Arm is getting useless!?

InnerRebellion

Mar 6, 2010
Owyn_Merrilin said:
InnerRebellion said:
Turns out I was bitten by the brown recluse in my Biology classroom.
They had a Brown Recluse in your biology room? You're lucky you got to the hospital. Seriously, those things are dangerous.
Well yeah. We captured it while exploring the woods behind the school and we've been raising it.

Xanadu84

Apr 9, 2008
Diagnosed with a Brown Recluse bite, eh? Well unless theres a Brown Recluse infestation in the classroom that you already know of, or remember getting bit by a brown spider, be extra careful, and press your doctors. About 80% of Brown Recluse bite diagnoses are wrong, and there are more serious possible issues. Lyme Disease is one of the most likely. Don't replace the doctors advice with an internet guys advice, but do make sure that the doctors are sure that you don't have anything more serious.

Apr 28, 2008
OP, perhaps you should edit the opening post if/when you get the chance. Should stop all these "GO TO DOCTOR NOW!" posts.

Glad to see your fine now.

zombiesinc

One day, we'll wake the zombies
Mar 29, 2010
Like everyone else said, go see a doctor.

Possibly better prioritize your reactions...

EDIT: Glad you're still alive.

BlindMessiah94

The 94th Blind Messiah
Nov 12, 2009
Ooh I know, keep browsing the internet and forums for a solution.

You definitely should not see a doctor, especially if it keeps growing.

zombiesinc

Mar 29, 2010
InnerRebellion said:
Owyn_Merrilin said:
InnerRebellion said:
They had a Brown Recluse in your biology room? You're lucky you got to the hospital. Seriously, those things are dangerous.
Well yeah. We captured it while exploring the woods behind the school and we've been raising it.
Shame on your teacher! Seriously...

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
InnerRebellion said:
Owyn_Merrilin said:
InnerRebellion said:
Major facepalm here. I'm assuming this is high-school, right? There are plenty of non dangerous-spiders your class could have caught. A Huntsman's spider, for example, is big enough to be scary, but not really dangerous. Some orb weavers are pretty interesting too -- a common variety around here has a smiley face on the abdomen, and I've never heard of one biting anyone. This, however, could be construed as seriously endangering the students.

InnerRebellion

Mar 6, 2010
Owyn_Merrilin said:
InnerRebellion said:
Owyn_Merrilin said:
InnerRebellion said:
Major facepalm here. I'm assuming this is high-school, right? There are plenty of non dangerous-spiders your class could have caught. A Huntsman's spider, for example, is big enough to be scary, but not really dangerous. Some orb weavers are pretty interesting too -- a common variety around here has a smiley face on the abdomen, and I've never heard of one biting anyone. This, however, could be construed as seriously endangering the students.
Actually, our teacher isn't in. We're an Honors class, and our school gave us the week while he takes the senior class to D.C (traditional trip here) to run the class ourselves.

The_Healer

Jun 17, 2009
Although we are a colourful and unusually intelligent community. We are not doctors.

I suggest you find one.

InnerRebellion

Mar 6, 2010
zombiesinc said:
InnerRebellion said:
Owyn_Merrilin said:
InnerRebellion said:
Actually, our teacher isn't in. We're an Honors class, and our school gave us the week while he takes the senior class to D.C (traditional trip here) to run the class ourselves.

fozzy360

I endorse Jurassic Park
Oct 20, 2009
InnerRebellion said:
I know you didn't know at the time you were bitten by a brown recluse, but what the hell are you doing going to a non-medical related forum to ask what you should do if you're arm is going numb? You're lucky you got to the hospital in time, for chrissakes. If I felt like I was getting a heart attack, I'm certainly not gonna ask the guys on IMDB what they think it is. Next time, call a doctor first. Not after you ask us what the best course of action is.

Either way, get better.

Larmo

May 20, 2008
JRShield said:
Go see a doctor, you have a tick bite and possibly Lyme-disease.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyme_disease
I caught that , its wasn't fun.

First my arms broke out in hives then my lips turned blue and i started having trouble breathing, got it cured after that but it was worrying before that.

KaiRai

Jun 2, 2008
Soulgaunt said:
And you're telling a bunch of people on an internet forum?
Unless your doctor is an Escapist, then I don't think that's the best choice of action. I suggest you go to a hospital.
Well it's lucky I'm here! Innerrebellion should call me right now!!

/joke

I agree with you though, Jesus man, get to a doctor.

P.S, please inform us if your IV drip is shot out of your arm by a web.

Gasaraki

Oct 15, 2009
"But it wasn't the forum members that were laughing at me on that day...IT WAS GOD!!!"
Duh duh duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh

ejb626

Aug 6, 2009
InnerRebellion said:
Soulgaunt said:
And you're telling a bunch of people on an internet forum?
Unless your doctor is an Escapist, then I don't think that's the best choice of action. I suggest you go to a hospital.
I'm home alone and 14. No way I can get anywhere.
Call 911, the paramedics will pick you up

EDIT (again): OK didn't read the whole thread, and I see I was rather late so just ignore that, sorry.

syndicated44

Apr 25, 2009
I smell shenanigans. Isn't there a nifty number on your telephone that makes an ambulance come to you. Plus I thought if you got bit by a brown recluse your chances of surviving the first 30 minutes were extremely thin.

Seriously I smell bullshit.

Larmo

May 20, 2008
InnerRebellion said:
zombiesinc said:
InnerRebellion said:
Owyn_Merrilin said:
InnerRebellion said:
My dad found a Black Widow in out garage once, we kept it in a cage and named it Shelob, we let it go tho when it laid eggs, didn't want to risk it.

zombiesinc

Mar 29, 2010
InnerRebellion said:
zombiesinc said:
InnerRebellion said:
Owyn_Merrilin said:
InnerRebellion said:
You're fourteen, so I'm assuming your classmates are of a similar age, and you have no teacher supervising your classes?

Also, you really should update/edit your first post so people quit telling you to go to the doctor.