Could You Date A Transexual?

Epic Bear Man

Feb 5, 2013
Random Fella said:
No, a lot of people might answer yes to save face and seem like a good person, some may legitimately not mind or be attracted to that, but there's no way I could date a MtoF transvestite (Straight male)
Does that make me a bad person? No
Does that make me ignorant or perhaps prejudice? No
Not sure if it's possible for such a transvestite to biologically have children in their new sexual state, but I don't think so, and that's obviously one of the major factors in a serious relationship (Of course in the state of finding my partner late in the relationship to be unable to due to natural means, the story would be different, but would be different because it's something they cannot help)
Why would you assume that because you're not attracted to them sexually that might make you bad, ignorant, or prejudice?

Sexuality is one of those things that cannot be changed (except possibly through severe trauma, or possibly through experimentation), and it's an inward thing. Acceptance of others, especially when it pertains to someone getting a job or not, is an outward thing.

I get that you're probably just clarifying, but nonetheless no one's really going to care if you like someone or something or not, and if they do, they're the prejudice one.

an annoyed writer

Exalted Lady of The Meep :3
Jun 21, 2012
OniaPL said:
While I'm not contesting that gender identity received at birth would be impossible, at the moment there are just more evidence supporting the opposite hypothesis.
Speak for your own experiences, because I've found the opposite to be true. Besides, if that was the case, people like me would be in padded cells rather than receiving the current standards of treatment. That theory has been in place and building supporting evidence since at least 1995 (See: Zhou et al. (1995)), if not earlier. Now this resource is a tad bit dated, but it does go into that as well as our standards of care, if you are interested: http://ai.eecs.umich.edu/people/conway/TS/TS.html Someone dropped that in one of the previous threads about the topic. It's written from the perspective of a transsexual woman, so expect some bias.

The Lunatic

Princess
Jun 3, 2010
A lot of them come with quite significantly baggage and underlying issues which are caused by the whole thing.

Depends how settled, I suppose.

At my age, I don't think there's anyone who would be completely transitioned and over the issues that surround it.

So, at this stage. No.

However, this isn't because they're transgender. I just don't stick my dick in crazy, regardless the type.

Which most certainly is not to say they're all crazy.

Just a fair few. And, frankly, I don't blame them.

Random Fella

Nov 17, 2010
Epic Bear Man said:
Random Fella said:
No, a lot of people might answer yes to save face and seem like a good person, some may legitimately not mind or be attracted to that, but there's no way I could date a MtoF transvestite (Straight male)
Not sure if it's possible for such a transvestite to biologically have children in their new sexual state, but I don't think so, and that's obviously one of the major factors in a serious relationship (Of course in the state of finding my partner late in the relationship to be unable to due to natural means, the story would be different, but would be different because it's something they cannot help)
Why would you assume that because you're not attracted to them sexually that might make you bad, ignorant, or prejudice?

Sexuality is one of those things that cannot be changed (except possibly through severe trauma, or possibly through experimentation), and it's an inward thing. Acceptance of others, especially when it pertains to someone getting a job or not, is an outward thing.

I get that you're probably just clarifying, but nonetheless no one's really going to care if you like someone or something or not, and if they do, they're the prejudice one.
I take from what you've said, and your post count that you're new here
You'll come to understand why, with how people act on the internet, especially on this site I find

Genocidicles

Sep 13, 2012
I think if a woman I already liked said they used to be a man then I wouldn't have that much of a problem with it.

I wouldn't deliberately seek them out though.

m72_ar

Oct 27, 2010
Date, Yes If I find them attractive (and there are some fine looking MtFs out there)

Marriage, probably no
Since there are other elements that I need in a marriage

OniaPL

Nov 9, 2010
an annoyed writer said:
OniaPL said:
While I'm not contesting that gender identity received at birth would be impossible, at the moment there are just more evidence supporting the opposite hypothesis.
Speak for your own experiences, because I've found the opposite to be true. Besides, if that was the case, people like me would be in padded cells rather than receiving the current standards of treatment. That theory has been in place and building supporting evidence since at least 1995 (See: Zhou et al. (1995)), if not earlier. Now this resource is a tad bit dated, but it does go into that as well as our standards of care, if you are interested: http://ai.eecs.umich.edu/people/conway/TS/TS.html Someone dropped that in one of the previous threads about the topic. It's written from the perspective of a transsexual woman, so expect some bias.
Padded cells? It's not like I am claiming that transsexuality is some kind of illness. I don't think that transsexuality or any other form of sexuality is a choice; I'm claiming that it is not determined at birth. The socio/physiological factors are ones an individual can't really do anything about, and they seem to create the gender identity.

I fear that the article might be somewhat wasted on me though; english is not my native language and therefore I had some difficulty understanding some of the terminology.

What probably my main problem with this is that everything saying that the size of BTSc would serve as the neurobiological basis for transgenderism references this same study that was performed back in 1995 with a relatively small sample size, and another one from 2000 that was from the same group. I personally am just paranoid/doubting of the theory since it's foundation and basis largely rests on only these two studies. While it may be possible that these studies could be correct, I wouldn't say that this hypothesis has been confirmed.
While it may just be my own confirmation bias, I wouldn't agree with the claim being confirmed. What I do agree with is that it deserves more looking into, however so that the hypothesis could possibly be proven true.

Substitute Troll

Aug 29, 2010
I don't mean to offend transexuals, because I really don't have anything against them. If you're brave enough to accept that you were born as a different gender, then you have all the respects from me.

Dating one though? No. Flat out. The thought slightly disgusts me.

chinangel

Sep 25, 2009
krazykidd said:
Nope . Never . Ever . And if i date a person who i thought was born a woman to find out they weren't i'd probably go to jail for murder .

You know what , i think i'm going to ask ever girl i meet if they were born a girl. I'm scared now .
well that escalated quickly.
"Gasp, you didn't tell me you were born a certain way. Gonna have to kill you now."

Doesn't that seem like...I dunno...a bit ridiculous? Maybe somewhat psychotic? Being trans is rather a personal thing, as a tgirl myself I told my lovers before I slept with them my gender status, but I sure as hell didn't tell them when I started dating: it's not something i'd share on a first or second date. Not until i'm ready to move to the next step.

chinangel

Sep 25, 2009
DjinnFor said:
Zachary Amaranth said:
Medically speaking, a MTF transsexual is not male.
Chromosomes, sorry.

Zachary Amaranth said:
how fortunate that one does not need a fetish to follow through.
Not really true. Pheromones make it such that you can generally tell at a base level what chromosomes someone has, and this will color their sexual attractiveness to you on a subconscious level accordingly. You may not agree with the use of the term "fetish" to describe someone who does not detect or interpret pheromones the way most people do, but it's sounds appropriate to me. Unless there are transgender surgeries that I'm not aware of that include pheromone-producing organs, it is absolutely the case that to find a transgendered person attractive for a heterosexual is an abnormality, or at least an oddity, or an unlikely occurrence.

Now, you might be able to will yourself to ignore your subconsciousness I guess, and assuming that the transgendered person is otherwise convincing in most or all other ways, you might end up subconsciously ignoring the pheromone cues anyways. But once you find out that they are in fact transgendered you'll probably find that your sex drive diminishes and that they feel more like a close friend or family member than a partner if there was anything between you before.
Oh Boy. Let me sing you the song of my people.

Well before I started my transitioning, I was being called a girl ALL the time. I loved it, and I would respond as such. I also have an identical twin brother (genetically identical just to clarify) who gets called 'her', 'miss', 'she' and so on on a regular basis. It drives him bonkers.

Now, after my hormone treatments, I look even more feminine and have a more believable girls voice, and I"ve never been outed if I did not wish to be.

So, how do you explain this away?

Epic Bear Man

Feb 5, 2013
Random Fella said:
Epic Bear Man said:
Random Fella said:

I take from what you've said, and your post count that you're new here
You'll come to understand why, with how people act on the internet, especially on this site I find
I am new to this site (I've been on it years ago when Apocalypse Lane was made, just I never made an account), but I've been on the internet for a while. I know people are stupid and throw accusations, but I'm just saying there's no reason for you to have to try to justify yourself on this. If someone is gonna throw accusations, they'll just nitpick your argument, they won't actually say "oh, okay, he's clarified that his position is based off of sexual attraction, not based out of bigotry".

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
Depends on what "date" means, if I met a transgender person and found them attractive I would easily have a casual physical relationship. Or one night stand or whatever, having a relationship is more complicated but not more complicated than with a born female person.

Having a relationship is all about personality, that's the most important thing. To me there is no difference if they are TG or born female its all about how you get on. I will admit that if they where part way through the transition I would have to reconcile some things about the physical side of a partnership, that would be my own problem but if the relationship was there it would be worth working through those hesitations.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
chinangel said:
krazykidd said:
Nope . Never . Ever . And if i date a person who i thought was born a woman to find out they weren't i'd probably go to jail for murder .

You know what , i think i'm going to ask ever girl i meet if they were born a girl. I'm scared now .
"Gasp, you didn't tell me you were born a certain way. Gonna have to kill you now."

Doesn't that seem like...I dunno...a bit ridiculous? Maybe somewhat psychotic? Being trans is rather a personal thing, as a tgirl myself I told my lovers before I slept with them my gender status, but I sure as hell didn't tell them when I started dating: it's not something i'd share on a first or second date. Not until i'm ready to move to the next step.
Well i have no intention of kissing/sleeping with/doing anything romantic with men. If anyone is into that i don't have a problem with that . But tricking ( yes it is a trick ) me into doing it would be terrible and would probably send me into a blind rage. I don't hit women , but a transgender is just a man/ woman than wanted to be the opposite sex . So in my mind they would be a man . It would be quite a traumatic experience for a person that ISN'T into that sort of thing, don't you think?

Also because YOU tell lovers before sleeping with them doesn't mean eveyone does . And THAT's what is scary , and a bit sickening .

That's being said i have nothing against you or any transgendered person , it's just that i'm not into that in any way form or manner . And i'm only being honest . If people want to quote me left and right to tell me i am horrible person so be it .

chinangel

Sep 25, 2009
krazykidd said:
chinangel said:
krazykidd said:

Well i have no intention of kissing/sleeping with/doing anything romantic with men. If anyone is into that i don't have a problem with that . But tricking ( yes it is a trick ) me into doing it would be terrible and would probably send me into a blind rage. I don't hit women , but a transgender is just a man/ woman than wanted to be the opposite sex . So in my mind they would be a man . It would be quite a traumatic experience for a person that ISN'T into that sort of thing, don't you think?

Also because YOU tell lovers before sleeping with them doesn't mean eveyone does . And THAT's what is scary , and a bit sickening .

That's being said i have nothing against you or any transgendered person , it's just that i'm not into that in any way form or manner . And i'm only being honest . If people want to quote me left and right to tell me i am horrible person so be it .
Fair enough. i think most people's (or at least my problem) is the decision to kill someone because of their gender identity.

Beyond that maybe instead of demanding a person's gender identity status, perhaps you should tell them yourself that you don't date transsexuals. put the onus on yourself, not on others.

Broax

May 17, 2010
I would like to sound all "modern" and "evolved" but truthfully I don't think I would knowingly be able to... I have nothing against GLBT (or whatever the acronym people use today) I have gay friends and colleges and I have no problem at all with them (aside from enjoying twilight and lady gaga), but at least in my mammal head a "man is a man" whatever he does. I know this might sound offensive, but its not meant to... I respect everyone's choices but as the OP said I'm not about to join such a community...

Anyway, I included the word "knowingly" because after a bit of googling I found out a couple of pictures that make me think that "on the heat of the moment" one might actually mistake a transgender vagina for a "genuine" one. And I can't really imagine people asking something "your 'jay jay' looks strange... Were you born a man?" (I imagine the dialogue along the lines of the "oh you" meme). But if they were to lie about something like that I can hardly think I'd be able to date them...

EDIT: I removed transgender 'jay jay'... I had a feeling I'd get banned for that! Just google it and you'll find it. It's a medical site, it has a couple of examples and illustrations on the procedure (I got curious, ok!?).

SpectacularWebHead

Jun 11, 2012
I'm bi, a guy with a vagina or a girl with a dick is really not something that would bother me if I liked them enough in the first place.

Beautiful Tragedy

Jun 5, 2012
cswurt said:
I guess for me, it'd depend on the craftmanship of the surgeon who turned him into a her.

If I could snag a tranny that was as finely sculpted as Poison, then I probably wouldn't care. I'll go for it.

But, I don't think we've come that far yet.
Most trannies are so obviously trannies that it would just put me off.

please don't use that word..it's horrible slang and hurtful. thanks