An end to racism and discrimination?

BNguyen

Mar 10, 2009
Rooster Cogburn said:
leontyrone said:
I never said free will or independent thought was wrong, I simply stated that by eliminating separate races by merging and by learning a single language, and following a simple moral code of decency, we could live in a much more peaceful world
We heard you, we heard you. Nevertheless, your vision for the future by it's very nature demands conformity and submission to- to whatever organization you propose to run this thing. How can I be free if my obedience is essential, my culture is demolished and replaced, and my morals are crafted to suit the needs of the state? What choice would I ever be able to make? Today I chose to speak out against my government. Does your society allow me this right? Today I chose to listen to The Doors, even though all my friends listen to- some rap guy. Does your society give me this right? By your own account, no, it doesn't. My submission is absolute and my culture is prescribed.

You never say that free will or independent thought is wrong, but you do propose ending it in favor of the public order. I'll die first.
riplikash said:
And there is the crux of it I guess. You hate being human. Hapiness isn't your value, nor advancement, nor thought. Accomlpishment and personal growth. You merely value safety and equity. You would rather be an ant.

Everyone says your solution ends free will, because we have the intelligence to follow thought to its logical conclusion, to read between the lines. For your plan to work, free will must end.

Quarreling is important, because it is the natural result off free will and diversity. You wish to end quarreling, therefor you wish to end free will. You wish to end suffering, therefor you wish to end free will (and the ability to make poor choices). You wish to have everyone work equally, therefor you wish to end free will (to choose how much we want to work. You wish to ensure safety, therefor you wish to end free will.

By wishing to eliminate bad, you eliminate good.

Well this has been fun. Good night troll.
No, though I do wish to end quarreling, I wish to end its pointlessness.
Quarreling is good, it helps to solve problems, but quarreling for the wrong reasons needs to end.
Everyone should have to work an equal share, no one who works less should earn more than another who works more. What does safety have to do with free will? And why shouldn't everyone be safe, if they truly deserve to be?

BNguyen

Mar 10, 2009
Rooster Cogburn said:
leontyrone said:
I never said free will or independent thought was wrong, I simply stated that by eliminating separate races by merging and by learning a single language, and following a simple moral code of decency, we could live in a much more peaceful world
We heard you, we heard you. Nevertheless, your vision for the future by it's very nature demands conformity and submission to- to whatever organization you propose to run this thing. How can I be free if my obedience is essential, my culture is demolished and replaced, and my morals are crafted to suit the needs of the state? What choice would I ever be able to make? Today I chose to speak out against my government. Does your society allow me this right? Today I chose to listen to The Doors, even though all my friends listen to- some rap guy. Does your society give me this right? By your own account, no, it doesn't. My submission is absolute and my culture is prescribed.

You never say that free will or independent thought is wrong, but you do propose ending it in favor of the public order. I'll die first.

Ugh, another one.
Your obidence is not required, just follow a moral code of decency.
You are free to choose after that.
Though your culture may be replaced, you are still an individual.
In a better world, there would be no need for any form of government, you would govern your own life as long as it does not hurt others.
Every one is free to be an individual as long as it does not truly impede on the individuality of another.

Rooster Cogburn

May 24, 2008
leontyrone said:
Ugh, another one.
In a better world, there would be no need for any form of government, you would govern your own life as long as it does not hurt others.
Every one is free to be an individual as long as it does not truly impede on the individuality of another.
I was giving you the benefit of the doubt, but after this post, I cannot believe you are seriously entertaining these ideas. I'm out.

Handofpwn

Aug 6, 2008
leontyrone said:
Rooster Cogburn said:
leontyrone said:

Ugh, another one.
You act as if it is a surprise that people oppose this idea. The fact that everything people love, danger, excitement, laziness (in themselves) means that you will be almost universally opposed.
Good night, i heard there are some goats under the bridge in the next town over.

BNguyen

Mar 10, 2009
The individual is free to his or her own beliefs as long as their beliefs do not cause harm to befall others.
If we are all created equal, then a slacker should carry his load and not put it upon the shoulders of others.
It is by these moral codes that we can live better.
1. do not kill
2. do not commit adultery
3. do not steal
4. do not bear false witness against your neighbor
5. carry your fair share
6. love thy neighbor and enemy as you love yourself

without an enemy, you would not know what is right
Therefore those who believe that racism and discrimination should continue and that the world is better for it including wars and death, they show me just how corrupt they really are.

BNguyen

Mar 10, 2009
handofpwn said:
leontyrone said:
Rooster Cogburn said:
leontyrone said:

Ugh, another one.
You act as if it is a surprise that people oppose this idea. The fact that everything people love, danger, excitement, laziness (in themselves) means that you will be almost universally opposed.
Good night, i heard there are some goats under the bridge in the next town over.
by another one I meant someone who claims I say kill free will
I know people oppose my ideas because they are so put into this mind state that without racism free will ceases to exist that they can't see that by ending it, free will continues to exist.
You are an enemy of a better world, a world where nobody hates their neighbor and shows him respect for his existence rather than despise his very being. Yeah, yeah, three billy goats gruff my a$$. Your stone hide refuses to move for the sake of progress.

Ultrajoe

Omnichairman
Apr 24, 2008
It is at this point i think we should stop feeding the troll, be he deliberatley doing this or not. Either way he is unwilling to bend on his points, and this can only end poorly.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
leontyrone said:
Ugh, another one.
I would rather die. Also what's better in your mind isn't what's better in everyones mind.

CapnGod

Sep 6, 2008
You assume existence demands respect. I say your very premise is bullshit. Existence does not demand respect. One does not deserve respect in merely existing.

Seldon2639

Feb 21, 2008
elemenetal150 said:
maximilian said:
Hail Hitler.
Agreed

Plus OP who is to say what culture would be the best to use.....certainly not the USA's culture
I had to respond to this, because we would need to define which culture is "best". Call be jingoistic, but I can't come up with a better culture than America's to use as the basis for this new utopia. Freedom, democracy, equality; I'm not seeing where there's another individual culture that's better. England's probably on par (a bit too much nanny-state-ism), Japan's culture is a bit too crazy in a lot of areas. We could go back to Roman culture, but then we've got slaves and murder. Seriously, for all the legitimate flaws with America and American culture, who in the world is significantly better?

BNguyen

Mar 10, 2009
This world isn't worth helping.
If anybody gives a solution to a problem, people will immediately call them killers of free will for thinking that way, in any situation.
You call me a troll, I am a stone in a river and you are water, ever trying to push me out of the way because I am an obstacle to your endless flow, never changing, even if it's for the better.
If you believe that racism and discrimination should continue then you also believe that humans should continue to wage wars, steal and kill others, make them slaves and drive them to suicide all so to remain in your so-called individual state.
Yeah, I'm an individual, but an individual who does not think of only myself but who cares about the sad direction this world is going in and wants to make it better.
Saving this world is pointless if its full of people who love and care only for themselves.

"I can't see the redeemers for all the sinners."

BNguyen

Mar 10, 2009
CapnGod said:
You assume existence demands respect. I say your very premise is bullshit. Existence does not demand respect. One does not deserve respect in merely existing.
It's selfish people like you who don't deserve respect. You care for yourself, see only yourself and you place yourself at the top and look down upon others. I exist, therefore I believe I deserve to be acknowledged about my existence, I deserve to be respected for wanting for this world rather than myself.
I'd rather give up my life for my family, friends, and enemies if I knew they would be safe and secure till the end of their days. You'd rather die for yourself rather than save a dying friend.

ljstowell

Feb 9, 2009
You guys have it all wrong, to end all racism and discrimination, you simply eliminate the source of it. Eradication of the humans is clearly the only solution. How can you have a problem if there is no one to produce it?

Your idea is flawed. Whose language would be selected to be the 'universal language?' There could be terrible wars fought about that. And your dream of a world wide agricultural commune? A joke, why would everyone want to work on a farm, who would build our opulent extravagances that we all enjoy? How could you post stupid threads showing you just finished your first sociology class at college? There would be no college, because we are all working in the fields.

If everyone is special no one is, if everyone is the same... well that is just fucking boring, no?

BNguyen

Mar 10, 2009
ljstowell said:
You guys have it all wrong, to end all racism and discrimination, you simply eliminate the source of it. Eradication of the humans is clearly the only solution. How can you have a problem if there is no one to produce it?

Your idea is flawed. Whose language would be selected to be the 'universal language?' There could be terrible wars fought about that. And your dream of a world wide agricultural commune? A joke, why would everyone want to work on a farm, who would build our opulent extravagances that we all enjoy? How could you post stupid threads showing you just finished your first sociology class at college? There would be no college, because we are all working in the fields.

If everyone is special no one is, if everyone is the same... well that is just fucking boring, no?
If there had to be a choice, then the language would have to be Latin, the route of all languages. (besides, before Babylon, wars were fought for greed, not language.
If you had a farm, crops, animals, and everything else, and then suddenly the economy collapsed, you would never have to worry about feeding yourself or your family. You're too into materialism. "Who will build the car I take for granted? Who will put together the next game that I waited all my life to have and will probably sell 10 years down the road." You selfish prick.
To tell the truth, I've never taken a sociology class nor do I ever want to. I don't need to study humans from a book when I can read about who they truly are.
I'd rather be a farmer and never have to worry about food or the loss of a job rather than creating presentations for some company that will probably fire me for the next hottest thing.

CapnGod

Sep 6, 2008
leontyrone said:
CapnGod said:
It's selfish people like you who don't deserve respect. You care for yourself, see only yourself and you place yourself at the top and look down upon others. I exist, therefore I believe I deserve to be acknowledged about my existence, I deserve to be respected for wanting for this world rather than myself.
I'd rather give up my life for my family, friends, and enemies if I knew they would be safe and secure till the end of their days. You'd rather die for yourself rather than save a dying friend.
Get over yourself. You deserve no respect. Especially not with the world view you espouse. You deserve to be reviled. I don't believe that you should respect me because I exist. If I wanted your respect (and I certainly don't) I'd want it because I espouse the belief that difference is good, humanity can better itself, and that I'm not some bottom pandering feel-gooder.

I would not give up my life for my enemies. Your forced altruism is disgusting. It is antithetical to progress. Crawl back in to whatever hole you crawled out of, please. Your vision for the future is dystopian and hateful in nature, and I'd prefer violent death in its opposition than existence in its slavery.

Hookman

Jul 2, 2008
leontyrone said:
Advances in technology are driven by necessity, not entirely by war. Show me one good, helpful invention that was the result of a war.
Radar
Anyway your entire argument is flawed by one thing,you will never,ever manage to get every human being to participate.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
CapnGod said:
leontyrone said:
CapnGod said:
Get over yourself. You deserve no respect. Especially not with the world view you espouse. You deserve to be reviled. I don't believe that you should respect me because I exist. If I wanted your respect (and I certainly don't) I'd want it because I espouse the belief that difference is good, humanity can better itself, and that I'm not some bottom pandering feel-gooder.

I would not give up my life for my enemies. Your forced altruism is disgusting. It is antithetical to progress. Crawl back in to whatever hole you crawled out of, please. Your vision for the future is dystopian and hateful in nature, and I'd prefer violent death in its opposition than existence in its slavery.
Thank you so very much for saying everything (or at least almost everything) that needed to be said. I am currently wondering why this topic has not been locked.

On topic it is human nature to advance and become more materialistic. Even during peace technology progresses and with that technology comes new forms of entertainment which bring more materialism. It is perfectly normal and is the way people have been working since the start of humanity.

Rajin Cajun

Sep 12, 2008
If the OP is serious I suggest we cull the Genepool his heavy handed Totalitarianism even makes me the Authoritarian feel uncomfortable.