All New Pokemon from Pokemon Black & White Revealed

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
captaincabbage said:
Most of them are shit except for the seaturtle and its evo and the Caiman and it's evolutions.
I was thinking the same. My favourite is the seaturtle, by far. The caiman has a lot of goog ideas and nice progression but it ended up a little too...penis-y for my taste.

Domou

Dec 3, 2008
One of them looks like a Yorkie...I find that slightly silly.

But eh. Some of the new ones look cool, some look like copies of old Pokemon, and some look quite retarded(like the red and yellow stern gopher). Ah well...I might not buy it, but we'll see. >->'

PrototypeC

Apr 19, 2009
Huh. Well now, I would say that I like about 6 or 7 of them, which is far more than I thought I'd like. Of course, 3 of that number is the ghost/fire(?) candelabra/chandelier group.

I'm surprised that the vast majority of these look not gag-enducing, which is a huge step up from the last two groups. That doesn't mean that Pokemon is back on it's feet, for me; the perfect Pokemon game, Soulsilver, has already been made and I'm happy.

soilent

Jan 2, 2010
BrunDeign said:
Almost all of them are really original but three of them kinda kill the buzz.

A. One looks like a sarcophagus with spaghetti shadow arms.

B. One looks like a mushroom with a pokeball for a cap

C. The evolved form of B has pokeball symbols for hands... what?
ok, for one thing, A looks badass, also, B is obviously just another voltorb game to fuck with us, O LEWK AN EYETEM, ONOEZ A FITE!

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
John Funk said:
dududf said:
What's wrong with a Fire/Fighter starter?

I think my Blaziken would like to have a word with you funk :D
Nothing, it's a great combination.

If only this didn't make the third time in a row we've had it, after Blaziken, Infernape, and now Porcano or whatever its name is.
HIS NAME IS PIGNITION.

I refuse to believe anything else.

Prof. Monkeypox

Mar 17, 2010
I am Omega said:
John Funk said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Wow, new gen Pokemon look shite now don't they? *Hugs Pokemon Soulsilver* Ah, back when pokemon looked awesome.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Dunsparce_%28Pok%C3%A9mon%29

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Sunkern_%28Pok%C3%A9mon%29

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Magneton_%28Pok%C3%A9mon%29

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Aipom_%28Pok%C3%A9mon%29

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Mr._Mime_%28Pok%C3%A9mon%29

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Smeargle_%28Pok%C3%A9mon%29

Sorry, you were saying? :p
Glad to see someone else is able to criticize Gen 1 and Gen 2 pokemon. They give the new ones a lot of flack, but there were some in the first few that were just... wtf. (I'm looking at YOU, Magneton. But all is forgiven since Magnezone came along...)
Really? I didn't mind magneton, but I thought magnezone was really weird looking.

I think the new pokes look anywhere from passable to "F-ing A," with... one notable exception...
that pink elephant thing, the one with smkoe coming out of his head. What the hell is that thing?

(#517-518)

tmujir955

Oct 12, 2009
Flying-Emu said:
John Funk said:
dududf said:
What's wrong with a Fire/Fighter starter?

I think my Blaziken would like to have a word with you funk :D
Nothing, it's a great combination.

If only this didn't make the third time in a row we've had it, after Blaziken, Infernape, and now Porcano or whatever its name is.
HIS NAME IS PIGNITION.

I refuse to believe anything else.
PIGNIFY -> PIGNITE -> PIGNITION

SO MUCH FUCKING WIN HERE.

MB202

Sep 14, 2008
Some of them are actually kind of cool!

Most of them, though, are stupid and weird-looking, and especially near the end, you can tell they were either just throwing together designs at the last minute or just didn't care anymore.

PrototypeC

Apr 19, 2009
MB202 said:
Most of them, though, are stupid and weird-looking, and especially near the end, you can tell they were either just throwing together designs at the last minute or just didn't care anymore.
There's a garbage bag pokemon. It evolves into a broken garbage bag pokemon.
*sobbing*

Kyman102

Apr 16, 2009
PrototypeC said:
MB202 said:
There's a garbage bag pokemon. It evolves into a broken garbage bag pokemon.
*sobbing*
And this is inherently inferior to a toxic blob evolving into a BIGGER blob? Look, I don't think any of these Pokemon are worth crying over. There are misses (I admit, a lot of the legendaries are... Eh) there are nice ones (Ice cream and gears... Fun, nothing phenominal) and there are awesome ones. (Dragon with an axe for a face, a hydra, a royal grass snake, a chandelier with five evil purple flames... WIN!)

But if this actually makes you cry, I'm sorry, you're pathetic. v.v

ender214

Oct 30, 2008
And the Pokemon series' artwork continues to grow stranger and stranger. Not that that's a bad thing...

Wakefield

Aug 3, 2009

I adore this pokemon to death. I love turtles and it has a wicked design. It's definitely on my team.

kuposenpai

Nov 23, 2009
http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon.shtml

there's one psy type looks like a cross between...
between...

Green Eggs & Ham.. and a fetus.

Hithlain

Keeper of Ying
Nov 25, 2008
WHERE ARE THE EEVEES?

Whoa, got a little ahead of myself. If pokemon were irl, I would be the one with the creepy eevee sanctuary.

infernovolver

Jun 11, 2008

What the fuck is this even supposed to be? It's got lances for arms, and it's body is like one big helmet with no legs.(IT's not even a jousting helmet :<)

Gears. Really?
Just... Gears.

A sea lamprey. Well, they are certainly the cutest sea lampreys I've ever seen. Perhaps these will start ferociously attacking magikarps and you can find these instead when surfing or fishing. That'd be a nice break from the norm. Now if we can only thin out the population of tentacools.

I had no idea it would come to this. This is my favorite pokemon as far as aesthetics go from 5th gen. It's a zebra. You can clearly tell it's based off of a real animal, it doesn't have any ridiculous hyper stylization, doesn't have messes of protruding extremities, and it's not all cutesy. I am so underwhelmed with the designs from 5th gen.

Kyman102

Apr 16, 2009
XinfiniteX said:
Hmmm, is it just me or are they getting harder and harder to pronounce?
Well, I'm sure they'll be easier to pronounce when the game comes out in America. I mean, I'm sure that the little grass deer (Which is awesome BTW) won't hit these shores with the name Shikijika