Best Videogame Quote (NO Bioshock)

Dragoon

Jan 19, 2010
Mass Effect 2- "Sir Issac Newton is the deadliest son of a ***** in space!"

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
Bishop from Neverwinter Nights 2

I don?t like obligations like that. Or obligations like you.

This basicly is the TL;DR version of his character.

Also, Sand, from the same game, is full of them

Player: Where shall that meeting take place?
Sand: Someplace in the middle of nowhere, no doubt.
Grobnar: Is there really such a place?
Sand: Oh yes, Grobnar, and it's between your ears
Sand: Yes, well, as tempting as the offer to become one of the many shadow reavers we have already slain is, I shall pass. Not much future, you see - for you or them.
Sand: Seems my exceptional wit and cunning instinct for verbal duels has landed me in trouble yet again
Sand: I suggest you not try my patience any further than you have or I might accidentally fire a magic missile into your face
*black smoke rises up out of the ground*
Sand: Ah... this would be the "impending" part of our impending doom
Sand: Well, at best, they will put you on trial - or what seems to be one, then execute you. At worst, they will dispense with the courtroom mockery and execute you as soon as you step within the gate. And when I say "execute," do not think it will be one clean chop of a headman's axe... Luskans have all sorts of inventive ways for executing prisoners that is not best to describe on a full stomach
Sand: I derive pleasure from clarification
Sir Nevalle: Why Captain, don't we all live to serve Neverwinter?
Sand: Under penalty of death
Sand: This chattering madness is something I would like to subject Grobnar to, if only to make him understand what it's like to listen to him
But the best one?
Judge: And you, Sand? Anything more you wish to add that you did not say in the first three hours?
Sand: Only that the dress the ambassador is wearing is clearly out of fashion, a blatant attempt to distract the court from the matter at hand, and is more appropriate for a Docks prostitute than a diplomatic envoy. Thank you

Zac Smith

Apr 25, 2010
One of the quotes from the death screen on CoD

"War decides not who is right, only who is left"

deserteagleeye

Sep 8, 2010
Squid94 said:
'War has changed. It's no longer about nations, ideologies or ethnicity. It's an endless series of proxy battles, fought by mercenaries and machines. War, and its consumption of life, has become a well-oiled machine. War has changed. ID tagged soldiers carry ID tagged weapons, use ID tagged gear. Nanomachines inside their bodies enhance and regulate their abilities. Genetic control. Information control. Emotion control. Battlefield control. Everything is monitored, and kept under control. War has changed. The age of deterrence has become the age of control. All in the name of averting catastrophe from weapons of mass destruction. And he who controls the battlefield, controls history. War has changed. When the battlefield is under total control, war... becomes routine.'
I really like this one, from Metal Gear Solid 4.
But war...war never changes. -Fallout series.

T-Bone24

Dec 29, 2008
For those of you that got covered in the repulsion gel, here's a tip the lab boys gave me... *flipping papers* do not get covered in the repulsion gel! We haven't nailed down exactly what element it is but what we do know is that it's a lively one and it does not like the human skeleton.

deserteagleeye

Sep 8, 2010
Zac Smith said:
One of the quotes from the death screen on CoD

"War decides not who is right, only who is left"
Also from Fallout 3, Your personal robot assistant tells you as a joke.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
"Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance. Incapable of understanding. There is a realm of existence so far beyond your own, you cannot even imagine it. I am beyond your comprehension. I am Sovereign."

ZeroDotZero

Sep 18, 2009
I'm going to be snarky and pick one from Bioshock 2:

'You must learn to play poker, Eleanor. Like anyone, I am flawed, and have a fierce genetic bias towards competition. But each Saturday, I read the other players... and I pick a man who will benefit the most from victory. By the final hand, I ensure that he takes home my entire stake, and that of the others. I win nothing but the feeling of conquest over myself, and the wealth of my competitors is slowly reshuffled according to their needs.'

Ignatz_Zwakh

Sep 3, 2010
"THE PRESIDENT HAS BEEN KIDNAPPED BY NINJAS. ARE YOU A BAD ENOUGH DUDE TO RESCUE THE PRESIDENT?"

Stephen Caswell

Mar 11, 2011
HK-47: "Answer: Simply that the distinction between 'killer' and 'killee' be a clear one. I cannot kill of my own volition, naturally."
Revan: "I don't think 'killee' is a word."
HK-47: "Expletive: Damn it, master, I am an assassination droid... not a dictionary!"

And

HK-47: "Query: Would you rather be caught with contraband that is 'very' illegal, or just a little illegal?"
Revan: "What's the difference?"
HK-47: "About twenty years, master."

RepeatAfterMe

Feb 27, 2011
No Bioshock?
"What is a drop of rain, compared to the storm? What is a thought, compared to the mind? Our unity is full of wonder which your tiny individualism cannot even conceive."
System Shock 2

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
Would you kindly removed the "No Bioshock" requirement?

Love this speech though, it's pure awesome:
<youtube=X6bVj-nTkiU>

SomethingUnrelated

Aug 29, 2009
deserteagleeye said:
Squid94 said:
'War has changed. It's no longer about nations, ideologies or ethnicity. It's an endless series of proxy battles, fought by mercenaries and machines. War, and its consumption of life, has become a well-oiled machine. War has changed. ID tagged soldiers carry ID tagged weapons, use ID tagged gear. Nanomachines inside their bodies enhance and regulate their abilities. Genetic control. Information control. Emotion control. Battlefield control. Everything is monitored, and kept under control. War has changed. The age of deterrence has become the age of control. All in the name of averting catastrophe from weapons of mass destruction. And he who controls the battlefield, controls history. War has changed. When the battlefield is under total control, war... becomes routine.'
I really like this one, from Metal Gear Solid 4.
But war...war never changes. -Fallout series.
Despite their seemingly contradictory messages, I think they're both right.

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
-"Give me my stone!"
-"I don't have your stone, and FUCK YOU anyways"

or

-"And "Reality" is unveiled. What did it want . . . What did it see . . . What did it hear . . . What did it think . . . What did it do . . ."- this game has awesome quotes, too bad they were pretty shittily translated