BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I..wait. A AAA studio can't make indies by definition
Pat and Woolie were calling out one of their commenter's dumb friend. The dumb friend stupidly believes that any AAA dev or publisher working on smaller projects or games would steal the thunder or "hurt" Indie games in the long run. We all know how full of shit such an argument is and makes no sense.

The complainer is an idiot who thinks that the definition of "indie game" is "2D Metroidvania".
Pretty much.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dalisclock

XsjadoBlaydette

~s•o√r∆rπy°`
May 26, 2022
Clear 'n Present Danger
Country
Must
The soldier boss character in Resi Evil 4 remake should've been Gary Busey, as in played by, named and modelled after. Not sure if they were thinking of him while developing the game, but I certainly was while playing it, subconsciously saying to myself "damnit Gary Busey, don't be a tool! Put that arm down!"

I'm not insane, I swear.
ezgif.com-webp-to-jpg-10.jpg

ezgif.com-webp-to-jpg-9.jpg

Wait, forgot the hat!
2023-04-12-13-22-13-240.jpg

-

ezgif.com-webp-to-jpg-11.jpg

Hat? Hello??
2023-04-12-13-29-19-959.jpg

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
The soldier boss character in Resi Evil 4 remake should've been Gary Busey, as in played by, named and modelled after. Not sure if they were thinking of him while developing the game, but I certainly was while playing it, subconsciously saying to myself "damnit Gary Busey, don't be a tool! Put that arm down!"

I'm not insane, I swear.
View attachment 8493

View attachment 8494

Wait, forgot the hat!
View attachment 8495

-

View attachment 8498

Hat? Hello??
View attachment 8497
I thought he was acting like Gary Busey too. When I first encountered Krauser, I thought it might have been coincidence. During the second fight, the voice actor was totally channeling Gary Busey. Krauser even resembles him somewhat.

Last edited:
Reactions: XsjadoBlaydette

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
There's some interesting hot takes on the Final Fantasy series at the beginning of the video.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
I thought he was acting like Gary Busey too. When I first encountered Krauser, I thought it might have been coincidence. During the second fight, the voice actor was totally channeling Gary Busey. Krauser even resembles him somewhat.
It wasn't until the remake put a hat on him that I realized Chief Mendez is probably based on The Undertaker. It even lines up with how he no sells Leon's whirlkick in the OG.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
I'm watching SGF's LP of Disco Elysium: The Final Cut because I got sick of watching RE4 remake and remembered that I gave DE a miss because he played it after I had just finished playing the original.

I have to say that I think the original version is better. They got one voice actor to do the voices of all the different aspects of personality, and he reads them all in the exact same voice and manner of speech. It just ruins it. They are all obviously written with their own individual voice, and this is completely lost with the delivery. The voice direction as a whole for a lot of the new dialogue from other previously unvoiced characters also is not that great.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
As good as this game looks and is, I'll probably never purchase it. Not at a price of $30. It's one of those retro style games where you only get one life or technically two, if you're doing single player. Demon Throttle is on sale at Amazon and is about 10 bucks off, but I still feel that's too much for such a short game. I know running gun style games come with memorization and everything, but you got to have more than that and add some bonus modes. The RPG elements are a nice touch, but not enough for me to buy this at such a price or keep playing.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I'd be down for a port/remaster of Shadows of the Damned, if it meant I can skip cut-scenes and the game runs at 60fps. Plus, it's fun having an action command where after you stun most of the cannon fodder, Garcia will either knee or kick them in the nuts! Garcia plays extra dirty, and is not afraid to do so.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Yahtzee, you're not weird for missing loading screens, but I really don't need to see them again. The less loading, the better. BTW, Oneechanbara: Bikini Samurai Squad, has a loading screen mini game I came out in 2006 (released today US, UK and Europe in 2009). So they squeaked by Namco unnoticed. DMC 3 has a a cool mini game where you can slice up the "now loading" font in the left bottom corner of the TV. This feature is lost in the HD ports unfortunately.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Wrong thread. I mean, it says 'cold take' right there on the thumbnail.
Nope. These takes are still important, because certain people don't want to learn, nor listen, or forget important parts of gaming and game design. Besides, I put about 4 of these videos, and now you notice? So yeah, they're in the right thread.

Last edited:

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
Whatever is going on with Microsoft these days has triggered the conspiracy part of my brain.
The latest bit of madness is that one journalist reporting on how the sales of the beloved Hi-Fi Rush is underwhelming but then Microsoft responding that it's not but without being specific. And you think, well of course they didn't sell a lot of copies because it's on freaking GamePass and isn't that the whole point of the game and its surprise release, to promote the Microsoft ecosystem? So was it even supposed to sell a lot more copies? What are they even trying to do here?

And then I remember how many businesses I've had to deal with in my modest career so far and, yeah, a lot of the time they don't know what they're doing or there is in-fighting, resulting in them demanding simultaneous contradicting goals.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Whatever is going on with Microsoft these days has triggered the conspiracy part of my brain.
The latest bit of madness is that one journalist reporting on how the sales of the beloved Hi-Fi Rush is underwhelming but then Microsoft responding that it's not but without being specific. And you think, well of course they didn't sell a lot of copies because it's on freaking GamePass and isn't that the whole point of the game and its surprise release, to promote the Microsoft ecosystem? So was it even supposed to sell a lot more copies? What are they even trying to do here?

And then I remember how many businesses I've had to deal with in my modest career so far and, yeah, a lot of the time they don't know what they're doing or there is in-fighting, resulting in them demanding simultaneous contradicting goals.
As far as I'm concerned, Hi-Fi Rush succeeded in what it set out to do. Long before that journalist came out with that news, Tango Games even said they are happy with the results and the success of the game. This was a statement just a few weeks after the game came out, and not without Microsoft's statement in the article. Tango made that statement alone. If Microsoft is really upset with the sales, then they shouldn't have put it on Game Pass in the first place. That's a problem with a lot of these companies. They have contradictory or overly high and super narrow expectations. It's the same reason there were so many failures of Call of Duty/Gears of War clones, and unnecessary reboots that might as well had different names and not be the game they were supposed. This is the reason why you had so many unnecessary studio shut downs, because the publishers wouldn't admit their failures, or pass the blame on the developers doing their job. The job they were ordered to do.

Last edited:

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
As far as I'm concerned, Hi-Fi Rush succeeded in what it set out to do. Long before that journalist came out with that news, Tango Games even said they are happy with the results and the success of the game. This was a statement just a few weeks after the game that came out, and not without Microsoft statement in that article. Tango made that statement alone. Microsoft is really upset with the sales, then they shouldn't have put it on Game Pass in the first place. That's a problem with a lot of these companies that they have contradictory or overly high and super narrow expectations. It's the same reason there were so many failures of Call of Duty/Gears of War clones, and unnecessary reboots that might as well had different names and not be the game they were supposed. This reason why you had so many unnecessary studio shut downs, because the publishers wouldn't admit their failures, or past the blame for the developers doing their job. The job they were ordered to do.
I mean, they basically followed the indie studio playbook, got numbers that would make an indie studio blush, and then complained that they didn't get AAA numbers.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I find these scenes in the RE Remakes more engaging and take them more seriously than anything from TLOUS I & II (especially that bad edge lord fanfic II), or any game that tries too hard to be "serious, dark, and art", while coming off inept and insecure. I care about what happens to these characters. I can't say the same for the games that are trying to be dark and edgy for the sake of being "subversive and deconstructive". I'm gonna add House of the Dead in being more thoughtful with its characters while I am at it.

Last edited: