'First 3 Twilight Films are Better than the original Star Wars Trilogy'

nightwolf667

Oct 5, 2009
Wait...What said:
Okay first off, this isn't MY opinion. This is the opinion of Mark Kermode a BBC film critic who i greatly respect. I was just wondering your views on this.

Personally although i disagree, i can see where he's coming from. The original star wars trilogy is overrated and the twilight films do get some unfair hatred.
Could you post a link or something so that I can get a better impression of what he's talking about. Unless you give me something to work with, I guess all I can say is that he's got an opinion and the Twilight films do generate a "love it or hate it" feel among viewers.

While I personally think it has a bad message and I am in the 13-25 female age range that it targets, have read them and seen one of the films. I can say that while bad, it's certainly not the spawn of Satan that a lot of people on these forums and the general internet seem to label it as. Is it better than Star Wars? From the objective perspective of a film critic? I don't know. But I would like to know what it was he actually said and his reasoning behind it.

Double A

Jul 29, 2009
From what I've heard from Movie Bob (as I'd never willingly - or even unwillingly - watch the Twilight movies or read the books), is that the movies are hair pulling, hat stomping, vomit-inducing bags of fun.

And the original Star Wars are works of genius.

This BBC guy has to be joking, there's no damn way I could see anyone who isn't a preteen girl saying this without snickering. Especially since he was probably a kid when Star Wars came out.

RandomWords

Aug 16, 2010
You can't deny Star Wars, when someone says "I haven't seen Star Wars", your immediate reaction is to say "What do you mean you haven't seen Star Wars?" When someone says "I have never seen twilight" you say "Good!"

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
I dislike Star Wars but even I know that Twilight is the pit of entertainment for twelve year olds who don't think about anything they watch, read or listen to.

If they did then they would know even the fundamental idea of the vampire is that they are dead and that it is vile to be in physical love with a dead person

Anarchemitis

Dec 23, 2007
From a technical standpoint, of course they are.
It's like comparing a Heinkel-100 to a Eurofighter Typhoon. One is technologically superior because it's newer and that's all there is to it. Green screen was almost basically invented for Star Wars, and now anyone can do the thousand-of-dollars strong effects they did for spare pocket money and a cheap camera.

Aesthetically is where the comparison comes in.
[img_inline caption="Top-of-the-line in 1938" width=300]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_skrkCqtFbn0/S81CMFf4WwI/AAAAAAAAAXg/pRNOnAyEH54/s1600/Heinkel_He_112.jpg[/img_inline][img_inline caption="Top-of-the-line in 2003" width=300]http://members.quicknet.nl/lm.broers/picswar1/typh_da4.jpg[/img_inline]

radicaledward92

Dec 29, 2009
Wait...What said:
Okay first off, this isn't MY opinion. This is the opinion of Mark Kermode a BBC film critic who i greatly respect. I was just wondering your views on this.

Personally although i disagree, i can see where he's coming from. The original star wars trilogy is overrated and the twilight films do get some unfair hatred.
Funny how quickly people jump on things when they realize that the other option is getting fangirl crucified by a bunch of preteen girls O_O

Talvrae

The Purple Fairy
Dec 8, 2009
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00lvdrj

ok i think the guy didnt listen to the same movie i had seen... and he dont know good acting from bad

Chaos-Spider

Dec 18, 2009
XinfiniteX said:
Wow, just wow! I'm not a massive Star Wars fan but this is a joke. I started watching the first Twilight film with my girlfriend (she wanted to watch them again before seeing the new one) and I could not believe how bad it was. The acting was okay I guess, but the story and dialogue was shocking to the point of some scenes being just down right creepy. Apparently it 'makes more sense' if you have read the book, but then that defeats the purpose of it being a movie. There is no possible way that this was better then the Star Wars trilogy.
It's probably been said already but if they 'make more sense' once you've read the books it's not by much as I've read them (and decided to never read anything by Stephanie Myer ever again) and the movies are still facepalm inducing in all the wrong areas for all the wrong reasons, and Bella is still appallingly stupid and annoying...I say this as someone who actually liked Jar Jar binks in the Star wars prequel movies.

Also, who was the original troll that we are apparently supposed to care about in this thread anyway.

Reveras

Nov 9, 2009
Well then ...he should be congratulated for being the worst critic on Earth, that's quite an accomplishment.

Tourette

Dec 19, 2009
I've never really taken any of what Mark Commode (yes, pun itenteded) has had to say as he is so boring imho.
Now he has said that I will instantly dismiss anything he says in future as absolute shite and I think he has lost a lot of what credibility he had.

Carlston

Apr 8, 2008
Lulz.
They aren't even close to being the same....

And last I check the most evil being in the galaxy didn't "sparkle"

Cheesus333

Aug 20, 2008
He has seen Star Wars, right?
Or Twilight for that matter, cause if he think it's better than, um, anything then I'd probably have to doubt that.

Sgt Doom

Jan 30, 2009
Wouldn't be too surprised if it was the BBC trying to fish for ratings. They should not need to justify their existence on that shit.

vviki

Lord of Midnless DPS
Mar 17, 2009
This is some good trolling :). He should go watch Plinkett's reviews of the prequel trilogy, so he can carfuly be explained "what a fucking idiot you are".

http://www.redlettermedia.com/phantom_menace.html