Funny events in anti-woke world

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Maybe this makes me the asshole, but I'm kind of amused that despite all the bellyaching, you just can't resist playing into Houseman's little game. Are y'all masochists?

Reactions: Mister Mumbler

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
... Just why guys? How does giving him exactly what he wants benefit you in any way shape or form?

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
Maybe this makes me the asshole, but I'm kind of amused that despite all the bellyaching, you just can't resist playing into Houseman's little game. Are y'all masochists?
Everyone's bored methinks.

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
As Agema said, that was just "occasional hostility", and "a wider reading of his comment", if you had known him and been "around [him] for years would in fact reveal a deep, abiding care for [his] fellow humans]. It was just an "expression of frustration at those obstructing the betterment of [his] fellow humans"
I get the horrible idea you think you are being clever here.

Unless you forget, Kyle Rittenhouse voluntarily took a gun to a place he never needed to be, prepared to use lethal force as he saw fit. He duly shot three people, two of them fatally. Unfortunately for you, what it does is prove my point about hypocrisy and vacuity that you have sanctimoniously lectured other people about "grave-dancing", and then promptly supplied an apology for a killer.

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
The brilliance and wisdom of your sophistry is truly dazzling. Master, you have returned to us.
Ah, the "I was being ironic" defence to making mistakes. Learnt something from Trump, evidently.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Or, in some cases, the hero succeeds in saving the villain, so both survive.
In other cases, the villain sabotages the hero's attempt at saving him, and willingly goes to his death.

Which hero do you want to be (or do you want to cheer for)? The one who tries their best to save the life of the villain, or one who is just looking for a "socially acceptable reason" to kill others?

Some of you are going to great lengths to justify grave-dancing, and not a single one of you have condemned it. Is this just the state of the world now, or is it just this site that has become so callous?
A lot of people on these forums only care about people so long as they go along with their ideology and once they don't they "are clearly evil and must be destroyed for the good of their ideology."

So much wasted time spent by people preaching about the evils and stubbornness of religion only for people to replace it with political ideologies.

Last edited:

Bartholomew

Elite Member
Aug 8, 2021
I get the horrible idea you think you are being clever here.

Unless you forget, Kyle Rittenhouse voluntarily took a gun to a place he never needed to be, prepared to use lethal force as he saw fit. He duly shot three people, two of them fatally. Unfortunately for you, what it does is prove my point about hypocrisy and vacuity that you have sanctimoniously lectured other people about "grave-dancing", and then promptly supplied an apology for a killer.
Either

Words matter = Kyle's words condemn him = Grave-dancing condemns those who do it.
Or
Words don't matter = Grave-dancing is fine = Kyle's words don't condemn him.

Your choice.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
Either

Words matter = Kyle's words condemn him = Grave-dancing condemns those who do it.
Or
Words don't matter = Grave-dancing is fine = Kyle's words don't condemn him.

Your choice.
The sort of sophistry hailed as clever by people who think they are. Seriously, are you trolling or trying to provoke Aristotle into rising from the grave and murdering you for butchering his logic?

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
One time I said qweiopq.

Either words matter, and saying qweiopq condemns the people who said qweiopq, or words don't matter and saying "I'm going to kill this guy right here" isn't evidence that I intended to kill a guy who I shot and who subsequently died.

Reactions: Buyetyen

MrCalavera

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2020
Country
Poland
I'd say words matter, but acts matter more than words.

So the words of someone who said they want to shoot someone AND shot someone have considerably more weight than, let's say, someone wishing death on people who can't be arsed to not spread a virus that produces more dead.

In other words, only a hack would try to put an equality sign between the two.

Bartholomew

Elite Member
Aug 8, 2021
I'd say words matter, but acts matter more than words.

So the words of someone who said they want to shoot someone AND shot someone have considerably more weight than, let's say, someone wishing death on people who can't be arsed to not spread a virus that produces more dead.
In all seriousness, I agree.

The only problem is, we're viewing this retroactively. Kyle has already killed someone, and we're looking back at his words, with the benefit of hindsight, and saying "oh that makes so much sense! The warning signs were there all along!"

So my question is, when someone expresses a callous disregard for human life, is that a red flag? Or does it only BECOME a red flag in hindsight, once someone does something?

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Terminal Blue

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 18, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
A lot of people on these forums only care about people so long as they go along with their ideology and once they don't they "are clearly evil and must be destroyed for the good of their ideology."
What if your ideology includes caring about people.

If you have these people who don't care about people, people who do harm to others, people who violate every reasonable precept of an ideology of care towards other people, then do you not feel some obligation to regard those people as evil?

if not, then I don't think you can reasonably pretend that you care about people. What you care about the moral right of people to act in ways which harm others, which you've mistaken (or, let's be real, deliberately and deceptively misrepresented) as care for people. It's not, it's kind of the opposite.

You don't get to try and shame people for having moral convictions on the grounds that having any convictions is immoral. That is actually hypocrisy.,

Last edited:
Reactions: Buyetyen and Agema

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States

So much wasted time spent by people preaching about the evils and stubbornness of religion only for people to replace it with political ideologies.
Dude advises people to poke bear, dude pokes bear, and dude is mauled by bear, it's really not that complicated.

But I guess I'm a broken person for not appreciating the moral gravitas of cheesy action movies.

MrCalavera

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2020
Country
Poland
In all seriousness, I agree.

The only problem is, we're viewing this retroactively. Kyle has already killed someone, and we're looking back at his words, with the benefit of hindsight, and saying "oh that makes so much sense! The warning signs were there all along!"
There's discussion to be had about mass shooters, and how so many of them displayed red flags, also on social media, that were then ignored. But it's the discussion the lawmakers and social media moderation should have.

So my question is, when someone expresses a callous disregard for human life, is that a red flag? Or does it only BECOME a red flag in hindsight, once someone does something?
Well, in case of a shooter, those red flags would often signal a desire to use a firearm.
But in case of someone wishing covid death to conscious spreaders? What'd it be? Bioterrorism?

Reactions: BrawlMan

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Super weird how this keeps happening

Yeah yeah, pregnant spouse, tragic lose of life, whatever. We're on year two of this shit and the dude organized a bear-poking rally and treated himself with a toxic anti-parasitic to fight a virus. The fuck did he expect would happen?

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

Bartholomew

Elite Member
Aug 8, 2021
But in case of someone wishing covid death to conscious spreaders? What'd it be? Bioterrorism?
Perhaps it could be a red flag that the person might become a radical vigilante?

It doesn't mean that a person will act on it, of course, but I'm not sure I'd want to be their roommate.

Thank you for being a reasonable person and at least entertaining the premise.