Atlus: "No Plans" to Bring Catherine West

mireko

Umbasa
Sep 23, 2010
Ashsaver said:
mireko said:
Fiendishly hard, sure. If it's too much for people then they can try Easy mode. I've never heard anyone say, "I'd buy that game if it wasn't so hard," and I don't think it's simply because they're ashamed of their failures.
Failure? oh no,not at all! the game was a success! despite the game being fiendishly hard(even on easy mode,forgot to mention that.)

Beside,Catherine isn't the first game not receiving localization because it was too hard,that why I'm guessing this is the case.
No, no. I wasn't saying Catherine was a failure, it was topping sales lists at release. But what games have been kept out of our regions for difficulty reasons? And before you answer: Using bullet hell shooters as an example is cheating.

Sakurazaki1023

Feb 15, 2010
poiumty said:
PWAHAHAHAHAHAHA. SUCK ON THAT.

You see, i'm a PC gamer, so i don't care. None of Atlus's titles have been ported to the PC so i can neatly say that this one won't be either.
Thank you. By posting this pointlessly inflammatory comment, you have given me one more reason to find most PC gamers to be stuck-up jerks. You truly are a credit to your hobby.

Synonymous

Aug 6, 2009
Wait, Catherine isn't a horror game. It's a puzzle game. A sliding-block puzzle game, set in the same dingy Steam & Flame Factory in which they film every lousy Platinum Dunes horror remake.

Guys, it's a bait-and-switch. We're not missing much.

archvile93

Sep 2, 2009
I have to ask, does it really cost so much money to have bilingual guy read through the script and tell a coder what the new dialogue should be, that it makes games unfeasable in other countries? If it does, then those people make way too much money.

PrototypeC

Apr 19, 2009
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH-wait. Come to think of it, not that I wasn't interested, but it seems like this game is so far into Japan-ville that a lot of what's going on would be lost on Western audiences. We talk about the "weird shit" that Japan as a culture seems to think is normal (prime time TV, anyone?) rather a lot around here... I have a feeling having looked at the game so closely that a lot of that "weird shit" would resurface with reinforcements at hand.

It's sad, but we should have expected this; it's slowly and surely becoming the norm.

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
Well, seeing how I am sooo confused on what the hell is happening in that game, I guess its for the best that I just never know.

That's Funny

Jul 20, 2009
Whhhhaaaaaaatttt!!!!???!!!

And I was intrigued by this games, Atlus release this game here, or I might think a bit less of you.

[sub][sub][sub]I probably won't, I can't stay mad at Atlus forever[/sub][/sub][/sub]

thatstheguy

Dec 27, 2008
poiumty said:
PWAHAHAHAHAHAHA. SUCK ON THAT.

You see, i'm a PC gamer, so i don't care. None of Atlus's titles have been ported to the PC so i can neatly say that this one won't be either.
And too bad there isn't a PC version. It'd make getting a fan translation so much easier. Sucks since this is on of the only Anime inspired thing that interested me.

Ashsaver

Your friendly Yandere
Jun 10, 2010
mireko said:
No, no. I wasn't saying Catherine was a failure, it was topping sales lists at release. But what games have been kept out of our regions for difficulty reasons? And before you answer: Using bullet hell shooters as an example is cheating.
Awwww......Well,I want to say "buttloads of Atlus's games" but...that would also be cheating....The best i can do is saying there are some Japanese named games i dunno how to spell them in English that are really hard,and not receiving localizations,Atelier Lilie is one of them if i recalled correctly(The only game that i can write its name in English)

....and Touhou too maybe?

I want to see Catherine receive an awesome localization too,but I'm not holding my breath.

Imagine doing this while being chase by a giant baby devil.​

GrandmastahT

Nov 27, 2009
This makes my fears real! Sad news indeed, hard to say if such a staunchly Japanese game would really make sense over here.

Islandboy2

Dec 17, 2010
TBH give it a few weeks, then they'll say "oh btw a localization is coming in the winter" or something to that degree. Just wait this might just be a publicity ploy to garner support. I'm always the optomist, but please Atlus, if Catherine doesn't come here at least localize the new Persona 2 remake

AgentBJ09

May 24, 2010
John Funk said:
...Unfortunately, it seems that it won't...just because a company has no plans to bring a game overseas right now, doesn't mean that it won't ever happen.
Either way, I don't care.

The trailers didn't make me feel excited for the game, especially since most horror here is badly used gore and nudity shots anyway. Having that combo in a Japanese game? No, thank you.

fundayz

Feb 22, 2010
Not surprised and honestly, I don't blame them.

That much weird just doesn't sell in North America.