Has NASA Made First Contact?

LavaLampBamboo

King of Okay
Jun 27, 2008
tellmeimaninja said:
I think we should find turians. I like turians.
The first thing we did when we met the Turians? Shot them! Although maybe they shot first, I don't know.

OT: The way they phrase it with their "...impact the search for evidence..." That means they don't have any evidence, just a new MacGuffin that will make it easier to find stuff. Like a slightly bigger telescope. Or a robot space dog.

lumenadducere

May 19, 2008
Yeah, I'm expecting it to be an announcement of a planet that has very similar conditions to Earth or something. I get the feeling that if it was actual life then they'd have a much harder time holding in the news until Thursday. Especially with all the talks about NASA getting cut or losing funding.

Je Suis Ubermonkey

Jun 10, 2010
tellmeimaninja said:
Je Suis Ubermonkey said:
tellmeimaninja said:
yay first contact war?
It's more the peacemaking afterwards that pleases me.
The peacemaking and the chafing. Ooooohhh yeeeaaahhh!
They can use my conduit anyday. ; )

/innuendo. Start the real thing.
Do you reckon the female turians come with chafing issues too?

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
It's probably just some new technology. Nothing to get excited about anyway. YET.

Patrick Dare

Jul 7, 2010
"that will impact the search for evidence of extraterrestrial life." Sounds more like it's new technology than some kind of alien life or possibly a new way of identifying possibly earth-like extrasolar planets.

Edit: Damn you Georgw for being a ninja.

Rakkana

Nov 17, 2009
I wonder how to negotiations with the aliens and our new sun overlord will unfold...

ThatLankyBastard

Aug 18, 2010
Mr Companion said:
Wow thats my birthday! Clearly its my destiny to be the new administrator of city 17!

Merkavar said:
i hope they are sexy aliens.
I wonder which sexy intergalactic smurfs it will be? Asari or Navii? Im taking bets!
500 MILLION monies on Asari!!!

Josh123914

They'll fix it by "Monday"
Nov 17, 2009
tellmeimaninja said:
Josh12345 said:
tellmeimaninja said:
fuck turians, the Hanar are the most polite jellyfish in the universe, on second thought, fuck Hanar, Quarians created genocidal robots and wear helmets indoors, actually, fuck the Quarians, The Geth are Genocidal robots, who wouldn't want one?
I could Mass Effect lore-unch you so many times right now, but still...

And I fully intend to fuck turians. I LIKE TURIANS.
kinda creepy, I don't think we've SEEN any female turians yet, though I'm guessing if you go inter species.... nevermind, this is getting way off-topic

Xenos Eriadin

Mar 11, 2009
I don't understand why some perople if the first alien lifeform found was "just bacteria". I would be ecstatic if we knew for certain that there was bacteria swimming around under Europa or something. It would be life, for christ sake!
Life! In space!
I don't care how primitive it is, if it falls under the category of "alive", I will shit bricks with excitement.

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
Dr. Paine said:
Josh12345 said:
tellmeimaninja said:
fuck turians, the Hanar are the most polite jellyfish in the universe, on second thought, fuck Hanar, Quarians created genocidal robots and wear helmets indoors, actually, fuck the Quarians, The Geth are Genocidal robots, who wouldn't want one?
I want Legion!

If we had to make contact with any ME race though, I'd hope for drell.

Or maybe turians.

Or non-heretic geth.

You know, NASA has probably discovered the X-Parasite xD Now let us all prepare to be taken over by squishy blobs, then some intergalactic bounty hunter either has to kill us all or release soul-sucking jellyfish, then blow the Earth up.
fuck 'em

ASARI IS ALL WE NEED ^-^

(or at least Quarians for that matter... female Quarians... Tali)

newwiseman

Aug 27, 2010
They probably coming out to say they're firing everyone since we don't have a space program anymore, and the project 'constillation' got scraped before a penny was spent; beyond the name and logo, which probably cost 10mil.