Celebrities from your hometown?

r4ndom

Aug 24, 2008
Unless you are British, you probably will not know who these guys are... but

Keith Allen - All-round legend and father to Lily Allen

Emlyn Hughes - Played football for England in the 70's and 80's as I remember, was born in my local pub.

Me - Not famous yet, but give me a couple years...

Jharry5

Nov 1, 2008
kiwisushi said:
Jharry5 said:
There have been quite a few (and by that, I mean three) 'celebrities' that have come from Rotherham (in the UK). Not bad for a pokey little town.
Chris Walstonholme (sp?) - bassist for Muse.
David Seaman - played in goal for the England football team a few years ago.

And, err... the Chuckle Brothers... (kid's TV presenters).
You forgot a certain J.Clarkson! - Sorry messed up, thats Doncaster not Rotherham.
But he did start his career doing work for the local paper in Rotherham. Apparently, he hated it...

r4ndom

Aug 24, 2008
Sounds like you're from Pontypridd mate. No offence, but it's a dive. Lived there for 3 years in University.

Trefforest however... much nicer. Less ASBO nutjobs. :)

Jimmyjames

Jan 4, 2008
Olympian Summer Sanders went to my High School, while I was there. I was friends with someone that dated her. Also, Molly Ringwald was from my town.

poleboy

May 19, 2008
H.C. Andersen and Carl Nielsen [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Nielsen] are probably the only ones you may have heard of.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Szymon Wydra, winner of the first Polish Idol and a popular singer was born here.

Also, very close to Radom (my hometown) was born Cezary Pazura, one of the greatest actors and stand-up comedians in Poland.

Other than that... Some people from Poland without whom the world would be different, like Tadeusz Kosciuszko, Polish-Lithuanian, Belorussian and American national hero.

Pope John Paul II, too.

super_smash_jesus

Dec 11, 2007
I worked with a fellow whose grandfather wrote crouching tiger, hidden dragon". His name was Hung Wang, which I thought was a joke first off. Other than that, from where I come from only NHL stars are born. I even graduated with a few people that are now stars in the NHL, but I still consider them douchebags from my prior encounters.

Fraught

Aug 2, 2008
Lazzi said:
Pitbull and Ricky Recardo. My grand mother went to highschool with Fedel Castor if its worth any thing.
It reminds me of the excellent Atari 2600 game, Castor's Revenge!
Anyway, I was just pointing out your (I think what is a) typo in a (un)subtle way, because I'm an asshole.

But I live in non-English speaking country, so even if there are a tonload of famous people who have gone to my school, they're only famous in my country.

Bolverk

Jan 4, 2009
Russel Crowe owns property in a town called Glenreigh which is near Coffs Harbour (on the NSW coast) where I grew up. His band played at the Coffs Harbour RSL a few times and I met him. Wasn't exactly endeared to him either.
Now, however, I live in Sydney, Australia. CBF to think of the names. It's 6am. I KNOW Sydney has spawned some talent.

Slighty off topic, but for any Aussies that are fans of the show Home and Away (*retch*) I met Kate Ritchie and the guy that played Ada Nicodeamu's lil brother (or however you spell her bloody name)

Also, the movie Danny Deckchair was filmed in Bellingen...The main house used was owned by my friend. Didn't get to meet anyone though.
I did see Kick Gurry when they were filing Garage Days in Newtown/Enmore. That's just up the road from where I live now (Marrickville). That was pretty awesome.

Hookman

Jul 2, 2008
Well,I live in the same city and go to the same school as John Lennon,Clive Barker,Doug Bradley,Les Dennis and several other people I cant remember.

Tyranicus

Feb 8, 2008
Yvonne Zima (born 1989), actress, "Rachel Greene" on NBC's ER.
From Phillipsburg NJ! My mother grew up with her and went to school with her too.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
There have been a few in my area, yeah. First one that comes to mind, though, is Vic Mignogna.