Game remake wishes

N-Sef

Jun 21, 2008
Maken X. This game originally came out on the Dreamcast (later remade on the PS2 as a budget title released only in Japan and PAL territories rebranded as Maken Shao: Demon Sword) and featured first person combat (swords, fans etc). I think remaking it on the Wii with full motion control and free movement would be a real treat, and also overhaul the entire graphics engine and perhaps celshade it to fully bring out Kazuma Kaneko's art style.

CapnGod

Sep 6, 2008
Ok, it's not so much from the mists of obscurity, but I wouldn't mind something along the lines of another Crazy Taxi or an NFS: Hot Pursuit 2. I've never been a huge fan of driving games, but those two were a blast for me, you know?

Amisbro

Nov 26, 2008
The Guardian Legend(Yes I'm stuck on that game)
Abadox
Faxanadu
the NES Ninja Gaiden games
and I'll take a remake of Final Fantasy...VIII as well please!

Endangered Puma

Dec 22, 2008
X-Com, if you don't know what it is here's the idea: you are a secret governemnt department for fighting alien invaders, when aliens invade a town you lead a squad of guys using the classic Fallout/Fire Emblem style gameplay. A very good game (#12: http://top100.ign.com/2005/011-020.html <-- good article btw)

What made it so great is the ability to capture and even use the alien's stuff, which grew astonishing well with the gameplay, and nearly essesual later on. It was a great memory of my childhood, sayin up till 10:30 will my little brother slowly designing a base. Downside is the game is very old now, if I remember right the whole game was I think 20megabytes (size of about 5songs) with today's tech it could become and amazing game, I am really suprised nobody has done a more recent version of it.

new_age_reject

Lives in dactylic hexameter.
Dec 28, 2008
sp0rk said:
Rath709 said:
Grim Fandango for the DS would be amazing.
This. And Monkey Island DS.

Better yet: LucasArts/SCUMM Collection DS

And I'll take a side of world peace with my pony, thank you.
I would die a happy man.

Podunk

Dec 18, 2008
Kickmaster. It was fun to use magic and kick things, and now it would be fun to use magic and kick things in the vein of the modern brawler.

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
CapnGod said:
Troll elsewhere, child.
I could say the same about your avatar and, come to think of it, your name.

That said, far too many games I'd like to see remade. One that's on the forefront of my mind now for some odd reason is Armour-Geddon [http://www.mobygames.com/game/amiga/armour-geddon] - it would make a good vehicular MMOG. I suppose I could see Carrier Command [http://www.mobygames.com/game/amiga/carrier-command] being similarly updated.

CapnGod

Sep 6, 2008
Not so much a remake, but I'd love to see something new out of id. They left an indelible mark on, at the very least, FPSs, if not gaming as a whole. That would be pretty sweet. Hell, maybe a Keen remake, too. Or was that Apogee? Shit.

CapnGod

Sep 6, 2008
Dastardos said:
i just want a sequel to conkers bad fur day or a port of it to 360 =[
You should be pretty happy, then, if you look under Platform(s) in the info box on the right: http://tinyurl.com/6tkz7w

Which means you've just gotta start searching amazon.com or ebay.com or your local game store for a copy.

Enjoy!

iamnotincompliance

Apr 23, 2008
Amisbro said:
The Guardian Legend
Finally, someone else says it.

This, and (I believe) Nintendo's last unmolested original franchise, Startropics.

Then again, it might be a good thing they've forgotten about that one.

Maet

The Altoid Duke
Jul 31, 2008
Blast Corps. (Originally on N64 from 1997). That franchise is ripe for expansion.

Motherfucking Blast Corps!

Codeman90

Apr 24, 2008
It's ironic that if any of these really popular N64 era games were remade half of the target audience would complain about the developers lack of originallity. Not making something new and instead looking in a history book for great ideas that worked well in the past.

I think it would be best if these games stayed in the past. They were good then and it's still fun to go back and play them every once and awhile but I just don't like remakes. Sequels are alright if done properly but a remake essentially means that you must keep almost all of the previous game's elements intact. I mean cmon would you REALLY buy Goldeneye if all they did was add better graphics? the mechanics are old and I don't think the core gameplay would hold up very well. Now if they decided to make an entirely new bond game that actually had a decent amount of effort put into it that would be much better. Let these things stay in the past.

Edit: a Re-invention of the series would be a far better way to go like what the Prince of Persia series did.