'First 3 Twilight Films are Better than the original Star Wars Trilogy'

Master_of_Oldskool

Sep 5, 2008
I'm going to say that the man is an idiot. The Twilight films are absolutely horrible, and the Star Wars films are awesome. Admittedly, the fanaticism over Star Wars is a bit much at times, but they're parsecs better than the Twilight saga.

marurder

Jul 26, 2009
If you are going to quote, quote the whole story. You are quoting one line that could be taken very far out of context. Of course Starwars was better, it lead to massive franchising and has still new episodes being made today despite the times. I doubt Twilight can survive and be fresh in any form over 20 years. But again. That may be a different context than the critic was referring to.

GammaZord

Jan 26, 2009
UHHH false...Okay I get that he's a "professional" film critic and he should know more about movies than us casual fans.

But the original trilogy warrants no companion to Twilight. Yes, the prequels diminished the repuation of the originals. But, Twilight is a joke...you know what, fuck this. Like many said above me, who cares what this guy thinks.

Again, obvious Troll is FUCKIN OBVIOUS

Trogdor1138

May 28, 2010
This is a pointless topic that has done absolutely nothing but add more fuel to the fire of ridiculous debate over nothing that needs comparing in the first place. That's all I can really say.

But my personal opinion is I dislike Twilight and I've been a Star Wars fan since I was 5. You know what? I'm completely fucking fine with that.

Aureliano

Mar 5, 2009
Simple rules to live by: nothing boring and sucky is better than anything entertaining and good. Therefore, Twilight is way worse than the original Star Wars movies. The prequel Star Wars movies though? That might actually be a for real argument, depending on who's doing the arguing.

i64ever

Aug 26, 2008
Here's the test. 5 years after the last twilight movie, will anybody care? Will
'Team Edward' shirts be see anywhere other than a goodwill store? Will anybody be dressing as Jacob at conventions, sci fi or specifically dedicated to those books?

Only if the answer is yes does this even become a question needed to be discussed.

Gudrests

Mar 29, 2010
Canid117 said:
I haven't actually seen the Twilight movies so I cannot make a truly educated judgment. From what I have seen however this claim seems highly suspect.
i have...and the only reason i can see anyone goes...is the guys... 1 guy will take off his shirt and stand there....and the other...well...idk what everyone see's in the other..

InfernoJesus

Aug 18, 2009
Star Wars and Twilight target entirely different audiences. It isn't fair to compare 2 movies that aren't trying to be the same.

That being said, Star Wars is a goddamn classic. Over a decade later, people are still praising the original trilogy. I highly doubt Twilight will ever reach this status.

ajb924

Jun 3, 2009
GUYS, GUYS, WHAT IF HE DIDN'T ENJOY STAR WARS!?
Christ people, it's his own damn opinion. Just because something IS better made/written/WHATEVER doesn't mean you need to like it more.
Here's an example. I honestly liked the Scott Pilgrim books much more than the Watchmen books. I
know the Watchmen was much more well drawn and written, but that doesn't mean I like it more.

Maybe he just likes Twilight, why does it matter anyway? Are these threads going to make him not like it? Or is posting in it the only way to justify that you aren't infatuated with Twilight yourself? Just let it die. If you don't like it, don't talk about it. When I see a good 3-5 Twilight threads on the Escapist a day, I get a bit sad. I realize their all hate, but the fact that we need to go out of our way to ***** is just pathetic.

Deacon Cole

Jan 10, 2009
Country
USA
Wait...What said:
Personally although i disagree, i can see where he's coming from. The original star wars trilogy is overrated and the twilight films do get some unfair hatred.
That is not what the quote in the subject line says.

Orcus The Ultimate

Nov 22, 2009
Wait...What said:
Okay first off, this isn't MY opinion. This is the opinion of Mark Kermode a BBC film critic who i greatly respect. I was just wondering your views on this.

Personally although i disagree, i can see where he's coming from. The original star wars trilogy is overrated and the twilight films do get some unfair hatred.
was it your intention to start a flamewar ?

BrownGaijin

Jan 31, 2009
Sounds to me like obvious troll is obvious. I want to say that it sounds similar to what Bill Maher said about comic book movies in that he only really cares about when the boobies come out [paraphrasing of course]. If that's his opinion then that's fine. Quite frankly I've given this thread too much of my brain power anyways. Either way I will close by saying if I'm in a dark parking lot with him and I start to hear banjos then there's no way I'm letting him jump into the back of my Chevrolet tr-

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
He's entitled to his opinion like anyone else. Star Wars is not the god amongst sci-fi fantasies every geek seems to consider and Twilight does a good job filling its particular niche, if only because it is the only series in its niche.

Though to be honest, Star Wars did have Harrison Ford as Han Solo, a better actor as a better character than anyone in Twilight.

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
This Twilight BS has just been taken to a new level.

Ready the Blasters and Lightsabers people. Its time to cut this little "vampire" down to size.