E3-2021 MEGATHREAD!!!

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
But only for Mobile and PC/Steam

No Consoles

And released individually.
Saw someone mentioned that they might just be wanting for a nintendo presentation to announced them for switch (would be suprised they wouldn't be on a nintendo system since they're all originally nintendo property, then again doesn't the switch eshop already have all of them as emulation?).

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009

YES

"only for Steam and Mobile"

NO I WANT IT ON MY SWITCH
Fuck yeah I'm down for that... I mean I probably wouldn't play them again since they are long games and I have a backlog but... well, I want them.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland

YES

"only for Steam and Mobile"

NO I WANT IT ON MY SWITCH
If they end up being good remasters/ports and at a good price, I'd snap them up. Notably FFV whose PC port was butchered a couple years back.

Saw someone mentioned that they might just be wanting for a nintendo presentation to announced them for switch (would be suprised they wouldn't be on a nintendo system since they're all originally nintendo property, then again doesn't the switch eshop already have all of them as emulation?).
I'm really hoping Nintendo drop some crowd pleasers this year and not just another gimmick project like that cardboard thingy. Metroid Prime on the Switch. WInd Waker on the Switch. Majora's Mask on the Switch. Super Mario Odyssey 2 or BOTW 2.

Mother 3 on the switch? I mean, there's no chance in hell but I'd be very happy if someone, anyone announced it.

Last edited:

wings012

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 7, 2011
Country
Malaysia
The only thing I'm keen to play is Halo Infinite. While the E3 content was a bit lacking, they going to be showing more stuff throughout the week on Halo Waypoint.

I'm glad there's a Stalker 2 and that there's stuff to see. I hope it stays on track, I recall them announcing it and canceling it before a long time ago.

I'd still like to know just how Starfield plays at all, that trailer told me nothing. And I feel like The Outer Worlds 2 trailer is basically poking fun at those sorta trailers.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
I think the highlight for me was the reveal of the Guardians of the Galaxy game, maybe not because of the game itself (which I think still looks like a lot of fun to play), but the reveal format.

We got a snazzy trailer, a behind the scenes look at the game and who is behind it, and a decent length gameplay showcase.

That last one is particularly important, for me.

We got a lot of cinematic trailers, a lot of short gameplay montages, and a lot of just... people talking about their games with little/no actual footage... but this was the one game shown off so far, where I can actually tell you something about how it plays.

Its all well and good having Microsoft bash out 30 games in the span of 90 minutes, but when each game has about 3 minutes on average to show itself off... how am I supposed to come away interested in anything that I have seen (let alone remembering anything)?

On a somewhat related note, can we just agree that revealing a new IP with a pre-rendered cinematic trailer is a complete waste of time?

Last edited:
Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Wow this is straight-up Left 4 Dead 3. I'm fine with that.
Now they literally cannot not do a 4th one. The possibilities for title wordplay are pretty much endless…

L4D 4 Real
L4D 4 U
L4D 4 U&Me 2 Expansion Pack DLC
L4D 4 Ever: Ultimate Edition
L4D 4 Shoots & Giggles Bonus Pack
L4D 4 What?
Etc.

Also, good to see STALKER 2 exists. Would be wonderful if they ever did a remake/remaster at least of the original with different mod presets or something, all taking advantage of modern engine tech.

Last edited:

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
I think the highlight for me was the reveal of the Guardians of the Galaxy game, maybe not because of the game itself (which I think still looks like a lot of fun to play), but the reveal format.

We got a snazzy trailer, a behind the scenes look at the game and who is behind it, and a decent length gameplay showcase.

That last one is particularly important, for me.

We got a lot of cinematic trailers, a lot of short gameplay montages, and a lot of just... people talking about their games with little/no actual footage... but this was the one game shown off so far, where I can actually tell you something about how it plays.

Its all well and good having Microsoft bash out 30 games in the span of 90 minutes, but when each game has about 3 minutes on average to show itself off... how am I supposed to come away interested in anything that I have seen (let alone remembering anything)?

On a somewhat related note, can we just agree that revealing a new IP with a pre-rendered cinematic trailer is a complete waste of time?
Also, if history holds true, of those 30 games we’ll probably only ever hear of like, a half dozen or so of them ever again. Actually wait, MS owns Bethesda now, so that number may be slightly higher.

Last edited:

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Oh wow, I shoulda watched the trailer for Stranger of FF Origin before promoting and downloading the completely broken demo, holy polemi that looks so bad! Was it meant to be shown like that? Is it a low-effort satire? I do not get it.

Well, Devolver it is then.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mister Mumbler

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Halo Infinite MULTIPLAYER will be cross-platform between xbox and pc. Considering I'm one of the few people that cares for Halo campaigns, this is rather disappointing. It sucks because I don't have xbox, and the campaign actually look decent this time.

And multiplayer.... eh..... They are talking about seasons, and I really hope they don't charge extra for the battle pass
Did they leave the campaign out of the PC version or something?

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
Oh wow, I shoulda watched the trailer for Stranger of FF Origin before promoting and downloading the completely broken demo, holy polemi that looks so bad! Was it meant to be shown like that? Is it a low-effort satire? I do not get it.
Characters and the dungeon look so generic, it almost feels like they're trying to spin it into an online multiplayer live service dungeon crawler.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
I was so distracted by the terrible writing and voice acting, that I barely paid any attention to what was on screen.

My girlfriend was in another room giggling away at how much the edgelord of a main character was just droning on about "ChAoS!" in every other line.

Having watched it again (on mute), I mean, the gameplay looks fine - but the environments look a bit barren, and the colours are just... grey. The characters also look like they were taken from at least 3 different projects, because they really don't belong together.

Im sure im guilty of this myself a few times, but sometimes I watch a trailer for something, and I cant help but think to myself that someone, somewhere, is super pumped up for this, and I cannot fathom a reason why anyone would be.

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
Really disappointing trailer for stranger of paradise. When I first heard about the project I expected Nioh style combat with Final Fantasy characters but this looks like the kind of generic crap that is focus tested for the 'western market'. Like something they forgot to release in 2010. Expected more from Team Ninja.

Pretty meh E3 in general. Starfield has potential but no gameplay and Beth is still using the creation engine? Too bad the company is scooped up by ms. The game has to be damn good for me to pick up an xbox.

Still have Bamco tomorrow. Hopefully we get more details about Elden Ring. Looking forward to Tales of Arise as well.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Peter Quill dated / slept with a tentacle alien.

That's really what I'm adding to this discussion and not anything else in this post.

call the tentacle monster.png

Reactions: Hawki

wings012

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 7, 2011
Country
Malaysia
Did they leave the campaign out of the PC version or something?
Last I checked all the 'X-Box exclusive' games are also on PC. They just aren't on other consoles. I have no idea where this Campaign is only on the X-Box thing is coming from...

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
This is great incentive for me to finally play those first three games in the series.

So this is some apparent artwork for these pixel remasters, and frankly I don't understand this at all. The new sprites look like ass, the colors are so dull and I can't figure out why. In the original sprite things are vibrate and distinct (if a little blurry), and I dont understand the color changes. Why not just sharpen up the original sprites to clean them up. Instead they change the color and even the shape of the characters and it simply doesn't look at good.