2012, Mayan end date.

Mr Inconsistent

Mar 29, 2009
Jolly Madness said:
"Hey, what're you doing?" - "'m making a calendar" - "ooh... fancy, how long can we use it?" - "Meh, "2012 is aaaaages away, someone'll probably've made a new one by then" - "Whatever"

But acopalypse could be cool too.
this guy got it wright btw^^

Zenode

Jan 21, 2009
Didnt Nostradamus predict the world would end in 2012 as well....

But personally i think its a load of rubbish if it does happen i hope its quick and painless

Azraellod

Dec 23, 2008
dammit people listen to me. the calander doesnt just randomly end on that day, that is the day when the 5th world ends and the 6th world begins. i made it very freaking clear in my previous post. its not just a matter of "im bored, lets stop making the calander, were ahead of schedule anyway"

i dont belive in the prophecy myself, but i really wish people would get their freaking facts right

edit: slight clarification to 1st paragraph

dwightsteel

Feb 7, 2007
Vicente de Lisboa said:
2012. Won't Sarah Palin be running for President of the US then?
Read a newspaper. She won't run. Practically everyone hates her now. She's supposed to be the governor for our state, yet she spends so little time here. Besides, the republicans are getting tired of her "I'm a crazy *****" bullshit as well.

Circus Ascendant

Jul 9, 2008
Zenode said:

But personally i think its a load of rubbish if it does happen i hope its quick and painless
Nostradamus predicted it'd end in 1999 for God's sake, why would you predict the world would end twice on two separate dates? Hedging your bets?

What will happen on 21st December 2012 is that...

*drumroll*

Every Escapist user will become aware of the search button. The amount of new threads created each day PLUMMETS and the traffic the Escapist receives hits rock bottom.

I've seen this thread about six times in the past few months. Everybody thinks it's bullshit. Give it a rest.

Raregolddragon

Oct 26, 2008
This has gotten out of hand nothing is going to happen were not all going to die or anything we have a high chance of the Reps showing up and living with us which in most cases not such a bad thing.

After all if you own land in a dry hot area you start a vacation resort for them but now I am get off subject.

Martymer

Mar 17, 2009
Zenode said:

I believe his prediction was 1999. But he probably made more than one guess...

NeoDeath90

Feb 11, 2009
Well, If we do all die, I want it to be flashy. I want to quote The Matrix with my final words by saying "Woah....."

Darky252

Feb 27, 2009
I know nothing is going to happen but it would be cool to witness the end of the world.

Next Chewbacca

Mar 30, 2009
I think the end of the Mayan calendar and the fortune from the Book of Prophecy are just coincidences, very amazing coincidences, but I really don't think anything is going to happen.
Also, I just think that the Mayans were lazy.

pantsoffdanceoff

Jun 14, 2008
Maybe the Mayans got tired of writing down number left it at 2012 and said "we'll get around to 3000 sooner or later".

cuddly_tomato

Nov 12, 2008
0110100110 said:
When scholars first began to study the ancient Mayan culture, which flourished in Latin America during the first millennium, they were surprised to discover how highly developed Mayan knowledge of astronomy was. The Mayans were able to predict astronomical events such as eclipses with perfect accuracy far into the future. But something else struck the scholars too : for some reason the Mayan calendar came to an abrupt end on December 21 2012. What did this mean?
It was so far in the future they just couldn't be arsed with it. All of the people propogating this 2012 shit need to answer one question - the Mayans had to end their calendar somewhere, why does it mean that is the end of the world? I can't find a modern calendar that goes past 2015, does that mean we all know the world is going to stop in 2014?

It's all crap. All of it.

Vicente de Lisboa

Apr 14, 2009
dwightsteel said:
Read a newspaper. She won't run. Practically everyone hates her now. She's supposed to be the governor for our state, yet she spends so little time here. Besides, the republicans are getting tired of her "I'm a crazy *****" bullshit as well.
Well that's a pity really. Going down with a full-out nuclear war started by a woman would be very old-testament-like cool.