2012 Games That You WILL Buy

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
As of right now, it's definitely Max Payne 3 (which seriously no one is talking about, it's really weirding me out. C'mon guys, Max fucking Payne!)

With a "most likely" buy will probably be Bioshock Infinite (Liked the first one, but besides story and twists it really didn't do much for me gameplay wise) and Hitman Absolution.

It's Hitman, and it's been advanced to the modern gaming age. I'm very fucking curious on how much they are gonna remain true to the original games and at the same time awfully worried that it's gonna pull a Splinter Cell; Conviction.

And I'm cautiously optimistic about Treyarch's Call of Duty. After the fiasco that was MW3, and the only big problem with Black Ops was the connection and lag, I'm curious on what they're gonna do.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Got pre-ordered:
Mass Effect 3 N7 Edition
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (Still not out here yet)

None of the rest are definite but hopefully
Final Fantasy XIII-2 (Brother will buy this more than likely)
Hitman Absolution
Borderlands 2/Borderworlds (whatever they call it)
Silent Hill HD Collection
Bioshock Infinite
The Darkness 2
Ghost Recon Future Soldier (Which I don't think anyone has said yet which is disappointing)

There will probably end up being a load of others as well, but these are the main ones I can think of.

=HCFS=Discoman

Jan 1, 2010
Hawken
Mass effect 3
Fallout new Vegas GOTY edition, if it comes out this year
I also intend to get persona 3, persona 3 few, and persona 4. Not new games, but are fun.
Maybe i'll also try to get soul calibur V as well as bushido blade and Bushido blade 2

willis888

May 18, 2010
I plan on buying Diablo III and Planetside 2.

I'm seriously craving Planetside 2. Once I connected with a good Outfit of respectful, disciplined players, Planetside 1 became my favorite game of all time. There is no experience in gaming that compares with two teams of 150 players each fighting over a base for 8 hours, then you and 30 friends on TeamSpeak fly over the base in a transport aircraft, bail out of it over the base as your aircraft starts getting hit by flack and cannon fire from the opposing interceptors and AA, and open a 'chute and land on the roof with the rest of your team. What comes next is le petite mort - your strike team of 30 players cracks open a nut that 150 other players have been unable to penetrate all day, breaking in from the top and clearing a path to the generator that powers the respawn tubes, blowing it up, then defending that generator room until the besieging force can move into the base.

A friend is going to buy Starcraft 2 HotS and I'm looking forward to playing the single player campaign.

bliebblob

Plushy wrangler, die-curious
Sep 9, 2009
Not 100% sure yet if I will get it but noone mentioned it yet:

end of nations

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
I'm eager for Bioshock Infinite and most curious about Overstrike. Bioshock Infinite because I'm a sucker for steampunk and Overstrike because It's hardly been talked about and I always have a tendency for rooting for the underdogs.

Mass Effect 3 would be on my list, if it wasn't for me reading the leaks. They are... most unsettling. Still, it's a blip on my radar but I'm not foaming at the mouth as I used to.

Also, if I recall, didn't The Darkness kind of, well, suck [small](never played it, but reviews and friends told me it wasn't worth it)[/small]? Why are people excited for a sequel? :p

Drummie666

Jan 1, 2011
Definitely:
Prototype 2, the dev commentaries just have me sold, they've really thought every detail through it seems.
Assassin's Creed III, as I am and shall forever be, a screed fanboy.
Medal of Honor: The Next One (What does this one make it, eleven?), I loved the reboot and I very much look forward to what Danger Close comes up with next. (if it's out for 2012, which it probably will be)

What I've got an eye on:
Dishonored, I've got a hard on for stealth games.
Hitman: Absolution, see above.
If it's out for 2012, Splinter Cell 6, again, see above.
Twisted Metal, my brother and I played three when we were kids, so I kinda have to, for nostalgia's sake.
Syndicate, I wasn't around at the time of the original, but this looks like it could be good.
Max Payne 3, the tech demo caught my eye, it looked amazing.
Tomb Raider, I really don't know about this one, it kinda looks unique, so I've got an eye on it, but the gameplay looked quick-timey, which granted I don't have the hate on for QTEs that most gamers seem too, but it didn't look too interesting and that one trailer really didn't raise my hopes for Lara being a strong female character, It only reminded me of the horror that was Metroid other m.

Oh, and Metal Gear Solid Rising if they get sober and realise how badly they've fucked up with Metal Gear Rising: I refuse to say the subtitle.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
I plan on purchasing quite a few games this year. I will be getting most of them for my gaming PC I bought in August of 2011.

Release day purchases.

Mass Effect 3: Collector's Edition PC
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning PC
Bioshock Infinite PC
Syndicate PC
Hitman Absolution PC
Borderlands 2 PC
Diablo 3: Collector's Edition PC
Far Cry 3 PC
The Darkness II PC
Max Payne 3 PC

Those are all the games I have planned on purchasing in 2012. I can't wait for Mass Effect 3 though. I am waiting in eager anticipation for it.

AzureRaven

Jul 21, 2011
Guild Wars 2 is the big one, I'm pushing myself into buying a new laptop just to be able to play it better. (I was going to get a new one anyway, this is just making me want to get it even sooner) Not a whole lot more to say, amazing MMO. Want. Now.

Mass Effect 3 obviously hasn't been getting the kindest of press. Most people didn't like where 2 was going it seems but I didn't mind too much. Cover based shooting isn't an extreme turn-off to me really, and I still found 2 fun, despite my wish for more character stat development. I think the story will still be great because while I'm not a rabid BioWare fanboy, I do generally like their work and I think they'll churn out another good one here. I'm not expecting a revelation of any kind, just a very solid game that I'll really enjoy as the last part of the trilogy I've enjoyed up til now.

Metal Gear Rising is another one. Say what you want about the Metal Gear series...I'll admit many of the criticisms are true, but they've always been fun and engaging to me. I even love their over-the-top plot and the cutscenes that drag on for hours. Yep. Obviously this one is way out there as far as Metal Gear goes, being all about the action rather than the stealth, but it still looks interesting to say the least, and I'm looking forward to seeing what they can do with it.

I think that about covers it for must-haves.

romanator0

Jun 3, 2011
Guild Wars 2 and Torchlight 2 are the only games I absolutely know I'm buying.

Borderlands 2 I'll most likely get alongside Bioshock: Infinite.

Gordon_4_v1legacy

Aug 22, 2010
Mass Effect 3; this is my fight and I will bring my crew home.

Tekken Tag 2; actual fun to be had with my friends again with Tekken YAY.

The_Blue_Rider

Sep 4, 2009
Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition
Mass Effect 3
Borderlands 2
Asura's Wrath (Depending on when its released)
Assassins Creed 3(Or whatever they end up calling it)

Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head, there might be one or two more though

Hugga_Bear

May 13, 2010
Diablo 3 if it's on PS3.
Bioshock Infinite (aw yeah)
Maybe Battlefield 3 in summer if my clan is still on it...

Krantos

Jun 30, 2009
Good chance for Dishonored.

Other than that there are no announced titles that I'm particularly interested in.

Hitmand: Absolution and Borderlands 2 are maybes but I'll need a lot of convincing before considering buying them.