Here Is Your First Fallout 4 Trailer

Willy Rogers

Aug 20, 2014
Maybe the vault dweller is a trailer twist, and he's a companion that you run into. Nah, that's too clever for Bethesda. In all seriousness, alternate start options would be welcome.

Nimcha

Dec 6, 2010
BloatedGuppy said:
Ishal said:
A voiced main character... eh... eh...
Ohhh are we actually getting a voiced main character?

That'd be an improvement.
Agreed! I always thought that was just what Fallout needed. And more character animations please!

Willy Rogers

Aug 20, 2014
BeerTent said:
Remember, this is Bethesda. Don't freaking preorder, or buy the damn thing it until we have confirmation the game goddamn works. Like, out of the box. Please?

You're gonna ignore me, aren't you?

Goddamnit. It has a dog. I kind of want it now just because of the dog.
Even worse, it's a German Shepard. I had a German Shepard from childhood and since it died every time I see something with a Shepard in it, I go into a kind of nostalgic trance and buy the object. Damn you Bethesda <clicks pre-order screen> damnnnnn youuu.....

Auron225

Oct 26, 2009
Random Argument Man said:
Well?Think I finally have a reason to buy next gen now..
My thoughts exactly. At last a game which justifies a next-gen console!

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
I get a tiny bit annoyed when a web site offers pre-orders before announcing system requirements.

Other than that, woo-hoo!

Michael Tabbut

May 22, 2013
Drago-Morph said:
Just to clarify, that's Boston for sure. They show the Massachusetts State House in one of the panning shots (the big gold dome).
Yes it is, the USS Constitution and the statue of Paul Revere showed up and I'm pretty damned sure that Vault 111 is Haymarket Station (personal guess tbh, there's a bus line that stops at the station numbered 111).

Texas Joker 52

All hail the Pun Meister!
Jun 25, 2011
I'm excited. While I know this is a cinematic trailer, I am hoping that that's a sign of just what it's going to look like in-game, because as much as I loved Fallout 3 and New Vegas, I'm beginning to feel that they haven't aged very well in terms of how they handled character models, faces, and so on. Though, some designs are timeless.

What I really want to know is this: Are we going to be a Vault Dweller again? All signs point to yes, but if not... Please give us the option to play a Ghoul.

Namehere

Forum Title
May 6, 2012
vallorn said:
This and Xcom 2? Oh be still my beating heart. Then again this is Bethesda we're talking about so this is a "Buy when they fix all the f**king bugs!" for me. I've been burned too many times by their poor quality control to give them a preorder.
Yea, you know what: ^this. These days I not only don't preorder but often I won't buy a game until all it's DLC has been released and its on sale. Cheap? Maybe. But definitely a good way not to get too let down. And given how long it takes a game like Fallout to get all those bugs managed and all its DLCs out, I'll probably have a slightly better computer to run it on. Ah the economics of PC gaming.

Sep 14, 2009
vallorn said:
This and Xcom 2? Oh be still my beating heart. Then again this is Bethesda we're talking about so this is a "Buy when they fix all the f**king bugs!" for me. I've been burned too many times by their poor quality control to give them a preorder.
yeah both of these have my eyebrows raised in excitement, I really didn't think these two sequels would be announced this year, fuck yeah.

(as someone who was not a fan of fallout 3, I'm actually somewhat intrigued after seeing the trailer and all the different environments and stuff they had going on.)

the only thing I'm extremely cautious about with this is...paid mods, the wording they used when they got rid of them made it HIGHLY probable it was going to make a comeback with a new release game, and what game is good as ever as fallout 4 to force choke people into paid mods. So I'll probably be waiting until after release unless they announce beforehand they won't be doing paid mods with F4

animeprime

Feb 18, 2013
Guys wait, I know how they'll get around having the main character being silent! The main character is actually the dog from the trailer, not the wastelander in the jumpsuit. You're dialogue options will consist of barks, whines and howls. You'll start off as a regular German Shepard, but eventually upgrade to a cyberdog with bow-wowerd armor.

SmugFrog

Ribbit
Sep 4, 2008
GOD you people... Just goes to show there's no pleasing everyone!

> OH NO a voiced player character!
> YAY! a voiced player character!

> Looks like Fallout 3 with better textures! :(
> Looks like Fallout 3 with better textures! :D

And on and on and on. If you don't like Bethesda or Fallout, I've got this AMAZING idea that you didn't think about: how about just not playing it, huh? I'm sure those of you that don't like it will still make an appearance to complain if it were to be wildly popular with everyone else, much as Skyrim was.

SmugFrog

Ribbit
Sep 4, 2008
animeprime said:
dialogue options will consist of barks, whines and howls. You'll start off as a regular German Shepard, but eventually upgrade to a cyberdog with bow-wowerd armor.
Awesome. :D Or should I say, ARrrrooooooooooooooo! LOL I can't wait to accompany my human master on this adventure.

Th37thTrump3t

Nov 12, 2009
Ishal said:
Wonder if it's still in the gamebryo engine. That might be a deal breaker for some.
Doubt it. They'll probably go with the Creation Engine that they used in Skyrim. Plus if this is in engine footage that we're seeing, the animations are way too fluid to be gamebryo.

Anti-American Eagle

HAPPENING IMMINENT
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
Canada
People complaining about the PC having a voice, people being happy about the PC having a voice... I think they just tacked on a voice for the sake of the trailer. It's an image of what they'll use for Canon purposes in the same way that the PC from the fallout 3 trailers would be their Canon for that. I doubt they're thick headed enough to attach a voice to the player's vehicle in the game world. A voiced PC hinders potential when the character isn't designed with specificity, it doesn't create it.

As for the rest, as long as it's recognizably fallout I'll be happy.

icecycle66

Jun 3, 2015
Looks like the same ol' crap.
I guess I need to upgrade my laptop for it.

I wonder if anyone decided to neaten up the place in whatever time frame this will be. Or is everybody still sitting on busted couches strewn about with empty bean cans and burnt out books.

Hopefully, as part of the pre-bomb flashbacks, we'll finally see that every broom factory in the world is what was actually targeted by the bombs.

Genocidicles

Sep 13, 2012
The fucking Brotherhood of Steel, again.
Playing as a Vault Dweller, again.
Dogmeat, again.
Flashbacks... ugh
Voiced player character... uuuuuuugh

I knew it was gonna suck.

Hopefully in a few years Obsidian will be able to make a decent Fallout game again.