A sad day for the escapist, as we have lost a dear friend

DRSH1989

Aug 20, 2010
I did not know Kortney, I'm just an EscapistTroll & don't pay much attention to other posters usually, but I cannot imagine what it would be like to have 2 broken legs because of a stupid car accident... well what's done is done & all I can say is cliche, but I'll say it anyway:
I'm sure that deep down Kortney was a nice person & deserved better than what she got... hopefully she is now in a better place or as some would put it into words better than myself: Death is not the end. It is only the beginning.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
I had several friends and acquaintances die from car accidents... always sucks...

My prayers go out to her...

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
I think I may have seen here posts from time to time, but I'm not sure.

Regardless, it's very unfortunate what happened, and my thoughts go out to her family and friends (particularly to her parents. No parent should have to bury thier child).

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
i think i have read a bunch of posts from her and i have definitely seen the avatar around.
it's always bad when people die before their time, especially because of something as random and stupid as a car accident.

KaosuHamoni

Apr 7, 2010
I didn't know her, but anyone dying is a sad affair, and for it to happen in such a sudden, and shocking manner, saddens me deeply, and reminds me just how fragile life is. At times we can feel like we are invincible, but all it takes is something like this, to bring you straight back down to bitter, harsh reality.

That's all I have to say on the matter. My condolences to her family, and the people who knew her well enough to call themselves her friends.

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
"Though the beauty of the shooting star is fleeting, all one must do to immortalize it is to remember it."

Rest In Peace, dear sister. Though we have never met, may we meet each other one day to recount the beauty of the skies we traveled...

GeneWard

Feb 23, 2011
Though I did not know her, she has my most solemn condolences, and may her memory live on forever.

freakyalex

Nov 20, 2009
My sympathies to her friends and her family. I'm afraid I didn't know her well enough to offer anything more meaningful, but I wish her the best, wherever she is now.

Macrobstar

Apr 28, 2010
Gladion said:
I never knew this person and therefore cannot say something about her other than that I'm sorry for your loss, I just want to say:

Stuff like this does not fucking belong on the fucking internet. I won't say any more things out of respect, as I don't want this to turn into an argument.
Dude I'm just going to ask, how did you think people where gonna react to this?
OT: RIP, another person taken before there time :(

Oly J

Nov 9, 2009
like a lot of the posters I did not know the person in question, but all the same my deepest sympathies go out to all those effected, I know that nothing I or anyone else can say can do much to ease the pain something like this would cause, but I wouldn't feel right if I didn't at least offer my condolences

jpoon

Mar 26, 2009
I wish her bodily energies the best, she has moved back to the earth, we will all join her there one day.

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
Damn....

Well this is just terrible, My condolences to her family.

Killed so young as well. :-(

Spaceodin

Feb 14, 2011
Life Is A Journey

Birth is a beginning
and death a destination
And life is a journey:
From childhood to maturity
and youth to age;
From innocence to awareness
and ignorance to knowing;
From foolishness to desecration
and then perhaps to wisdom.
From weakness to strength or
from strength to weakness
and often back again;
From health to sickness
and we pray to health again.
From offense to forgiveness
from loneliness to love
from joy to gratitude
from pain to compassion
from grief to understanding
from fear to faith.
From defeat to defeat to defeat
until looking backwards or ahead
We see that victory lies not
at some high point along the way
but in having made the journey
step by step
a sacred pilgrimage.
Birth is a beginning
and death a destination
And life is a journey;
A sacred journey to life everlasting

© Author Unknown
RIP Kortney

Milo Windby

Feb 12, 2010
I have to admit I did not know her and I don't think I ever saw any of her posts.
However reading the original post and understanding how much of a blow it was made me feel sad and I hope her friends and family are able to be strong through this.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Kortney said:
There are some major ones, that I won't post on the internet.

But I always do wish I spent more time with my friends from my childhood. They are now either different people or have moved so far away they feel like different people. Hell, some of them are dead. I long for the days I spent with my close friends when I was a child and I would love to see them all again.

But hey, you have to be realistic don't you? And this stuff happens in life. It happens to everyone. I'd just like to see them one more time. Even just to say good bye.
The fact that this was her last post brought up a tear in my eye, and I hope no-one will find it disrespectful of me for posting this quote. I just thought this post demonstrates how sad it is that she died, and what person the world now has lost. I have to say it would be hypocritical of me to say I knew her well and that I will miss her a lot, I saw her posts now and then, and I liked her, but I have never talked directly to her.
I saw your post when she got into the accident, and when I saw the title of this one I genuinely hoped this was not a continued post from that.
I wish you well, and hope that both you and her family finds peace with her passing. My condolences.

MegaManOfNumbers

Mar 3, 2010
Though I never saw her face,
Nor her thoughts or beliefs,
I salute to a fellow human.
Bind by not friendship, blood,
Nor thoughts or even glances,
But by sympathy.

Rest in peace, and smile in peace...
Kortney, our latest Escapist.