The ultimate irony? That game is based on the actual US/Soviet raiding of V2 scientists in Germany. In it's attempt for realism, the game becomes boring...

Also, you may want to see a doctor (or five) if that's what your penis looks like...

Qitz said:
Raiyan 1.0 said:
DVS BSTrD said:

*puts on sunglasses*

...Goodwin
Well, this thread just took a hard Reich now didn't it?
Next pun gets to discover what it is like on the receiving end of Sniper Elite...

Qitz

Mar 6, 2011
The Gentleman said:
Next pun gets to discover what it is like on the receiving end of Sniper Elite...
Well that won't end Schnell for someone now will it?

Someone needs to sit down in Mein Kampfy chair.

Grey Day for Elcia

Jan 15, 2012
Zachary Amaranth said:
fanklok said:
Yahtzee you didn't even mention getting to assassinate hitler. ASSASSINATE HITLER.
He mentions it in the credits and says you don't.

Killing Hitler was a pre-order bonus only, wasn't it?
Lmao. I kind of hope you aren't kidding, just because that would be so hilariously insane.

OT: "Unwillingly redecorate a nearby wall" is the best line I have ever heard in that context. Bravo!

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
All you need to know about this game can be learned on youtube. Search for "Kill hitler in the ballsack" and watch the first video on the list.

Captcha: Do more sit-ups

How does it know?

Falseprophet

Jan 13, 2009
The Gentleman said:
The ultimate irony? That game is based on the actual US/Soviet raiding of V2 scientists in Germany. In it's attempt for realism, the game becomes boring...
That's what I was thinking: they forgot the part where you to build missiles [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Paperclip].

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
Falseprophet said:
The Gentleman said:
That's what I was thinking: they forgot the part where you to build missiles [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Paperclip].
Yes, but that goal was two fold:

1) Get scientists

2) Don't let Russians get the remaining scientists

I imagine they don't exactly need a sniper for number 1...