Zero Punctuation: Splinter Cell: Conviction

SpecklePattern

May 5, 2010
I have always liked splinter series but every version that I have played has some sort of problems. In my view all of the splinters have been released half done what comes to the coding. Last one that stopped my splinter experiences was the double agent. The hacking device-thingy... well I never saw the textures of the hacking device = useless game that I cannot play.

And that AI of splinter(s)... ... I just agree. Yahtzee has said it: it is hard to program any AI, but all this shooting and saying after 5 seconds "must be my imagination" is so much seen on games. But it would kinda suck donky kong balls if the AI really hunted you down if they see you, or would it now? I hate "sneaking" games that don't allow that option through the entire game.

Most funniest thing still is the three bright glowing green lights on the guys head... How can you not see him AI???

Also it would be nice to see like italians and spanish fighting (to save the world). Put that to ANY game. I am waiting something like that just to hear the arguments and general dialogs of any of the guards (even without subtitles).

TheECP

Nov 1, 2007
I also have to note I find it amusing and slightly annoying how much you insult America when you know a good portion of your viewers are indeed American. At least you insulted Canada this time too, haha.

SpecklePattern

May 5, 2010
K4RN4GE911 said:
Another episode of Zero Punctuation!! I was glad I ... P.S. How the FUCK could you like Hitman: Blood Money?!? That game was an utter embarrassment IMO. (don't ban me!)
Hmm. Interesting. I was actually thinking: how does it differ from the previous ones? I have played them all and Blood Money was mostly the same thing than previous ones. Blood bath or sneaking and mostly very playable.

Ps. Eight hours of car? That is ridiculous amount of sitting in a car. :/ Feel sorry for you. :)

Ewyx

Dec 3, 2008
Heheh... like that little nudge to Braid in the middle of it, also, we've seen references to hitman games before, but now it's finally official that Yahtzee actually likes them.

AMMO Kid

Jan 2, 2009
I've been a Splinter Cell fan since the first one came out all those years ago...but yes I do agree with lots of what you said there :)

Milenkov

Aug 16, 2009
Your reviews are always very amusing, haha.
any chance of reviewing Metro 2033 at some point?

Archtype

Apr 25, 2010
DurianBlink said:
Wow Yahtzee, you're really cool shamelessly bashing the country that most of your viewers are from. It doesn't help that the people from here pay you to make these videos too. And then you actually have the balls to flash an advertisement of your book at the end.

We get it. You don't like America. You don't have to keep repeating it to all of your viewers in every video you make. Keep your political bias out of your videos. All it does is alienate viewers.
Yeah no kidding. What a childish analogy. I mean... you do realize that you are endlessly bashing the country that not only gives you a better job....but basically funds a vast majority of the worlds economy.

Not to mention that every time a new problem arises everyone is always quite eager to dump it into America's lap and then immediately begin dissing it for taking on the responsibility. What a joke.

It is ok to resent a country for succeeding I suppose....free speech and all that....but it doesn't make it any less childish and petty.

De Ronneman

Dec 30, 2009
First of all: Yes, it was INCEDIBLY short, the "hey, let's scream every 5 seconds" thingy is really annoying and the "only jump here, and only here, or you'll open a door" screwed me over too, only in my case they played Scrabble.

But secondly: Yes, you mentioned your novel on your Twitter. 5 times. Maybe more, I'm not a regular.

ImprovizoR

Dec 6, 2009
Malakashii said:
Great review as ever.

Though the thought of Yahtzee actually performing a terrorist attack on the White House is an interesting thought.
He did visit the place last summer. Maybe he really is up to something :D

I guess you can't really appreciate Splinter Cell if you're not a fan of that kind of high tech spy stealth. I like stealth games, especially on their hardest difficulty. And I like Conviction because it's not like any other stealth game I played. I can shoot everyone but it feels more rewarding this time to actually sneak around. In previous games it was the most obvious option, the only option if you wanted to live. And taking guards down silently is awesome with those cool animations you can pull of. The biggest problem I have with the game is that deniable ops missions are actually more fun then story missions.

DurianBlink

May 5, 2010
KingPiccolOwned said:
Yeah, normally that'd be true, but personally I'd have to agree with Durian here. Even I usually get a laugh out of the times when he does that stuff, like constantly portraying Americans with cowboy hats, or what have you, but here it didn't really seem funny.
Yeah, same here man. I find his America jokes funny most of the time. This was just a flat out insult. No real joke to hide behind.