Apologize on behalf of your country

Malo_Tux

Dec 23, 2010
Braonan said:
Malo_Tux said:
On behalf of America, I apologize about the years 1600 to 2010
Dude you guys sort of created baseball. Not to mention southern food.
Chief Metacom's head was put on a stake in the middle of Plymouth in 1676, I would say we over did it by a lot

darkknight9

Feb 21, 2010
Ah... s
Braonan said:
darkknight9 said:
Braonan said:
Solving the Suez Canal Crisis, while creating peacekeepers.
Peacekeepers.
Everybody ought to thank Canada for: rapists? No thanks. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A30286-2005Mar12.html
I looked, but I could not find Canada or Canadians mentioned in your source. But yeah, maybe your right our world has no need for a standing peacekeeping force. That would just be insane. I mean look at what a fool Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire was for trying to prevent genocide.
If you take credit for the peacekeepers, then you take their baggage too. Way too many folks abused at the hands of peacekeepers. Dallaire may not have, and I don't think *he* did. But if Canada is responsible for the creation of the peacekeepers, then the rapes are on canuck hands.

starwarsgeek

Nov 30, 2009
RatRace123 said:
Sorry for trying to take over the world and for the deep south and for the KFC chicken thing and for accepting Justin Bieber and making her into the icon she is today.
As an American, I appologize for pretentious northeners keeping stereotypes alive to this day. And for the haters that talk about Bieber more than his obsessive fangirls ever will.

spookydom

Aug 31, 2009
Braonan said:
spookydom said:
Lord Wafflemire said:
spookydom said:
And you kicked our ass. Australia did not do that on account of them trying to steal each others sheep and making weird suits of armour like what Ned Kelly had. We left Australia to self autonomous rule becouse we could not be arsed with them anymore. And in the future they would invent Kylie Minogue.
I assume you're british then.
I am. But Australia still invented Kylie Minogue.

Kylie and Dannii Minogue <3
Braonan said:
spookydom said:
Lord Wafflemire said:
spookydom said:
And you kicked our ass. Australia did not do that on account of them trying to steal each others sheep and making weird suits of armour like what Ned Kelly had. We left Australia to self autonomous rule becouse we could not be arsed with them anymore. And in the future they would invent Kylie Minogue.
I assume you're british then.
I am. But Australia still invented Kylie Minogue.
Kylie and Dannii Minogue <3
Good point well made.

darkknight9

Feb 21, 2010
TeacakeWeasel said:
On behalf of Australia, I apoligise for...
Also, I apoligise for that terrible chant we always use at sporting events (You know which one).
THAT WAS YOU!!!! OMG!!!

Just kidding. Its not that annoying. :)

Braonan

Jan 4, 2011
Lord Wafflemire said:
Braonan said:
Malo_Tux said:
Baseball was invented in Britain
That's why I said sort of, don't worry we Brits have Cricket and the beautiful game.

AMMO Kid

Jan 2, 2009
Sorry to everyone we've borrowed money from, because by now you ought to know that you are never getting it back

spookydom

Aug 31, 2009
Lord Wafflemire said:
Braonan said:
Malo_Tux said:
It's called Rounders over here. It is primarily played by girls at a primary school level. We often wonder why why we see so many storys about baseball stars in the states taking performance enhancing drugs. But we have cricket so we are not unduly botherd becouse it makes less sense than baseball.

Braonan

Jan 4, 2011
darkknight9 said:
Ah... s
Braonan said:
darkknight9 said:
Braonan said:
Peacekeepers.
Everybody ought to thank Canada for: rapists? No thanks. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A30286-2005Mar12.html
I looked, but I could not find Canada or Canadians mentioned in your source. But yeah, maybe your right our world has no need for a standing peacekeeping force. That would just be insane. I mean look at what a fool Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire was for trying to prevent genocide.
If you take credit for the peacekeepers, then you take their baggage too. Way too many folks abused at the hands of peacekeepers. Dallaire may not have, and I don't think *he* did. But if Canada is responsible for the creation of the peacekeepers, then the rapes are on canuck hands.
Do some research: You commit all these logical fallacies with your statement.

When arguing with someone in an attempt to get at an answer or an explanation, you may come across a person who makes logical fallacies. Such discussions may prove futile. You might try asking for evidence and independent confirmation or provide other hypotheses that give a better or simpler explanation. If this fails, try to pinpoint the problem of your arguer's position. You might spot the problem of logic that prevents further exploration and attempt to inform your arguer about his fallacy. The following briefly describes some of the most common fallacies:

ad hominem: Latin for "to the man." An arguer who uses ad hominems attacks the person instead of the argument. Whenever an arguer cannot defend his position with evidence, facts or reason, he or she may resort to attacking an opponent either through: labeling, straw man arguments, name calling, offensive remarks and anger.

special pleading: the assertion of new or special matter to offset the opposing party's allegations. A presentation of an argument that emphasizes only a favorable or single aspect of the question at issue. (e.g. How can God create so much suffering in the world? Answer: You have to understand that God moves in mysterious ways and we have no privilege to this knowledge. Or: Horoscopes work, but you have to understand the theory behind it.)

statistics of small numbers: similar to observational selection (e.g., My parents smoked all their lives and they never got cancer. Or: I don't care what others say about Yugos, my Yugo has never had a problem.) Simply because someone can point to a few favorable numbers says nothing about the overall chances.

straw man: creating a false scenario and then attacking it. (e.g., Evolutionists think that everything came about by random chance.) Most evolutionists think in terms of natural selection which may involve incidental elements, but does not depend entirely on random chance. Painting your opponent with false colors only deflects the purpose of the argument.

misunderstanding the nature of statistics: (e.g., the majority of people in the United States die in hospitals, therefore, stay out of them.) "Statistics show that of those who contract the habit of eating, very few survive." -- Wallace Irwin

Appeal to consequences (argumentum ad consequentiam): an argument that concludes a premise (usually a belief) as either true or false based on whether the premise leads to desirable or undesirable consequences. Example: some religious people believe that knowledge of evolution leads to immorality, therefore evolution proves false. Even if teaching evolution did lead to immorality, it would not imply a falsehood of evolution.

argument from adverse consequences: (e.g., We should judge the accused as guilty, otherwise others will commit similar crimes) Just because a repugnant crime or act occurred, does not necessarily mean that a defendant committed the crime or that we should judge him guilty. (Or: disasters occur because God punishes non-believers; therefore, we should all believe in God) Just because calamities or tragedies occur, says nothing about the existence of gods or that we should believe in a certain way.

argumentum ad baculum: An argument based on an appeal to fear or a threat. (e.g., If you don't believe in God, you'll burn in hell)

argumentum ad ignorantiam: A misleading argument used in reliance on people's ignorance.

argumentum ad populum: An argument aimed to sway popular support by appealing to sentimental weakness rather than facts and reasons.

bandwagon fallacy: concluding that an idea has merit simply because many people believe it or practice it. (e.g., Most people believe in a god; therefore, it must prove true.) Simply because many people may believe something says nothing about the fact of that something. For example many people during the Black plague believed that demons caused disease. The number of believers say nothing at all about the cause of disease.

begging the question (or assuming the answer): (e.g., We must encourage our youth to worship God to instill moral behavior.) But does religion and worship actually produce moral behavior?

circular reasoning: stating in one's proposition that which one aims to prove. (e.g. God exists because the Bible says so; the Bible exists because God influenced it.)

composition fallacy: when the conclusion of an argument depends on an erroneous characteristic from parts of something to the whole or vice versa. (e.g., Humans have consciousness and human bodies and brains consist of atoms; therefore, atoms have consciousness. Or: a word processor program consists of many bytes; therefore a byte forms a fraction of a word processor.)

confirmation bias (similar to observational selection): This refers to a form of selective thinking that focuses on evidence that supports what believers already believe while ignoring evidence that refutes their beliefs. Confirmation bias plays a stronger role when people base their beliefs upon faith, tradition and prejudice. For example, if someone believes in the power of prayer, the believer will notice the few "answered" prayers while ignoring the majority of unanswered prayers (which would indicate that prayer has no more value than random chance at worst or a placebo effect, when applied to health effects, at best).

Addendum_Forthcoming

Queen of the Edit
Feb 4, 2009
AMMO Kid said:
Sorry to everyone we've borrowed money from, because by now you ought to know that you are never getting it back
Well, that's okay ... you can always divvy up the country on the basis of who owns how much debt? n.n

Braonan

Jan 4, 2011
spookydom said:
Lord Wafflemire said:
Braonan said:
Malo_Tux said:
It's called Rounders over here. It is primarily played by girls at a primary school level. We often wonder why why we see so many storys about baseball stars in the states taking performance enhancing drugs. But we have cricket so we are not unduly botherd becouse it makes less sense than baseball.
I was raised in Chelsea, I have a bit of knowledge ;). Rounders has a significant difference from Baseball, to be considered different sports.

darkknight9

Feb 21, 2010
Braonan said:
YOU claimed we should thank Canada for the creation of peacekeepers. Cut and paste as many forensic or english texts as you like, you can't pick and choose aspects of your work to represent. Either you did it, or you didn't.

If you can't take the criticism that you may have enabled international slackers and criminals to rape and pillage at will then you're a lot closer to the American border metaphorically and literally then you'd probably like to admit.

Just a reminder:
Braonan said:
Now for things everybody ought to thank Canada for:

The UN's Universal Charter of Rights and Freedoms
Peacekeepers.
No thanks.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
I'm American, and on behalf of the United States, I'm really, really, really, really, really sorry.

The list is too long. Just assume I've apologised for it.

Except for cheese. The Great State of Vermont will NOT apologise for its cheese.

woots7

Nov 30, 2010
on behalf of New Zealand i apologize for us going on and on about our three draws at the world cup.

spookydom

Aug 31, 2009
Braonan said:
spookydom said:
Lord Wafflemire said:
Braonan said:
Malo_Tux said:
I was raised in Chelsea, I have a bit of knowledge ;). Rounders has a significant difference from Baseball, to be considered different sports.
I was raised in Kensington. A stones throw from the nobel borough of Chelsea. I did not see you there when we were all playing rounders with the ladys. I put it to you that you where not raised in Chelsea at all. By the sound of your typing I would put your origin in some colonial place. Like Burnham on sea. Your rebuttal sir?

OneOfTheMichael's

Jul 26, 2010
The only thing bad at all about Canada is the shitty pop stars.
Let me know if there is anything i missed out on.

BTW we do not apologize for bioware. lol!....