'First 3 Twilight Films are Better than the original Star Wars Trilogy'

NewYork_Comedian

Nov 28, 2009
I didn't know these two can be compared, horny teenagers and winy vampires are similar to Space battles and alien creatures and and telekinetic light sword wielders?... good to know.

Oinodaemon

Apr 9, 2009
egh, ugggghhh.....aaaaahhhh!!! i cant....errrghh....even...form...(pant pant) a coherent....sentence!!!! so angry! HULK SMASH BBC FILM CRITIC!!!

sarge1942

May 24, 2009
coincidentally i'm watching starwars right now, i tried watching twilight, 2 minutes, although to be fare i walked into the room like ten minutes in, but i could not watch two minutes of it, i literally couldn't stay in the room, it was sooo bad, starwars isn't amazing in my opinion but is is good, there is no way all of the twilight movies put together could beat one of the starwars movies. 1 starwars movie= 7/10, all twilight movies= -867.5/10.

Jim Grim

Jun 6, 2009
Wait...What said:
Okay first off, this isn't MY opinion. This is the opinion of Mark Kermode a BBC film critic who i greatly respect. I was just wondering your views on this.

Personally although i disagree, i can see where he's coming from. The original star wars trilogy is overrated and the twilight films do get some unfair hatred.
How did he qualify what he said? I'm just interested to know.

NewYork_Comedian

Nov 28, 2009
Lullabye said:
Desaari said:
This guy works at my local university.

What should I do to him?
Slip him something that knocks him out, then roll him in glitter. Then when he wakes up, ask him if he'd rather walk around all day glittering, or don the Darth Vader outfit you just happen to have on hand. That should teach him a lesson.(if the wrong one, but a lesson none the less)
OMG I CAN'T HANDLE THIS!
Twilight is playing right behind me(against my will. So very very against) and I cannot stand it. The dialogue is just....gah! And something I've noticed? They did the film in that teal and orange thing, except it severely lacks any of the orange. It's all just...blue.....
At least Starwars had freakin colour!
either that, or...

Trow em in teh dumpsta.

MercenaryCanary

Mar 24, 2008
It's his opinion.
Let him have it while I gleefully re-watch The Empire Strikes Back.
If I meet him in person, then yes, I'll argue it out with him.
Probably something like "I'd rather have a science fiction epic with interesting characters and an expansive universe than pale characters hissing at each other in a cardboard cut-out story designed to attract women."
Yeah.
That works.

EDIT:
Perhaps OP is trollin'?

the Dept of Science

Nov 9, 2009
Where did he say this?

I'm a fan of Kermode and listening to his reviews, I seem to remember him finding the whole Twilight thing pretty alright (although, not anything special), and even though he doesn't love Star Wars, he has a high level of respect for them. I would be very surprised if he said this.
Googling "kermode twilight star wars" doesn't seem to give many results that suggests he said this and this thread is the second result on google.

Lord_Panzer

Impractically practical
Feb 6, 2009
I enjoy this guy, but sometimes he's just plain wrong.
This is one of those times.

Neurowaste

Apr 4, 2008
There is NO possible justification for that comment. Yes, the original star wars trilogy had it flaws, but to compare it with a shallow, tween cash -in is a crime, a crime i say!

shadow741

Oct 28, 2009
Death Star, hurry the fuck up and blow up this planet of imbeciles, I'm sick of all these fucking morons I have to put up with, just blow us all to hell already dammit!

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Well I haven't seen the first three Twilight films, so I can't really comment. However, isn't comparing these two trilogies kinda like comparing apples to oranges? Actually I think it's more like comparing apples to cucumbers. On the other hand, if you're strictly comparing the rabidness of their respective fanbases, then I could see how they'd be comparable; however I wouldn't consider that at all complimentary.

NJ

Feb 12, 2009
This is the line where opinion becomes stupidity, and stupidity should be rewarded with;

Grampy_bone

Mar 12, 2008
I actually feel that both Star Wars and Twilight are shite, but there is some merit to this opinion. Namely, there is a great deal of similarity between the two franchises.

-Both movies catered to a then-untapped audience (Star Wars hit the "action-adventure" spot for young males while Twilight is crack for young girls.)

-Both movies were hated by critics when they were released.

-Both movies have developed a cult-like following of rabid fans who seem insane and disturbed to people who don't share their love of the films.

Whether or not you feel the films are "good," you can't really argue the above points. I predict that years from now the Twilight Saga will be considered a classic just like Star Wars. Time will tell.