Am I Going to Die?

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
One time I was really stoned and had the munches really bad. I came downstairs to the kitchen and spied one of those rotisserie cooked chickens that my family had eaten some of, before going out for the evening.

I tore off a big chunk of breast meat and wolfed it down, but as I swallowed a bone which was hidden in the meat got stuck, horizontally in my throat. Then as my throat convulsed the bone snapped and the sharp half pieced right through the back of my throat.

I couldn't breath and my body made me vomit and retch in a vain attempt to remove the obstruction, which was impossibly speared in my throat. I honestly though I was going to die and as I dropped to my knees, my vision blacking out, I made a superhuman 'do or die' lifesaving move, I shoved my hand inside my mouth (almost dislocating my jaw), managed to get my fingers down my throat (my gag reflex wasn't relevant at this point), and luckily managed to grab hold of the end of the bone and pull it out of my throat.

I was literally on death's door and would have died if I hadn't done that almost impossible act of contortion and reach deep down into my own throat. I actually had a sore jaw and teeth gouges along my arm from doing so, but i know that if I hadn't done that I would have died for sure.

Colonel Rosso

Jan 1, 2009
Assassinator said:
Shrifes said:
scoHish said:
Evilbunny said:
When I got diagnosed with cancer I was pretty sure I was gonna die within the next few months. Still alive, though. That was two years ago this June.
You got me and all the rest of the Escapist pullin' for you bro.
Definitely going to second that statement.
Fourtheth (or however the hell you spell that) here, all but luck to you.
5thed. I hope someone finds the cure for you

I was in Fifth grade, singing sunday mass in the church choir. We were all forced to stand for about 45 minutes and I start feeling dizzy. The guy who stood next to me, tells me "you don't look so hot." I tell him I'm fine. The chiormaster glares at us and hisses "shutup." Then my vision fills with dark green mist, and I can barely see.I feel really dizzy, and almost fall down. The chiormaster has one of the other boys take me to the bathroom under the church. I drink out of the faucet and sit down on the toilet. (not producing excrement)In under a minute, I felt a lot better, but through the entire episode, I thought I was going to die. I had other attacks like this after this, in one of which I fell down on the floor of a parking garage.

j0frenzy

Dec 26, 2008
It was just a benign tumor made of muscle tissue. I don't really know much more than that.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Fell through a rickety bridge over deep rapids. Never have I grabbed shattered wood that fast- and never will again (I still have a small scar on my hand).

DeusFps

Sep 3, 2008
sneak_copter said:
I got stung by a Jellyfish in Egypt.

Doe'snt sound spectacular, but it was on my genitals.
That was THE MOST PAINFUL THING IN THE WORLD.
Sorry but I lol'd

Iammatt

Feb 21, 2009
I have this problem where i cant stop throwing stuff in the air and when i was little i was laying down and thorugh this like marble thing in the air and it fell down my throat and i was choking on it.I coughed like crazy and then it dissapeared.I didnt no if i coughed it out or swallowed it but something happened..

EchetusXe

Jun 19, 2008
I haven't, I once fainted for no apparent reason and as I lay on the floor wondered if I was seriously ill or something. But, who knows what it was cuz I got up and was fine.

Can't really think of anything else, I have a repressed memory of when I was a little boy being threatened by two teenage boys that they were going to tie me to a chair and leave me to die but I can't remember if that actually happened or if it was just a nightmare from long ago. Anyway, whether it was a dream or reality or not I cried and they relented and walked away. So even if it actually happened it looks like they wouldn't have done anything.

But no illnesses or close shaves or anything.

bart12300

Feb 4, 2009
I was on vacation in Hawaii with my parents (I was 5 at the time) and I was at the pool. I was playing around on the steps and was wearing water wings, and I figured since I was in swimming lessons back home I could handle the deep end. My mom had to go grab something from our chairs and my dad was just coming back from the room. Anyways, my water wings must have been loose, because they both slipped off right away as soon as I went off the steps and I went under. All I remember is seeing the light from the surface of the water and then I blacked out. I woke up about 5 minutes later on the side of the pool with my dad trying to get me to breathe again.

Didn't really affect me though, I absolutely love swimming and I'm on the swim team now. Ironic, huh?

Ranooth

BEHIND YOU!!
Mar 26, 2008
Staring into the eyes of the driver of the car that is about to hit you is quite a scary moment.

Thankfully the idiot driving was able to turn a bit and i was able to jump out of the way in time. Still hurt my arm though.

omicronpercei

Feb 4, 2009
fullmetalangel said:
I once went to the ER because I had a fever of 42C. That's pretty close to dying I suppose.

edit: That's 107.6F for those of you who use Fahrenheit... Down with Fahrenheit, it makes no sense.
It makes sense when you grow up with it. I personally don't get the metric system but I know it's only cause I didnt grow up with it

Madshaw

Jun 18, 2008
fullmetalangel said:
I once went to the ER because I had a fever of 42C. That's pretty close to dying I suppose.

edit: That's 107.6F for those of you who use Fahrenheit... Down with Fahrenheit, it makes no sense.
DOWN WITH CELCIUS

you were 315 Kelvin

SnowCold

Oct 1, 2008
fullmetalangel said:

Celciuse till the death!

SnowCold

Oct 1, 2008
When I was 3 or 4, My finger got crushed by a really think steel door, I didn't even got a scrach, but as a 3 year old, when you finger is being crushed by an evil door, and no one is hearing your cry for help, you think you are gonna die...

Those were the long 10 seconds of my life...

omicronpercei

Feb 4, 2009
fullmetalangel said:
omicronpercei said:
It makes sense when you grow up with it. I personally don't get the metric system but I know it's only cause I didnt grow up with it
Grown up with it or not, the anchor points in the Fahrenheit system make no sense (0 degrees is the temperature of a mixture of ice and salt? Can someone say "WTF?"), this is like the tenth time I've had this argument though, so you can just look it up yourself on Wikipedia, I don't want to bother.

Madshaw said:
DOWN WITH CELCIUS

you were 315 Kelvin
Kelvin's not practical for every day use though, the numbers are too big. I do agree it's the best system though.
Agreed. And I'm not defending Fahrenheit. I personally cant understand how anything above 0 degrees can be freezing. I prefer to think of 0 Degrees as the freezing point. I however am surrounded by morons and if I used that system everyday people would look at me like I'm tarded

Railu

Aug 7, 2008
snowplow said:
I might've died when a tree branch fell on me and narrowly missed my head. If it did hit, it could've only caused a bruise, or perhaps paralysis, or maybe death. Hard to say really. Luckily it only ripped my bookbag.

Didn't really have time to think about dying though, it happened kinda instantly.
I've had many, many near misses too. I think I have a guardian angel, because of how many times I've been inches away from getting hit by cars rounding corners while looking the other direction. I also had a 10 foot steel pole fall down from a high-rise construction and miss me just barely. Slipped a few times while climbing a mountain with no where to go but a few hundred feet down. Once I actually slid down a glacier and stopped about 10 feet away from the edge where it dropped onto a river bed about a hundred feet down.

Never anything where I thought death was imminent, they all just happened so fast I didn't even have time to sink in what was going on (except for the glacier one, that scared the bejeezus out of me).

A note for anyone who has a crazy (stupid) friend who says you don't need an ice-ax to cross a glacier because he's done it before... don't listen. I suppose I'm just as crazy (stupid) as he was because I tried.

Aluathay

Dec 13, 2008
My first migraine, I mean I was in 5th grade! my vision was weird I saw blotches, my head hurt extremely bad and I was throwing up.

implodingMan

Apr 9, 2008
Honestly, I've never been afraid for my own life. Even when my life is in terrible danger I generally just have an expression of mild concern. Falling off a cliff and being impaled on a branch was probably the worst thing to happen to me, and even then I was just wondering whether or not I should pull it out and try to walk or sit and chill. To clarify, it did hurt like hell and I wasn't very happy, but "this could kill me" never popped into my head.

thefrizzlefry

Feb 20, 2009
Well, I have horrible sinuses, and one time in 7th grade I went to bed, and I couldn't breathe through my nose. My brain didn't get enough oxygen that night. I didn't die, luckily, but I woke up in a euphoric state. By that I mean that I could FEEL TIME PASS.

justnotcricket

Echappe, retire, sous sus PANIC!
Apr 24, 2008
Mine was more an after the fact feeling in that just as I stepped out from under a stone portico in Munich in winter, a huge clump of ice (seriously, even shattered on the ground it was up to my knee) slithered off the thing and landed on the exact spot I had just been occupying - I looked at it in the absolute horror of someone who knows they just lucked out, bigtime. It would have caved my head in!