Crysis 2 Will Have the "Best Graphics Ever"

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
I'm sorry but both the PS3 and Xbox 360 still have graphics cards from 2005, that makes them HALF A DECADE old which by Moore's law an equivalent of a 10 fold increase in relative processing power has been made by PCs in that time.

Both consoles only have a TOTAL of 512MB of memory... that's for both the Graphics AND the System memory (Xbox 30 is shared, PS3 has two separate 256MB piles). That is ludicrously low and severely limits the scope of games that can be made when all modern video cards have 512MB of dedicated graphics memory, the latest ones have 1GB and the ability to use all of it. Almost all modern PCs have 2GB of system memory and 4Gb is not unusual.

Sure Sony's Cell and Microsoft's eDRAM can eak a bit more power out of the system but fundamentally both consoles are severely lacking in any way to matching what PC can offer at their full potential.

Me thinks the console version will have VERY low resolution, Low anti-aliasing, low framerate, high screen tear and ultimately won't even live up to the graphics seen on Crysis from 2007 (when at max settings) on PC.

But I'll look forward to it on PC as it will at least be as good looking as the original Crysis which is still a very high standard.

Poomanchu745

Sep 11, 2009
scnj said:
It's funny they should mention convincing gameplay, since that's what I felt Crysis lacked.
I hated Crysis due to that fact. It was really a piss poor game that didn't stand up against games like Call of Duty and Battlefield. I was thinking to myself while about 3 hours in, 'Why am I still playing this? Just cause of the graphics?'. Then I turned Crysis off and never picked it back up. Shitty game with good graphics = fail.

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
Blanks said:
mean while that current title is on the belt of Final Fantasy 13 >.>

Uncharted 2 and God Of War 3 beat the tar out of FFXIII's graphics. Heavy Rain as well.
So does Mass Effect 2. FF13 is good looking but the aforementioned games beat it in graphics easily.

The Bandit

Feb 5, 2008
Treblaine said:
I'm sorry but both the PS3 and Xbox 360 still have graphics cards from 2005, that makes them HALF A DECADE old which by Moore's law an equivalent of a 10 fold increase in relative processing power has been made by PCs in that time.

Both consoles only have a TOTAL of 512MB of memory... that's for both the Graphics AND the System memory (Xbox 30 is shared, PS3 has two separate 256MB piles). That is ludicrously low and severely limits the scope of games that can be made when all modern video cards have 512MB of dedicated graphics memory, the latest ones have 1GB and the ability to use all of it. Almost all modern PCs have 2GB of system memory and 4Gb is not unusual.

Sure Sony's Cell and Microsoft's eDRAM can eak a bit more power out of the system but fundamentally both consoles are severely lacking in any way to matching what PC can offer at their full potential.

Me thinks the console version will have VERY low resolution, Low anti-aliasing, low framerate, high screen tear and ultimately won't even live up to the graphics seen on Crysis from 2007 (when at max settings) on PC.

But I'll look forward to it on PC as it will at least be as good looking as the original Crysis which is still a very high standard.
Of course it won't be as good as PC. Why is everyone making such a big deal out of his console comment? He is in ABSOLUTELY NO WAY implying that the console version will have the best graphics ever made.

Quit making such a big deal out of it. : /

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
LoopyDood said:
I don't understand why Crysis was almost universally criticized for lackluster gameplay, yet Call of Duty 4, which was released in around the same timeframe, was praised in droves for excellent gameplay.
Cod 4 had team deathmatch. Crysis did not. There's a reason why. That and Crysis didn't do anything above average. COD 4 brought us out of the WWII FPS entrapment.

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
Fuck Crysis 2, get back to Timesplitters 4.

Besides, it will have the best hypothetical graphics because I'm pretty sure, based on what I've seen from Crysis, that the hardware to run it almost certainly doesn't exist or costs more than your average car.

jamesworkshop

Sep 3, 2008
The Bandit said:
Treblaine said:

Of course it won't be as good as PC. Why is everyone making such a big deal out of his console comment? He is in ABSOLUTELY NO WAY implying that the console version will have the best graphics ever made.

Quit making such a big deal out of it. : /
Correct the implication is that it will be the best graphics of any console game which from all available footage it does quite solidly.
PC being graphically better is a given cryengine 3 looks about as well coded and optimised as it possibly can be and still actually release the damm thing

jamesworkshop

Sep 3, 2008
Daveman said:

Besides, it will have the best hypothetical graphics because I'm pretty sure, based on what I've seen from Crysis, that the hardware to run it almost certainly doesn't exist or costs more than your average car.
What like this kind of hardware

Brandon237

Mar 10, 2010
I loved Crysis 1 and Warhead expansion extra game thing. Yes, graphics are not normally that important, BUT, there is always the exception. When I play Crysis on medium or high graphics, they are so good that it actually enhances gameplay. Overall I liked the play style of Crysis and a sequel would be nice.

Oh, and to everyone who fears that a modern computer would be physically incapable of playing crysis at anything faster than a slide show rate of Frames per second, FEAR NOT! No, really, I played crysis warhead on high graphics with 3GB's RAM, Intel core 2 duo( or whatever the correct word order for that is) and an oldish Nividia G-Force graphics card. And here's the miracle, it is on Windows XP!

So Crysis & Warhead run more easily than most people think, you just gotta get the most out of your hardware.

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
jamesworkshop said:
Daveman said:

What like this kind of hardware

Yes, but it only works because a demon inhabits each device. Everyone knows their workings are not due to science.

The Unskilled78

Dec 4, 2008
I'd like to wonder how they intend to have "the best graphics ever" when new hardware will eventually come out that will render Crysis 1 as ugly as the original doom.

ucciolord1

Mar 26, 2009
If they can make it run well and look sexy, I'm buying it. I like the original Crysis a whole bunch, mostly because I sold my soul for a computer that could run it.

tomvw

Feb 5, 2009
We have the best graphics ever, but all we'll do with them is make brown exteriors and grey interiors. Yay for us!
I will say it again: great art > great tech

eels05

Jun 11, 2009
So their going to start hyping this game on graphics as of now.

Do I take that to mean the rest of it will be pretty average?

The Heik

King of the Nael
Oct 12, 2008
Andy Chalk said:
Crysis 2 Will Have the "Best Graphics Ever"

Crytek Executive Producer Nathan Camarillo has thrown down the gauntlet, saying that the upcoming Crysis 2 [http://www.ea.com/games/crysis-2] will have the best graphics anyone has ever seen.

It's a bold statement, claiming that your new videogame will have the best graphics in the history of forever, but coming from challenges [http://www.crytek.com/] of getting the game to run on consoles, Crysis 2 is going to set a new benchmark in 2010.

"The most important thing that Crysis taught us as a developer is that, while cinematic graphics and convincing gameplay will get you a lot of press and build strong interest before release - you shouldn't count on that exclusively," Camarillo told PlayStation 3 Magazine.

"We're aiming to set the graphical benchmark," he continued. "Why would anyone not want to play a game with the best graphics they have ever seen, great gameplay, some engaging fiction, challenging AI, killer weaponry and a complete gaming experience like no other?"

Why indeed? I can't say that I entirely agree with Camarillo's apparent assertion that "convincing gameplay" isn't enough to make a game a success, but on the other hand it's hard to argue against the combination of convincing gameplay and sexy graphics, so here's to lots of that when Crytek makes the move from the great outdoors to the urban jungle of New York City. Crysis 2 is slated for release in fall 2010 on the PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

Source: CVG [http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=241253?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=CVG-General-RSS]

Holy hand grenade, it's going to be more beautiful than Crysis, the game that made my eyeballs orgasm? I think the whole world is going to simultaneously going to hump this game as soon as it comes out.

Buccura

Aug 13, 2009
Well really I don't think anyone is too surprised at the fact that Crysis 2 will look amazing.

MrTub

Mar 12, 2009
I actually liked the first game and I don't think it will cost so much for to get a computer that can run the game in high without lag