Games you want remade with better graphics?

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
infohippie said:
Ha! Seeing that consoles this generation are already behind PCs, chances are that history will repeat itself and the PC version won't be as impressive as you expect.

4ged

Jun 20, 2011
My vote goes to the King's Field and Shadow Tower games, They are awesome and the predecessors to Demon's Souls another game I would like to see upgraded but is sadly too new for this thread.

Apr 24, 2008
Max Payne 1 & 2.

Noone Lives Forever 1 & 2.

That's probably about it. I generally look forward rather than back, but I loved these games so much that I'd love to have them re-done on modern engines.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Adam Jensen said:
First Mafia game. It's still a unique game to this day. Which is so weird when you think about it. We live in the era of open world games and crime dramas and one of the most interesting periods of 20th century America has only been explored once 15 years ago.

That would be cool, but I thought you would've said the original Deus Ex, which would be my first pick. With refined mechanics, AI and of course visuals it would probably still wipe the floor with HR and MD.

Necrozius

Jun 21, 2016
There are some highly praised classics on Playstation 1/2, Nintendo 64, Game Cube and Dreamcast that I would love to see get an upgrade. I have a hard time playing Final Fantasy 7, for example, on account of the giant blocks for hands and such.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
There's all sorts of improvements they could do for Witchaven but I found the game to be a hoot back in the day.

Hexen too.

DarthCoercis

May 28, 2016
canadamus_prime said:
Quest for Glory. Keep the core of the games intact, but with up to date visuals.
I've been praying for that for years. Yes, part 5 was terrible, but the earlier parts were amazing.

OT: I think the only game I didn't mention from my wish-list was Descent to Undermountain. It was a first-person d&d game set in the Underdark of the Forgotten Realms using a modified Descent engine, and was an amazing game. I'd love to see it rebooted or rebuilt. Quest for Glory first, Descent to Undermountain second.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
If I can't have Warcraft 4 at least give me an updated WC3.

Hmm other than that... I would love a remastered Wave Race. My sister, Dad, and myself played that for hours on my N64. Bluestorm never did it for me though.

Rogue Squadron

Mech Assault Franchise from the original Xbox

Crimson Skies also from the Xbox

Anything newer than the xbox/PS2 area I don't really see as looking all that dated.

Jeteye

Escapist +
Feb 7, 2011
Country
United States of America
Give me any of the old PS1 Spyro games. At least an upgrade so their not a blur on an HDTV.

the December King

Legacy
Mar 3, 2010
A Solstice MMO that requires you to cooperate to solve giant puzzles would be AMAZING. Somehow capturing the original NES vibe while expanding the world and adding in a ton of cool mythology... how fun would that be?

(probably be reduced to a hack n slash grind anyways.)

go-10

Feb 3, 2010
Brave Fencer Musashi, a remake with Wind Waker style graphics of this game would just make my year.

Secret of Mana 2 (Seiken Densetsu 3) this is one of those SNES masterpieces that desperately needs an update to current GEN graphics.

and finally, after playing Dragon Quest Heroes, Chrono Trigger would look amazing in current gen graphics

ThePurpleStuff

Apr 30, 2010
mardocOz said:
Skies of Arcadia.

I would happily play through that again with or without a graphics upgrade, but maaaan this game needs a HD remake/sequel.
This. ALLLL of this. I thought Sega, or whoever owns the license, which I think is Nintendo since they ported it to gamecube. Promised to upload it and jet grind radio to the PSN store with better graphics. Instead just jet grind radio was uploaded. I swear I read it in an article ages ago but I can't find it anywhere... Sega just makes mobile games now, let off all their staff and they will never touch their old games again since they considered themselves failures. Least what I've read online... Least we got the gamecube port... *shrugs*

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
mardocOz said:
Skies of Arcadia.

I would happily play through that again with or without a graphics upgrade, but maaaan this game needs a HD remake/sequel.
That game just needs a tweak to lower the encounter rate and I'd be all over it.

OT: I really can't think of anything. All the games that come to mind need mechanical upgrades more. Like the early FPS games where you had to control them with the num pad because mice weren't a thing yet. And Morrowind.
I suppose I wouldn't mind seeing GTA 3 with V's graphics, just to see it.

Sizzle Montyjing

Pronouns - Slam/Slammed/Slammin'
Apr 5, 2011
Oblivion and New Vegas. Also the Spyro games, 1-3, and throw 4 in as well, that was good. Oh, and the Ratchet and Clank games but minus the stupid story being forced in that the remake had.

But please, just re-do Oblivion, and let Obsidian have either a remaster of New Vegas or another Fallout entirely.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
DarthCoercis said:
canadamus_prime said:
Quest for Glory. Keep the core of the games intact, but with up to date visuals.
I've been praying for that for years. Yes, part 5 was terrible, but the earlier parts were amazing.
I didn't think part 5 was that bad except for the final fight with the dragon.

COMaestro

Vae Victis!
May 24, 2010
I would love to see the original MGS remade with better graphics. I don't count The Twin Snakes because I can't find it anywhere for a reasonable price, otherwise I'd pick it up since I have a Wii that could play it.

Otherwise, I'll echo some sentiment above and say ALL the space sims. Wing Commander and the X-Wing/Tie Fighter series especially. I loved those games so much!

I'll also throw in Star Wars: Jedi Knight. Loved the game but man have those graphics aged poorly. The sequel is still pretty good looking though.