Do you swear much?

AndrewF022

Jan 23, 2010
Yes, a fair bit... as long as I am not around either my girlfriend or elder female family members.

Plus I am Australian and we often refer to our friends as '****' and our strangers/people we hate 'mate' haha.

thejackyl

Apr 16, 2008
I tend to swear if I need emphasis on something. I say "Fuck" every 4 or 5 words or so when I'm frustrated with something. Though in regular conversation it's not as often, but I will toss out a casual "Fuck" or "Shit" without thinking about it.

I used to swear a lot more when I was younger (think 13-18) because it was edgy and cool (No, it wasn't), but when my niece was born I REALLY cut back.

AlbertoDeSanta

Sep 19, 2012
I try to avoid it alot, but for some reason it's just in my nature to swear. When talking with friends, call me a Trucker because I swear very often. When I'm with family, I NEVER swear. Recently I also lowered my bar. I never used to use the c-word but now it's also common place. I shall improve on my behavior and swear less, however.

Kolby Jack

Come at me scrublord, I'm ripped
Apr 29, 2011
I swore before I joined the military, sure, but I think like you, TC, the swearing has gone way up ever since. Not that I really mind it. Nobody in the military gives a shit if you swear unless decorum is required (like meeting with a high-ranking officer or getting chewed out). I tone it down when I visit the folks, but not all the way. I still remember the look my mom gave me the first time I referred to someone as a "fucking *****" in front of her. All I did was give an equally stern look that said "Deal with it." My Dad seems to like it though, as it gives him license to cut loose with his swearing too.

I am capable of not swearing when necessary. But some people's definition of "necessary" is different from others.

Diddy_Mao

Jan 14, 2009
With friends and relations: Mid to high level swearing.
Examples. "What is this shit?" "What the fuck is going on?" "Sorry I can't hear you with all those dicks in your mouth."

At work: Light swearing and occasional childish mumbling.
Examples: "Once again the utility has made me look like an ass." "What did I do to piss off Bob?" "This piece of frkgn fuhffn...derf...code......it won't work."

By myself: high to excessive swearing.
Example: "Shitbuckets full of Asscock!"

SilkySkyKitten

Oct 20, 2009
You better fuckin' believe I swear a lot! At least, in situations where I know I can just fucking let loose with the goddamn cussing and not feel awkward or some shit and/or receive any repercussions. Otherwise, I'm pretty good at curbing it and keeping myself contained.

TheOtter

Ottertastic!
Feb 5, 2010
With my friends I swear moderately, around family I never do. It keeps the peace. Though, I find that I swear a good deal when I get angry - which I guess is better than physical aggression...

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
I swear a lot, over anything and everything and in nearly every situation, and I really couldn't give less of a fuck about it. As long as the person I'm talking to can comprehend the concepts I am trying to convey, the words it's coached in are irrelevant.

Everyone should swear, it makes life far more interesting.

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA

Swearing was just one of the many things I learned in college. I actually kinda prided myself on my clean mouth before that. Now I actually have to catch myself around family. Then again I do tend to do a lot better at watching my language around children. Oddly enough, my language is cleaner online than in person.

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
I usually only swear if it's for comedic purposes. I might swear at times because I'm angry or in pain, but other than that I don't do it very much.

TKretts3

Jul 20, 2010
I can't even remember the last time I myself have sworn. Of course I'm not counting swearing from reading books or scripts. I just don't see the point, plain rude is what it is. Besides, if one swears constantly, the the shock value of them dropping one just vanishes. It doesn't add any impact to your words.

Zombie Sodomy

Feb 14, 2013
Fucking always you ****. That last one is the only one people seem to mind, but fuck those cunts. I wasn't raised with my parents telling me not to swear. Their attitude was "words don't mean anything unless they do" which makes sense once you get past the odd phrasing. When I was a kid we had a swearing competition between my sister, my father, and me; with my mom judging. I won. I think I mentioned a cactus. (douchegargle)

h4xor555

Aug 25, 2010
Hah, I swear literally all the time, nonstop.

Every single one of my friends always joke about how if I had a swear jar, there would be billions of dollars in it.

Mrkillhappy

Sep 18, 2012
I only tend to swear when I am really flared up about something and many times I don't even realize I am doing it the words just kind of fall out, but in general I try to watch my mouth.

Xpwn3ntial

Avid Reader
Dec 22, 2008
Like a sailor.

It's a product of my upbringing. My mom would swear so much I actually learned swear words before I learned more useful words when I was little. Which is kind of bad since I still wasn't allowed to swear in her presence until I was about 14 (I forget when I started swearing in public but I do remember her not caring).

A swear jar would be a more dangerous investment than lottery tickets.

mbarker

Nov 12, 2008
I don't swear, I always thought if you need to say something there usually are better words to use.

I do let one loose every once in a while, but usually it's not in a place where someone will hear it.

Oct 2, 2012
the clockmaker said:
Still serving, so I know what you mean. As or me, I on average two to three uses of the word fuck per sentence, with fuckin being the most common variant. But that is just the way it is, you don't have stuff, you have shit, you don't call mates mate, you call them ****, you don't make a mistake, you fuck up, every object is a fucking object (eg, my sunnies are back in my fuckin car) and when you cannot think of something, saying fucking simply informs the other party in the conversation that you are still thinking of that answer. Example exchange
A=Oi, ****?!
B=Yeah mate, what'dya need?
A=You seen what's his face, the **** with the red car
B=the fuckin mitsubishi?
A=Yeah, that's the ****, me shits in his boot
b=what shit
a=me fuckin field shit, we got an ex in like twelve fuckin hours and he was supposed to get it back to me like a fuckin month ago
b=Oh, he's at the place, you know the fuckin, fuckin, fuckin... the fuckin primary school droppin off his kids
a=thanks mate, love you
b=yeah fuck off ya stupid ****
a=yeah fuck off yourself mate. later
b=later mate
I'm not serving in any military but my day-to-day language with friends is pretty much ^this sprinkled with more fucks and ***** and also several slur words I picked up in my childhood at the center of an inner city.

It is hilarious when my new predominantly white friends and I get together with a couple of my old predominantly non-white city friends.
The white friends are dumbfounded by the way my city friends and I carry on. Its all "Nigga" this and "spic" that. And when one of the white friends gets comfortable enough to attempt to speak like us my city friends pretend to get offended and start acting all tough xD
Scares the shit out of their **** asses. xD

If I go one sentence consisting of 5 words without swearing 3 times then something is usually wrong :p

As you can see my mouth is much cleaner on the internet for some odd reason.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
A bit...I've been trying to cut down on certain words though. An awful lot of swearing or just insults involves having a go at some group of people that don't deserve it.

Shia-Neko-Chan

Apr 23, 2008
0% swear rate here.

I rather like it, but sometimes I think it gets in the way. Sometimes I want to quote something I really like, but I simply can't bring myself to do it. x_x

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
I'm clean for the most part.
I use "damn" and "ass" here and there but everything higher than that (f**k and s**t) I usually only use if I'm saying something funny, comedic swearing, as it were. But I crack jokes a lot so maybe that's more often than I think.
And I never use the c-word.