'First 3 Twilight Films are Better than the original Star Wars Trilogy'

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
Ok im about to put a huge tarrget on my back but here we go. I liked the twilight books and ill admit i only read them for my girlfriends sake but the movies suck and in no way can they even be considered in the same space as star wars. This guy is an idiot unless of course hes talking about money in witch casue he might be right but im in the Movie Bob camp on the movie go watch the vid if you dont know what i mean.

skeliton112

Aug 12, 2009
well it depends what they are better at. Entertaining tweens = twilight, entertaining everyone else = Star wars. So it is partially true.

Hucket

Apr 29, 2010
Ohk, so there is WAY to much to read on this thread, so if this has already been said then my bad.

IMO, there are two major differences between the two trilogies. 1)Star Wars tells a story worth telling. Now it is true both series ripped off previous works of literature (Twilight obv. is Pride and Prejudice and Star Wars was based on a mix of Japanese Samurai books) Star Wars was the only one that ripped it off well. If you tear apart Twilight you will see P & P underneath, Stephanie whatshername did a horrendous job of hiding the similarities (if you`re so desperate to see an undead love story, wait for Pride and Predjudice Zombies to come out, at least they don`t hide what they ripped off). If you do the same with Star Wars movies, you will see some similarities, but George Lucas changed enough of the story to make it original. 2)Star Wars has staying power. Now i don't know about you guys, but I will definitely NOT be telling my kids about Twilight (the books or the movies). I will only bring it up as an example of how gulible our population is. Star Wars on the other hand, I will tell them about and I will show them the movies becasue it has a them and morals that cross generations. Twilight is just cashing in on a fad that I hope passes really REALLY soon.

joshuaayt

Vocal SJW
Nov 15, 2009
You can't POSSIBLY compare the two- for god's sake, one is an action/adventure romp with loud noises and amusing robots and magic and 'splosions everywhere, whilst the other is a romance/drama about vampires and love and love triangles.
They simply are incompatible. As such, I don't really care if some dude believes that one is "Better", because "Better" is not a term which can be applied here. Like stating that Apes are "Better" than goldfish. Yeah, apes? Try living underwater. Or the other way around, a goldfish would not be cool on land. They *suit* their environments.

righthead

Sep 3, 2009
In all honesty, the twilight films probably are better put together, with better plot, acting, and I wouldn't be surpirsed if the effects are better too. (Sparkly people, heh) I wouldn't know though, because I haven't seen it, because the premise seems completely contrived. (from the previews I get a sort of "Underworld" meets "Sweet Home Alabama" with rednecks and politicians replaced with vampires and werewolves respectively.)

Along that vein though, there is the one thing that should be considered when considering whether or not one film is 'better' than another. Does it capture the imagination. Having been through high school and having known my share of high school girls I can say that Star Wars captures the imagination. Twilight capitalizes on an already captured market. Sort of like the Prequel trilogy.

Talvrae

The Purple Fairy
Dec 8, 2009
A link would have been appreciated to see what he say in that review exactelly...

Personally after have read some serious critics on serious media write about twilight and having watch the movies... i can say that TWIlight and Star Wars Episode 3 are overrated.... The original trilogy welll episode 6 might be overrated a bit... but other wise

Bek359

Feb 23, 2010
I rarely say things like this without explaining my reasoning, but he is WRONG. Just WRONG.

Silvertongue

Jul 2, 2008
To quote an actor/rapper whose words sprung to mind: "Aw, HELL naw!"

No amount of hatred directed at Twilight is unfair. And if you wanna talk overrated, Twilight is IT this decade. That's all there is to say about this. Gah...I started seeing red just reading the title to this thread.

Also, if you have the patience to sit through a long video log, Noah Antwiler A.K.A. The Spoony One has a very logical and frankly spot-on analysis of the third Twilight film here: http://spoonyexperiment.com/2010/07/08/vlog-7-8-10-eclipse-review/

Feb 13, 2008
Wait...What said:
a near vegetarian (he eats fish).
That explains to me all I need to know about Mark Kermode. If he can give me ONE reason for his views, I will stop laughing at him. Until then, play us out keyboard cat.

acosn

Sep 11, 2008
People are entitled to their own opinions.

Although, I don't see where he'd get the idea that twilight was better than star wars when you can level the criticisms that the first is preaching poor morals and didn't even really have a valid reason for releasing the last movie.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
He is trolling. Well, at least I hope he is trolling. I'd be shocked if this is his genuine opinion.

Skorpyo

Average Person Extraordinaire!
May 2, 2010
What, but Twilight is awful! And the prequels! They're...

They... uh...

EDIT: Oh, the original 3.

Well...

WakeTheDead1

Jan 27, 2010
if in 40 years everyone is still loving twilight just as much as when it was first made like star wars, then maybe i can give it some credit, but its just another teen fad that will be old news as soon as the next craze is out

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
My reaction is hard to put into words, so i'll simply let this video do it for me: