Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy

How can they add 75 hours of content without the content being grindy bullshit?
Basically it has two storymodes, storymode 1 is the original game, storymode 2 is Vengeance, both go up the same path about 1/3rd of the way in, then they totally diverge and might as well be different experiences narratively but with shared gameplay elements. You choose which one you wanna play when you do a new game.

The 75 hours is the content added to storymode 2 past that shared beginning which didn't exist in the switch game.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
So we got tons of new Metaphor info revealed!

Release date is October 11. Just enough time to finish the Answer dlc which is coming out in September.

Other notable systems; Followers is what they call the social link element, each one is tied to a job (archetype, those persona-like things the chars transform into) and every party member, not just the protagonist, can become any job. They are related to your quest to become king, which is the main thing this game is about. Also each job has its own skill tree, which actually gave me DDS vibes.

Gameplay is more actiony than persona, you can eliminate hoards of weakling enemies with the action gameplay and it even has a dodge roll and you enter turn based combat vs tougher enemies, but still you can use the actiony bits to get an extra turn. They wanted to keep the gameplay tempo up by reducing the amount of effortless wins you fought in turn based.

Music is in your head, literally. Galica (the fairy) casts a spell that lets you hear music.

The big abomination type monsters are called Humans. (every other peoples in the world are all some sort of fantasy race, even the protagonist who looks humanlike is actually kinda like a halfling but different and unique)

The game has big travel segments where you can socialize with the party and do activities as you go to a quest location, it's kinda like a mobile campsite

You can hoverboard on your sword

Reactions: FakeSympathy

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States

For those who don't follow arcade stuff, a few years ago they put out a new TMNT arcade game based on the 2012 show. I played it in arcades, it's "fun" kinda rides the line between the ADHD arcade attractions you'd see in those gaudy family fun establishments and an actual game. Its more "fun with beer" than some of the deeper beatm up arcade updates like the recent TMNT, Streets of rage 4 or River City Girls.

Anyhoo they ported it to PC and consoles yesterday.

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker2

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

For those who don't follow arcade stuff, a few years ago they put out a new TMNT arcade game based on the 2012 show. I played it in arcades, it's "fun" kinda rides the line between the ADHD arcade attractions you'd see in those gaudy family fun establishments and an actual game. Its more "fun with beer" than some of the deeper beatm up arcade updates like the recent TMNT, Streets of rage 4 or River City Girls.

Anyhoo they ported it to PC and consoles yesterday.
I know about this one. The game is okay, but with the Shredder's Revenge out, there is not much reason to get it, unless you've played SR death, a big TMNT fan, lover the 2012 show, or all the above. I didn't like the 2012 show after the second and third season, so I dropped it.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

Since the video, plenty of fans who've been looking forward to exploring a Fallout location set outside the United States have voiced their annoyance towards Bethesda, and while Carter does reiterate that he didn't intend for the publisher to get the brunt of this, he says it's "inevitable when there's that lack of communication. So I just wish that they had a conversation with us." I don't think it's ever "inevitable" for a publisher to get tons of backlash for not working closely with an unofficial mod, but it isn't massively unsurprising in this case, given Fallout London's reach.
Look, I don't like Bethesda and I do feel bad for the mod creators, but I don't think the publishers are really obligated to share the news early, or even talk to them in the first place. Like, come on did you guys think you guys will beat Bethesda in the race to who can release first? Even if the mod was released before the update, I don't know if players would've had enough time to fully enjoy the mod

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
I know about this one. The game is okay, but with the Shredder's Revenge out, there is not much reason to get it, unless you've played SR death, a big TMNT fan, lover the 2012 show, or all the above. I didn't like the 2012 show after the second and third season, so I dropped it.
I would concur than TMNT had it's up and downs. I would if nothing else recommend watching the ending arc that takes place in a Mad max future. Its pretty grim.

It would not surprise me in the least if this is F2P and on PS5 and Xbox premium memberships in a month or two. hard to recommend at $25.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I would concur than TMNT had it's up and downs. I would if nothing else recommend watching the ending arc that takes place in a Mad max future. Its pretty grim.
Heard about it, but not interested. I prefer Rise of TMNT over 2012. At least Rise has a more unique looking and interesting art style. One of my problem with 2012 was that it went in so hard trying to please 87 fans in later seasons. Not to mention, how they handled Karai and delayed her heel face turn for the sake of selling more toys by turning her into snake monster. That's when I stopped watching and said fuck this! Hell, the warning signs were already there when the original writer for the first season quit, because Nick so focused on trying to sell toys at the expense of good storytelling.

If got this game for free, I still wouldn't touch it again. I'd sooner play Mutants in Manhattan.

XsjadoBlaydette

~s•o√r∆rπy°`
May 26, 2022
Clear 'n Present Danger
Country
Must
Crab crab crab crab crab crab crab crab crab crab crab Crab-Borne!

hey don't frown at me, they're the ones openly labelling the game;

Another Crab’s Treasure is a soulslike adventure set in a crumbling underwater world plagued by a mysterious curse. As Kril the hermit crab, you’ll need to wear the trash around you as shells to withstand attacks from enemies many times your size. Embark on an epic treasure hunt to buy back your repossessed shell, and discover the dark secrets behind the polluted ocean

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Argh. I reloaded my FO3 and FO New Vegas and they crash on launch now. Hmmmm. Also reloaded 4 and that is fine. I never finished that one. I've got 76 on my Xbox and PC but, I think 4 is better. But I really wanna play FO3 GOTY again. Been about 15 years! I put a 120 hours into it on PS3 back in the day and it is just the best. Yes, the series on Amazon was so fantastic it has me wanting to revisit this property.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Argh. I reloaded my FO3 and FO New Vegas and they crash on launch now. Hmmmm. Also reloaded 4 and that is fine. I never finished that one. I've got 76 on my Xbox and PC but, I think 4 is better. But I really wanna play FO3 GOTY again. Been about 15 years! I put a 120 hours into it on PS3 back in the day and it is just the best. Yes, the series on Amazon was so fantastic it has me wanting to revisit this property.
Hmm, I just loaded in FNV w/ mods on my PC, and it loaded just fine. On the other hand, FO4 can't be launched at all. Thanks Bethesda

Reactions: gorfias